BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford JC51

+10
norm
QtrWarrior
rmcomprandy
Calkins
68formalGT
gt350hr
Colt Macara
kpascoe
stanger68
590KA
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ford JC51 Empty Ford JC51

Post  590KA December 1st 2020, 4:50 pm

Thought Id post some of these as Im probably the only one I know of that has done anything with this platform. Ive been running the cylinder head on a 250ci four cylinder in Comp eliminator and Im now building the first 500 that I know of and I have a lot of knowledge on this engine combo. Hopefully youll enjoy the pics. Comment away! Im new to posting here and dont have a clue if my pics will even post or not.

Ford JC51 Img_0110
Ford JC51 Img_4010
[url=https://servimg.com/view/20286276/9]Ford JC51 Img_4112
Ford JC51 Img_4113Ford JC51 Img_0111

590KA

QtrWarrior, Mark Miller and Neilaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Ford JC51 Empty Re: Ford JC51

Post  stanger68 December 6th 2020, 3:30 pm

Is that a motorsport head?

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  kpascoe December 9th 2020, 10:49 am

Clint,

So that's what your secret project is. It looks awesome. Guess that's what you needed all those crankshafts for. You building a B/A ?
I got my A/R Boss Hemi running. Waiting on a clutch.
Are you going to make it to Gateway for the big comp shootout in the spring?

Kent

kpascoe

590KA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara December 9th 2020, 1:13 pm

kpascoe wrote:Clint,

So that's what your secret project is. It looks awesome. Guess that's what you needed all those crankshafts for. You building a B/A ?

Kent

What date / time @ Gateway? You need track time? Take 2 weeks too tune that baby! Razz
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 1:48 pm

stanger68 wrote:Is that a motorsport head?

I guess you could say motorsport head. Its one of 3 heads legal for Ford oro stock

590KA

kpascoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 1:49 pm

kpascoe wrote:Clint,

Kent

Yes sir that's it! I'm planning on gateway but with the altered. This will be an AED deal but probably not done til spring

590KA

kpascoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr December 9th 2020, 2:11 pm

Jim Cunningham (rip) won the lottery twice and loved Fords. He worked with Ford and had this stuff made. Larry Morgan had the fastest engines I know of but the Mustang body held back the performance. Larry put one in his ( then ) Camaro ( carburetted days) and ran under the Pro Stock record. When Jim died the parts and development was bought IIRC by Westbrook racing engines well known for building Super Stock hemis. Tremendous power potential.

gt350hr

kpascoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  kpascoe December 9th 2020, 2:58 pm

gt350hr wrote:   Jim Cunningham (rip) won the lottery twice and loved Fords. He worked with Ford and had this stuff made. Larry Morgan had the fastest engines I know of but the Mustang body held back the performance. Larry put one in his ( then ) Camaro ( carburetted days)  and ran under the Pro Stock record. When Jim died the parts and development was bought IIRC by Westbrook racing engines well known for building Super Stock hemis. Tremendous power potential.

He didn't buy "all" of the parts. I actually own Jim's old clutch resurfacing machine .

kpascoe

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT December 9th 2020, 4:22 pm

How many of those heads were cast and is there many of them still out there? They look like a damn good head.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 4:28 pm

68formalGT wrote:How many of those heads were cast and is there many of them still out there? They look like a damn good head.

Man Im really not sure. I have 8 raw castings and one more block left. Not much was made by what Ive found out.

590KA

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 4:31 pm

gt350hr wrote:   Jim Cunningham (rip) won the lottery twice and loved Fords. He worked with Ford and had this stuff made. Larry Morgan had the fastest engines I know of but the Mustang body held back the performance. Larry put one in his ( then ) Camaro ( carburetted days)  and ran under the Pro Stock record. When Jim died the parts and development was bought IIRC by Westbrook racing engines well known for building Super Stock hemis. Tremendous power potential.

Larry Definitely had the best Ford Hemi JC50s but too my knowledge Larry nor Cunningham ever built one of these the JC51. RIP Jim he was a wonderful man!

590KA

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT December 9th 2020, 4:38 pm

590KA wrote:
68formalGT wrote:How many of those heads were cast and is there many of them still out there? They look like a damn good head.

Man Im really not sure. I have 8 raw castings and one more block left. Not much was made by what Ive found out.

