BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover

2 posters

Go down

PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover Empty PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover

Post  stevesgarage January 29th 2021, 10:54 pm

Been looking for the BBF 2-piece front cover made by PCE, sold by Speedmaster.  Part number PCE265.1060.  No one seems to have stock on it and I really like the look of it compared to the rough cast pieces that are available from multiple sources.  It uses the stock-type water pump, has the hole for the dipstick tube and would look great on my build (as well as facilitating cam access)!  The company is in Rialto, CA and Sydni, Australia.  Rialto has them on back order and ordering them through Ebay.au will more than double the price.  Anybody out there have one?
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover Empty Re: PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover

Post  Paul Kane January 30th 2021, 2:13 pm

Steve, are you sure that accepts an OEM style mechanical water pump? I could believe electric water pump in the stock location; be sure to check with the manufacturer first.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover Empty Re: PCE / Speedmaster 2-Piece Front Cover

Post  stevesgarage January 30th 2021, 3:11 pm

Paul Kane wrote:Steve, are you sure that accepts an OEM style mechanical water pump?  I could believe electric water pump in the stock location; be sure to check with the manufacturer first.

Hi Paul!  I did a 'chat' session with 'someone' on the Speedmaster website yesterday and they assured me that it took a stock/OEM water pump. (?)  I agree that the completely flat mounting surface does not look like it would take an OEM pump with backing plate, but that's what they said.  At this point, considering all the water pump problems I have had (see below story), I might just look into a 'streetable' electric pump.  Any suggestions?  

(Did I tell you about the source of the major coolant leak that prompted me to buy that block from you?  On the new block build-up, it was discovered that the water pump backing plate was never installed on the initial build!  Additionally, the dipstick tube hadn't been fully seated in the front cover allowing the coolant a direct path from the pump to the oil pan!  It gets better.  Months later after finally getting my 501 running on the run stand, the Ford Motorsport water pump (with new backing plate) was not circulating coolant at all!  Nothing worked until that was swapped out with a generic aluminum pump that worked fine.  Wow.  So much for depending on a 'professional', 'experienced' Ford engine builder.  The good news is that after 3 years and 3 months and seeing and hearing it run, I picked up my engine 3 days ago and that saga is over, I hope.)
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

Post  stevesgarage February 2nd 2021, 5:20 pm

Paul Kane wrote:Steve, are you sure that accepts an OEM style mechanical water pump?  I could believe electric water pump in the stock location; be sure to check with the manufacturer first.

Once again, you are correct, Paul.  The flat surface of that cover will not accept the stock pump with the bulge in the backing plate.  (Unless maybe if I cut a hole in that plate to accept it . . . ?   Not that it matters, because it's not available anyway.)
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down