BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NMCA Classes

4 posters

Go down

NMCA Classes Empty NMCA Classes

Post  Dave De July 18th 2018, 10:24 pm

I'm looking at running at Norwalk for the Cobra Jet reunion. They arent having a Pro bracket race. So I look into the rules to get into the NMCA to find a class. I cant find one that I see that a non-NMCA member can run. If you are a member please help.
My car is a tube chassis 69 Mustang, ladder rear/M2 front, 580 NA BBF with P-51 heads on E85, its plated for the street but has a 12 pt cage, has big tires but that can change.
Ive got a message into the NMCA contact already.

If I'm screwed just say so.
Thanks
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

NMCA Classes Empty Re: NMCA Classes

Post  Mark Miller July 19th 2018, 12:10 am

Dave De wrote:I'm looking at running at Norwalk for the Cobra Jet reunion. They arent having a Pro bracket race. So I look into the rules to get into the NMCA to find a class. I cant find one that I see that a non-NMCA member can run. If you are a member please help.
My car is a tube chassis 69 Mustang, ladder rear/M2 front, 580 NA BBF with P-51 heads on E85, its plated for the street but has a 12 pt cage, has big tires but that can change.

Thanks

Can you run Open Comp?The only bad thing about that class though is qualifying is based off of reaction time not ET!! Sad

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De July 19th 2018, 7:08 am

Mark Miller wrote:
Dave De wrote:I'm looking at running at Norwalk for the Cobra Jet reunion. They arent having a Pro bracket race. So I look into the rules to get into the NMCA to find a class. I cant find one that I see that a non-NMCA member can run. If you are a member please help.

Thanks

Can you run Open Comp?The only bad thing about that class though is qualifying is based off of reaction time not ET!! Sad

I can run that class but I havent done well with a pro tree. At least its a .500 tree.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 19th 2018, 9:35 am

I think Mark nailed it.... Open Comp FTW!

Time to get the practice tree out and work it like a pickpocket at a jewelry convention!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea July 19th 2018, 11:06 am

If you can hit a .500 Sportsman tree then a .500 pro tree is no different unless you are anticipating the light. I had to lower my launch rpm and slow down the transbrake dump on my car in order to not go red on the .500 pro tree.

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De July 19th 2018, 10:39 pm

The last time I had a Pro Tree experience was a .400 light and I was way late. I didnt know I was in the quick 8 program until minutes before it started. I couldnt adjust my button or bypass the TB relay.
I will practice and see what I can do if Im back together in time to run.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down