BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads

+63
G-Code
mitch huested
away
torino501
427John
CDMBill
Carbguy
jasonf
SandHillsHillbilly
cletus66
BOSS 429
Lukesportsman
738drvr
Ol'Blue77
Mikejc
6t6mustang
MidnightbluS10
psfracer
c.evans
res0rli9
terryk105
IDT-572
stanger68
BBF552
Dave De
HorsinAround
BigBlockRanger
ED468
fordsrgrt
nitrous.f
Carl
windsor
boss9coupe
Mark Miller
nuclearcobra
Stimie
Curt
Mark O'Neal
cobrakid8
Coupe Devil
whatbumper
STR-LGL-70
DGS
Gary Blair
glenevans
Paul Kane
litshoot
68formalGT
hbstang
jonkaase
68galaxie
JBR-3
dfree383
nascar429
TravisRice
rmcomprandy
jbozzelle
BBFTorino
wayney
bruno
Lem Evans
enginetech
Doug Rahn
67 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads - Page 3 Empty SR 71

Post  STR-LGL-70 August 20th 2018, 10:26 am

Lot of interest in these new heads, what is the combustion chamber volume? Also, are they available with Ti retainers as an upgrade?
Thanks, Sheldon
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads

Post  glenevans August 20th 2018, 3:26 pm

Jon, I hope you got the photos I emailed to your office a while back. They were from Winternationals in Pomona, early '80s. You were working on a Boss powered Pro Stock car in the pits. Cool

glenevans

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase August 22nd 2018, 7:30 pm

Yes I did, Thanks Glen

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 22nd 2018, 8:03 pm

[quote="dfree383"][quote="enginetech"]Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.[/quote]

How conventional can they be if the factory valve covers and intakes wont even fit????

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20[/quote]

Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this new Ford head. (It's been a while since we could say that)

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT August 22nd 2018, 8:20 pm

whatbumper wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
enginetech wrote:Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.

How conventional can they be if the factory valve covers and intakes wont even fit????

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20

Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads.

That must be what makes it conventional. If a Ford was given the same defining parameters the C460 or Thor head would fit but those are specifically named and excluded in some types of racing.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Coupe Devil August 22nd 2018, 10:17 pm

If I am understanding this correctly, these will need a slightly larger valve relief than the P51's so is there going to be a specific piston available? Or did I miss that?
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 22nd 2018, 10:49 pm

[quote="68formalGT"][quote="whatbumper"][quote="dfree383"][quote="enginetech"]Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.[/quote]

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20[/quote]

[b]Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads[/b].[/quote]

That must be what makes it conventional. If a Ford was given the same defining parameters the C460 or Thor head would fit but those are specifically named and excluded in some types of racing.[/quote]

95% of racing organizations do not consider the sr20 a conventional head. The only reason Rick and brodix call them that is because they use a regular BBC intake, headers, etc... Not because of the valve layout. It was built as a bracket racing head for NA guys. It just so happens to be a good all around head.

As far as this new ford head is concerned, It is nice that it uses current architecture for the intake manifold and probably a "shelf" style piston with a few change orders. Nothing crazy.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 August 23rd 2018, 9:12 am

95% of racing organizations do not consider the sr20 a conventional head.  The only reason Rick and brodix call them that is because they use a regular BBC intake, headers, etc...  Not because of the valve layout.  It was built as a bracket racing head for NA guys.  It just so happens to be a good all around head.  

As far as this new ford head is concerned, It is nice that it uses current architecture for the intake manifold and probably a "shelf" style piston with a few change orders.  Nothing crazy.[/quote]

As far as rick and brodix calling them conventional headed, how is that? They require a specific intake per Brodix and every article written about them a specific shaft rocker arm system, and some other things like brodix valve cover. I know you said a regular one would fit but per Brodix it does not.

Per Superchevy. com

There are several other features that will require specific required components. To start, the intake ports have been raised 0.500-inch, which means these heads will demand a specific Brodix intake manifold. Because both valves have been rolled to their new angles, this means the heads will require a shaft rocker system. Brodix has worked with both T&D and Jesel on this head and both companies offer a dedicated shaft system that will accommodate the new angles. Because the exhaust valve is moved so close to the valve cover rail, a different valve cover and head studs are also required, which Brodix also supplies. Of course, the new valve angles will also require custom piston valve reliefs to match the new valve angles for adequate valve-to-piston clearance, so you will need to add that to your list of requirements should you be considering a switch to these new heads.

