BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Streak Ignition Help

4 posters

Go down

Blue Streak Ignition Help Empty Blue Streak Ignition Help

Post  cobrajetken July 23rd 2022, 10:36 am

[url=https://servimg.com/view/20440381/5]Blue Streak Ignition Help Ebdad310Blue Streak Ignition Help Dc59e710[/url]
I could use a little help. I installed a Blue Streak electronic ignition set up on my 429 Ford Engine. I don’t have the instructions for it. Everything pretty plus together but there are two wires that need to be connected. A red wire and a white wire. Can someone tell how they get hooked up. I’m thinking red goes to ignition switch and white to ground?? That’s for any help.

cobrajetken

Back to top Go down

Blue Streak Ignition Help Empty Re: Blue Streak Ignition Help

Post  dfree383 July 24th 2022, 7:44 am

Did you check and see if it has the same wires as a factory duraspark box?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 24th 2022, 9:57 am

This is the way I have mine hooked up on my truck red and white wires and wire that goes to the positive side of coil hooks to the ignition wire here is a picture of how I have it hooked up on my 69 Blue Streak Ignition Help Img_2085
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 24th 2022, 11:02 am

With a normal Ford Duraspark box,
The red wire usually goes through the "run" part of the ignition switch to the coil Positive using whatever ballast resistor will give 1.7 to 1.9 ohms resistance when added to the primary side of the coil ohms.
The white wire normally goes to the "start" part of the ignition and by-passes the red wire resistor for start-up; sometimes with a certain amount of spark retard depending upon which Duraspark box is being used.

The green wire is usually coil negative.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 24th 2022, 12:05 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:With a normal Ford Duraspark box,
The red wire usually goes through the "run" part of the ignition switch to the coil Positive using whatever ballast resistor will give 1.7 to 1.9 ohms resistance when added to the primary side of the coil ohms.
The white wire normally goes to the "start" part of the ignition and by-passes the red wire resistor for start-up; sometimes with a certain amount of spark retard depending upon which Duraspark box is being used.

The green wire is usually coil negative.

I have had mine hooked up with the red and white tied together for 25 years that's how I was showed to hook it up. I might try and take the wire loose and see how it works I have had some timing issues at times. If the white does over ride the red for retard that might be my problem.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 3rd 2022, 7:16 pm

Unhooked the white wire it still fires right up reset the timing and it made a difference in throttle response. It pulls hard with out the white wire hooked all the time. I hooked the white wire to the starter wire so the only time it has power is when I hit the starter. Thanks Randy for the info.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down