BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

+2
snuff98
EverySparePenny
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here.

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. - Page 2 Empty Re: I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

Post  EverySparePenny March 2nd 2018, 8:17 am

A D2OE head is NOT the same head as a D2VE head ... BIG differences.[/quote]

Very interesting, I shall investigate more.

Thank you

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. - Page 2 Empty Re: I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here. Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports.

Post  dfree383 March 3rd 2018, 1:37 am

EverySparePenny wrote:I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here.

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. - Page 2 20180214

The more local association would allow the port being moved it looks like.

Sent from Topic'it App

wouldn't hurt to ask for a rule revision, CJ heads are getting scarce. GM square port stuff is a lot more common
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 3rd 2018, 2:07 am

dfree383 wrote:
EverySparePenny wrote:I've shared these pictures elsewhere, thought I would share them here.

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. - Page 2 20180214

The more local association would allow the port being moved it looks like.

wouldn't hurt to ask for a rule revision, CJ heads are getting scarce. GM square port stuff is a lot more common

I've asked both associations several times and can't get enough backing. More Ford's are starting to show up though so maybe we can get something changed

Sent from Topic'it App

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 3rd 2018, 2:37 pm

With those rules, I would almost consider using a Ford 400, bored & stroked to 470" and use some 4V Cleveland heads with the milled off exhaust ports and the high port plates installed. The 4V heads have ports big enough that you can move them around with some creative epoxy work and get some killer flow through them!!
Just my thoughts of course!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 3rd 2018, 11:53 pm

BBFTorino wrote:With those rules, I would almost consider using a Ford 400, bored & stroked to 470" and use some 4V Cleveland heads with the milled off exhaust ports and the high port plates installed. The 4V heads have ports big enough that you can move them around with some creative epoxy work and get some killer flow through them!!

I am guessing you didn't actually read all his required cylinder head rules ... "NO PORT PLATES".

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 3rd 2018, 11:57 pm

EverySparePenny wrote:
dfree383 wrote:That’s some expensive work.

What are the rules in that class?

A port plate would have been a whole lot cheaper

Set of DO0E's that we had welded up and hope to someday have ported to raise the ports. - Page 2 20180213

Sent from Topic'it App

from the first page ...

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 4th 2018, 1:52 am

A couple of the guys I run against in this class and I were BSing this morning, representing all 3 manufacturers. One of the guys brought up doing like a spec head rule using Edelbrock's head spec'd for NHRA's Super Stock class.

What would you gents opinion be on something like that?

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 4th 2018, 6:56 am

EverySparePenny wrote:A couple of the guys I run against in this class and I were BSing this morning, representing all 3 manufacturers.  One of the guys brought up doing like a spec head rule using Edelbrock's head spec'd for NHRA's Super Stock class.

At least that would be more fair for all makes but, only if a specific group of heads were chosen like ONLY their "RPM" part numbers...

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 4th 2018, 7:25 am

EverySparePenny wrote:A couple of the guys I run against in this class and I were BSing this morning, representing all 3 manufacturers.  One of the guys brought up doing like a spec head rule using Edelbrock's head spec'd for NHRA's Super Stock class.

Certainly makes it a easier than finding 40-50 year old heads

Just need to several rules, factory port location, valve angles and no welding or epoxy work
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  EverySparePenny March 4th 2018, 7:55 am

Our thought was to allow ONLY the NHRA branded head.

I'm sure these heads are not optimal by any means but, yes much easier and as affordable as a 50 year old head. It would appear they support at least most of my supporting components as well.

EverySparePenny

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 4th 2018, 10:03 am

EverySparePenny wrote:Our thought was to allow ONLY the NHRA branded head.

I'm sure these heads are not optimal by any means but, yes much easier and as affordable as a 50 year old head.  It would appear they support at least most of my supporting components as well.

That would probably work-out well; at least more fair for everyone.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 4th 2018, 12:01 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:With those rules, I would almost consider using a Ford 400, bored & stroked to 470" and use some 4V Cleveland heads with the milled off exhaust ports and the high port plates installed. The 4V heads have ports big enough that you can move them around with some creative epoxy work and get some killer flow through them!!

I am guessing you didn't actually read all his required cylinder head rules ... "NO PORT PLATES".

Right. I didn't catch that!! But one could probably still use the 4V heads to great effect even without the port plate.
Filling in the bottom of the exhaust port would make it smaller, but straighter. The exhaust valve would have to have more "open time" than normal.
I bet it would still make more power than a comparable iron headed small block Chevy!! Very Happy

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh March 4th 2018, 1:25 pm

BBFTorino wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Right. I didn't catch that!! But one could probably still use the 4V heads to great effect even without the port plate.
Filling in the bottom of the exhaust port would make it smaller, but straighter. The exhaust valve would have to have more "open time" than normal.
I bet it would still make more power than a comparable iron headed small block Chevy!! Very Happy

Unless you are cruizin with the windows down, I would not fill a 4V Cleveland head exhaust port. I would rub on the short turns, and work the pockets, then optimize the cam timing events to utilize the ports. I only want less port for street-ability, not for racing. I do agree with the more power than a SBC and many BBC as that is the class.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2