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 September 1st 2018, 2:44 pm

Any more info on these yet?
Thanks
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal September 2nd 2018, 7:53 pm

I've read what I can find, and watched what I can watch...and I know pretty much nothing more than I did when I started.

Mark O'Neal

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase September 3rd 2018, 2:48 pm

We are finishing up a group of the heads now. may send a few pair out this week, but really are not quite at the point to be taking orders.

WE have not started advertising yet, but as soon as we have a good inventory we will do so. Lots of people have made the mistake of getting everyone all charged up over a new product, and then for whatever reason can't supply them. I think in 1 to 2 weeks we'll be in good shape. and then there will be a lot more information on here. ... Kaase

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 4th 2018, 10:42 am

Mark O'Neal wrote:I've read what I can find, and watched what I can watch...and I know pretty much nothing more than I did when I started.

Pretty much SOP for you Mark. Razz
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Stimie September 24th 2018, 9:25 pm

Any updates???

Stimie

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase September 25th 2018, 7:34 pm

We have a pair at our advertising agency foe pictures and text. They should be about finished and I will put some stuff up here soon.
We are machining on them every day and have sent a few pair out already... Kaase

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 September 25th 2018, 8:28 pm

Thanks for the update,
When you get around to adding more info on here would like to know more about the video posted on your FB page 6/29 with what appears to be a set of these heads with a tunnel ram & 2 dominators being ran on a dyno. Maybe a little info on the intake as well.
Thanks, Sheldon G.
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase September 26th 2018, 9:14 pm

That is an HRE tunnel ram we had made for any wedge head like SCJ, P-52, SR-71, even iron SCJ. It is about 40 better than the TFS 4 barrel. We are considering making a cast version of that manifold but the pattern costs are close to that of a cyl head. We have to make sure people would want one. Years ago a 2x 4 tunnel ram was a huge gain, but today's 4 bbl intakes are so good and BIG Dominators, the difference is usually less than 50

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 October 6th 2018, 9:29 am

I have no idea what pattern costs would be but if you decide to move forward maybe you could ask on here how many would be interested as a group & willing to pay a deposit on the intake to help cover pattern costs provided it could be done in x amount of months. I think if there were better pieces available more would use a TR than now or would want to upgrade. Maybe also have a boss on the underside of runners for fogger nozzle placement and topside for fuel injection? Looks like the SR 71 is gonna be a winner!
Thanks, Sheldon G
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  nascar429 October 18th 2018, 10:26 pm

Jon.
would you care to share with us the rpm peak for Hp and torque with the 598ci single four in testing?

I think us guys building serious race combo's would like to compare with the other CJ head variations that have come out over the last 25+ years.. most CJ style heads i have seen seem to start to roll over at about 6500-6600 rpm unless you get serious with the Intake manifold and camshaft etc

I'm guessing that is not the case with your new head design..

Thanks

nascar429

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 2nd 2018, 9:11 pm

Man they would make one high winding evil 472
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase November 3rd 2018, 9:17 am

https://mooregoodink.com/kaase-launches-new-sr-71-cylinder-heads-for-big-block-fords/

Please try this link for some more information with pictures... Kaase

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase November 3rd 2018, 9:18 am

I will try to put some dyno sheets up here in the next few days

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino November 3rd 2018, 3:53 pm

Wow!! thanks for the link, Jon. Those heads look very impressive. To maintain near original type of architecture yet still be able to make 1,100 hp on a 598.....that used to be the sole area of the A, B, and C type of heads and intakes, it's incredible!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads - Page 3 Empty testing

Post  jonkaase November 4th 2018, 5:59 pm

I have been testing heads all weekend and have lots of data to share. Some pictures also if I can figure it out. Many dyno sheets! I am working on learning getting pictures on here right now. ... Kaase

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads - Page 3 Empty head test

Post  jonkaase November 4th 2018, 6:17 pm

Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads - Page 3 Img_3210
this weekend's test work

jonkaase

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase November 4th 2018, 6:18 pm

Yes, they are AFR 315 heads. That shot is our 598 test engine

jonkaase