Is there a Ford wedge head out there that compares to it, port height, valve angles, etc?
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 4:52 pm

[quote="68formalGT"]
590KA wrote:

Is there a Ford wedge head out there that compares to it, port height, valve angles, etc?[/quote

You would have to compare it to the DRCE stuff but even then I think its even much better. Plus its More GM design cause number one bank is drivers side forward.

590KA

68formalGT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT December 9th 2020, 6:00 pm

590KA wrote:You would have to compare it to the DRCE stuff but even then I think its even much better. Plus its More GM design cause number one bank is drivers side forward.
[/quote]

Like the RCV head? Do you have to move the lifter bores too?
68formalGT
68formalGT

590KA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  590KA December 9th 2020, 6:03 pm

68formalGT wrote:
590KA wrote:You would have to compare it to the DRCE stuff but even then I think its even much better. Plus its More GM design cause number one bank is drivers side forward.

Like the RCV head? Do you have to move the lifter bores too?[/quote]

No the block is set although a decent amount of push rod clearance work needs done to the head

590KA

68formalGT and Calkins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Calkins October 13th 2022, 10:23 am

590KA wrote:Thought Id post some of these as Im probably the only one I know of that has done anything with this platform. Ive been running the cylinder head on a 250ci four cylinder in Comp eliminator and Im now building the first 500 that I know of and I have a lot of knowledge on this engine combo. Hopefully youll enjoy the pics. Comment away! Im new to posting here and dont have a clue if my pics will even post or not.

Ford JC51 Img_0110
Ford JC51 Img_0111

Clint, I sent you a message over on your LinkedIn account.  Who makes the billet Merc block that you are using in the altered?  Once I get a stock Merc block and Boss head combo nailed down in my FED, I would like to do injected Nitro with the billet block and head.
Calkins
Calkins

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 13th 2022, 10:30 am

Supposedly, they can still be bought from Ford. None are in stock but, special casting runs are made and the customer will pay the cost..

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

QtrWarrior and 68formalGT like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT October 13th 2022, 10:36 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

Supposedly, they can still be bought from Ford. None are in stock but, special casting runs are made and the customer will pay the cost..

With the RCV and the Pegasus Engineering heads out there I don't think the extra cost would be worth the money unless you needed pro stock legal heads or wanted it to be a "Ford" head.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 13th 2022, 5:59 pm

68formalGT wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

With the RCV and the Pegasus Engineering heads out there I don't think the extra cost would be worth the money unless you needed pro stock legal heads or wanted it to be a "Ford" head.

To run in the Comp Eliminator Econo class.... Heads and block HAVE TO HAVE a Ford part number..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

68formalGT likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norm October 13th 2022, 7:24 pm

68formalGT wrote:

These heads are available now? Not just a "talked about" but unavailable thing?
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT October 13th 2022, 10:31 pm

norm wrote:
68formalGT wrote:

These heads are available now? Not just a "talked about" but unavailable thing?

There were RCV's last year when one of the Nebraska racers built an engine for this year and there was a post on book face about a pallet of Assassin heads less then a month ago. Oh and the Visner billet X460 is a pretty awesome head too, Derik Timmer has set a record with his new engine with the X460's and billet block
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  norm October 14th 2022, 9:30 am

68formalGT wrote:

There were RCV's last year when one of the Nebraska racers built an engine for this year and there was a post on book face about a pallet of Assassin heads less then a month ago. Oh and the Visner billet X460 is a pretty awesome head too, Derik Timmer has set a record with his new engine with the X460's and billet block

I have seen the VED heads out there a bit. The other ones not so much.

And i'd rather manscape with a cheese grater than get on "bookface"
norm
norm

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT October 14th 2022, 9:36 am

norm wrote:
68formalGT wrote:

I have seen the VED heads out there a bit. The other ones not so much.

And i'd rather manscape with a cheese grater than get on "bookface"

LOL, I don't think many people that have them go out talking a lot about them. From what I've seen a lot of people order blocks without lifter bores for the RCV heads.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 14th 2022, 1:19 pm

Good going Clint. Cool

https://dragillustrated.com/neff-stuns-comp-eliminator-world-with-215-mph-production-gas-ford/

supervel45

QtrWarrior, Mark Miller and Calkins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  norm October 14th 2022, 1:58 pm

supervel45 wrote:Good going Clint. Cool

https://dragillustrated.com/neff-stuns-comp-eliminator-world-with-215-mph-production-gas-ford/

Awesome article, thank you for posting that.
norm
norm

stanger68 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next