BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need an intake recommendation

4 posters

Go down

Need an intake recommendation Empty Need an intake recommendation

Post  Axshun January 1st 2022, 9:50 pm

Hey all,
I've been sitting here for quite a few hours searching and searching, trying to figure out what intake I want to use on my 521, and I'm finally down to asking your opinion. I'm posting as much info that I can think of in hopes you guys can help.
I have a 521 with P51 heads, 10:1 compression. Camshaft numbers are: Duration @ 50, Intake 239 and Exhaust 254, Adv. duration is 294/319, valve lift with 1.73 ratio is 611/564, centerline is 103/113, and lobe separation is 108.
I want to run the Holey Sniper Xflow, and I thought I was set on the Edelbrock Victor intake, but now I'm trying to decide between it and the RPM air gap dual plane, because the rpm range of the dual plane looks more like where I'll be running it.
The engine is going into a 69' Cougar, with a Tremec 5 speed and probably 355ish gear. It's not going to be a race car., but like everyone else, I want it to GO when I want it to. I've been reading and searching so much, that I'm tired. I've read where a lot of people have used the dual plane with great success, and others say the single plane is better. I guess I have to consider hood clearance as well, although that's not a major concern, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If I had $$$ to toss away, I would just get both and try them to see what works better.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, opinions and experiences!

Axshun

Back to top Go down

Need an intake recommendation Empty Re: Need an intake recommendation

Post  rmcomprandy January 2nd 2022, 11:44 am

Axshun wrote:Hey all,
I've been sitting here for quite a few hours searching and searching, trying to figure out what intake I want to use on my 521, and I'm finally down to asking your opinion. I'm posting as much info that I can think of in hopes you guys can help.
I have a 521 with P51 heads, 10:1 compression. Camshaft numbers are: Duration @ 50, Intake 239 and Exhaust 254, Adv. duration is 294/319, valve lift with 1.73 ratio is 611/564, centerline is 103/113, and lobe separation is 108.
I want to run the Holey Sniper Xflow, and I thought I was set on the Edelbrock Victor intake, but now I'm trying to decide between it and the RPM air gap dual plane, because the rpm range of the dual plane looks more like where I'll be running it.
The engine is going into a 69' Cougar, with a Tremec 5 speed and probably 355ish gear. It's not going to be a race car., but like everyone else, I want it to GO when I want it to. I've been reading and searching so much, that I'm tired. I've read where a lot of people have used the dual plane with great success, and others say the single plane is better. I guess I have to consider hood clearance as well, although that's not a major concern, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. If I had $$$ to toss away, I would just get both and try them to see what works better.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, opinions and experiences!

Not a race car ... I would use a ported Torquer II.
Port match runners 1, 3, 6, 8.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

gt350hr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr January 4th 2022, 5:19 pm

Especially with fuel injection , single plane is the way to go.

gt350hr

hbstang likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Axshun January 8th 2022, 12:55 pm

Thanks guys!

Axshun

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 January 8th 2022, 10:14 pm

The weiand stealth is an awesome street intake. But they are pretty tall for a dual plane.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down