BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eliminator ultra block prep

3 posters

Go down

Eliminator ultra block prep Empty Eliminator ultra block prep

Post  2 wicked January 16th 2021, 11:47 am

We have a new ultra block, besides deburring the block, checking oil galleys were drilled completely, beveling drain backs and all sharp edges, drilling oil pump port to 9/16", and a oil bleed on front cam journal for timing gear thrust plate lubrication. Is there any other mods that need to be addressed? I have seen some recommendations to bore the main oil galleys to 1/2" like the a460 blocks. Is this necessary? 4.5 stroke 7200/7400 rpm. Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Eliminator ultra block prep Empty Re: Eliminator ultra block prep

Post  BOSS 429 January 17th 2021, 4:16 am

2 wicked wrote:We have a new ultra block, besides deburring the block, checking oil galleys were drilled completely, beveling drain backs and all sharp edges, drilling oil pump port to 9/16", and a oil bleed on front cam journal for timing gear thrust plate lubrication. Is there any other mods that need to be addressed? I have seen some recommendations to bore the main oil galleys to 1/2" like the a460 blocks. Is this necessary? 4.5 stroke 7200/7400 rpm. Thanks cory

a lot of that is silly
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 17th 2021, 9:30 am

Why are you redrilling oil galleys?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked January 17th 2021, 10:25 am

Sorry for the mis understanding. I have read a few articles that recommend drilling priority main galley to 1/2" from 3/8" as far as checking a brand new block for proper machining, deburring casting flash, and beveling all sharp edges. The cam thrust plate piling mod is recommended by eliminator. When using roller cam bearing. At least in my paperwork. Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down