BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2

+7
BBFTorino
zbob
away
rmcomprandy
maverick532
biglucky
83-88T-Bird Guy
11 posters

Go down

NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2 Empty NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 6th 2019, 9:05 pm

Sad news for those of us that race at the NMRA World Finals @ BG in late September.

They no longer will have Bracket 1 or Bracket 2 at that event.

Only the True Street racers can run Bracket 3 on Sunday Sad

For me, it was the most anticipated event of the year.

The only event left now is the All Ford Race in June @ US60
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2 Empty Re: NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2

Post  biglucky February 7th 2019, 11:04 am

I had one of the NMRA officials maKe a comment to me 5-6 years ago that the bracket classes did not matter to them.I won't repeat what i said to him but from that point on they didn't have to worry about getting any of my money.I know the crowd comes to see the high dollar outfits run but the money 150-200 bracket 1 and 2 cars pay to run adds up.
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2 Empty Re: NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 7th 2019, 2:06 pm

biglucky wrote:I had one of the NMRA officials maKe a comment to me 5-6 years ago that the bracket classes did not matter to them.I won't repeat what i said to him but from that point on they didn't have to worry about getting any of my money.I know the crowd comes to see the high dollar outfits run but the money 150-200 bracket 1 and 2 cars pay to run adds up.

No doubt the bracket racers conrtibuted quite a bit of cash at the front gate. Plus they bring paying spectators with them.

I like to double up and run a fixed index and a bracket class at that event.

Not anymore. No way I am paying 195 dollars to try and win 500. ( $ 145 entry and 50 dollar mandatory annual membership to  run Ford Muscle)

I may spectate on Sat. to check out the swap meet, but it looks like my membership and race attendance days have come to an end
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

NMRA Bowling Green, KY racers...no more Bracket 1 or BK 2 Empty Bracket racing

Post  maverick532 February 9th 2019, 1:27 pm

I gave up NMRA a long time ago when they short changed us bracket racers back in 2008 , we were supposed to race 2 days then with pay outs both days , they short changes us with a race shake up only letting us compete 1 day with no prior notice . This was back when we would have 2 spring events back to back . We would have the Super Ford event 1 weekend then following week have NMRA , certainly made for some good times . IMO the only one's who cared about the bracket racers is the bracket racer . Super Ford is gone , NMRA is only about their current platform and has no care or interest in supporting what is and has always been the backbone of racing the grassroots innovative run what you brought racer who support their local tracks weekly all across America ! Yes racing has certainly changed for all of us , but IMO we should still be included .

maverick532

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 9th 2019, 1:41 pm

Personally ... because I no longer have my own race car and go to such events merely to spectate and get entertained; I have gone to only ONE event of the NMRA since they started.
This is merely from a SPECTATOR point of view.
Unless someone is involved with one of those cars, being just a spectator, I can't watch 250 Mustangs run one another all day long. The event I went to ... I left for home after only a couple hours of that monotony.

I have been to quite a few NMCA events throughout the years at Norwalk and like seeing the different cavalcade of street vehicles and street type race cars at those events.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  away March 19th 2019, 3:05 pm

What am I hearing is this true?????? I am heart broken!
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  zbob March 20th 2019, 8:59 am

the only first place I ever took was at nmra Byron. running brackets. however the list of famous/infamous characters I rubbed elbows with throught out the years made it all worth while. animal jim, Donnie walsh, ed Curtis, billy and significant other glidden, rich w., sean hyland, steve saleen, tim allen, greg Sheridan. a bunch others.
sorry to see us not welcome any more. bobn

zbob

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 20th 2019, 11:16 pm

One of the best all Ford races is the "FE Reunion and Shootout" in April....on 4/27 and 4/28. Cool old Fords & Mercs.
I wish there was a dedicated 385 series shootout somewhere!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 21st 2019, 6:18 am

BBFTorino wrote:One of the best all Ford races is the "FE Reunion and Shootout" in April....on 4/27 and 4/28. Cool old Fords & Mercs.

The BBF race in Kentucky happens every year, we have a blast
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 21st 2019, 3:50 pm

dfree383 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:One of the best all Ford races is the "FE Reunion and Shootout" in April....on 4/27 and 4/28. Cool old Fords & Mercs.

Opps, I forgot about that!! I wish there was more of these, maybe in other parts of the country. They dont have Super Ford any more, and the NMRA is just all late model Mustangs anymore. I am old school, and really enjoy the classic cars and vintage racers....and not just Mustangs!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 21st 2019, 6:29 pm

BBFTorino wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

Opps, I forgot about that!! I wish there was more of these, maybe in other parts of the country. They dont have Super Ford any more, and the NMRA is just all late model Mustangs anymore. I am old school, and really enjoy the classic cars and vintage racers....and not just Mustangs!!

The NMCA races are much more diverse.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 March 21st 2019, 7:41 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Personally ... because I no longer have my own race car and go to such events merely to spectate and get entertained; I have gone to only ONE event of the NMRA since they started.
Unless someone is involved with one of those cars, being just a spectator, I can't watch 250 Mustangs run one another all day long. The event I went to ... I left for home after only a couple hours of that monotony.

I have been to quite a few NMCA events throughout the years at Norwalk and like seeing the different cavalcade of street vehicles and street type race cars at those events.

Yes sir I totally agree. I have never been to an all ford race much less an all mustang race. I just don't get it. I thoroughly enjoy whipping up on chevies and mopars. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would sign up for a whole day of racing other mustangs.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 21st 2019, 11:32 pm

stanger68 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:Personally ... because I no longer have my own race car and go to such events merely to spectate and get entertained; I have gone to only ONE event of the NMRA since they started.

Yes sir I totally agree. I have never been to an all ford race much less an all mustang race. I just don't get it. I thoroughly enjoy whipping up on chevies and mopars. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would sign up for a whole day of racing other mustangs.
Well, Super Chevy used to be very similar....the staging lanes were filled with nothing but 69 Camaro's....usually red with black stripes, or blue with white stripes!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 March 22nd 2019, 10:17 am

stanger68 wrote:

For some of us it's because we HATE Chevy, they can burn in hell for all I care, I get enough of those pieces of junk when I go to my local track AND they love to run off at the mouth, constant diarrhea of the mouth from Chevy owners. Plus the NMCA with their LS swap and Chevy powered mustangs can go to hell also! That's why I love the NMRA and back in the day FFW and will never set foot in a NMCA show, I want to see fast Fords not anything Chevy powered or I can go To my local track and see that.

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 24th 2019, 2:31 pm

For some of us it's because we HATE Chevy, they can burn in hell for all I care, I get enough of those pieces of junk when I go to my local track AND they love to run off at the mouth, constant diarrhea of the mouth from Chevy owners. Plus the NMCA with their LS swap and Chevy powered mustangs can go to hell also! That's why I love the NMRA and back in the day FFW and will never set foot in a NMCA show, I want to see fast Fords not anything Chevy powered or I can go To my local track and see that.[/quote]

I totally agree !^^^^^
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum