BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mini starter

4 posters

Go down

mini starter Empty mini starter

Post  kjett July 8th 2019, 8:37 am

So I had been using a DB Electric starter in the old truck with no issues, but got the new alcohol injected motor together for the new truck. There is very little space to move around on this new ride and will have to remove fender panels and the header just to get to the starter, so don't want to chance having an issue with the stock style starter. What's a good quality high torque starter that people are using that will last a while? Tilton? Meziere?  CVR? CSR?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

mini starter Empty Re: mini starter

Post  rmcomprandy July 8th 2019, 9:53 am

kjett wrote:So I had been using a DB Electric starter in the old truck with no issues, but got the new alcohol injected motor together for the new truck. There is very little space to move around on this new ride and will have to remove fender panels and the header just to get to the starter, so don't want to chance having an issue with the stock style starter. What's a good quality high torque starter that people are using that will last a while? Tilton? Meziere?  CVR? CSR?

A lot of my customers have recommended to me the CVR starter number 5048M; it has a multi positioning head which fits just about every application and enough power to turn over anything.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett July 8th 2019, 10:42 am

rmcomprandy wrote:A lot of my customers have recommended to me the CVR starter number 5048M; it has a multi positioning head which fits just about every application and enough power to turn over anything.

Thanks! That's the one I was just looking into.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 July 8th 2019, 10:30 pm

That CVR starter looks just like my Summit Racing brand one. A word of caution, make sure you keep the two long screws that hold the motor to the starter housing tight, one of mine came loose and allowed the motor to twist free from the housing and caused an issue with cranking. I replaced the bolts with a stronger version and also added some nuts to keep everything tight.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 9th 2019, 3:42 pm

The Mezeir is the cats ass
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content