BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropped Off the Block, Let's Finalized the Combo

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dropped Off the Block, Let's Finalized the Combo - Page 2 Empty Re: Dropped Off the Block, Let's Finalized the Combo

Post  rmcomprandy October 10th 2022, 10:21 pm

JBtothez wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I just noticed ... personally, I would not use that water pump unless it is a race cor because it doesn't pump well at slow speeds but, great at high pump RPM.

Look into a FlowKooler pump; although they are iron.

According to the Edelbrock website, these aren’t race pumps.  They are designed for street rods, which spend a lot of time at low rpm.

You can do whatever you wish.
Edelbrock is in the business of selling pumps and other things. I am just telling you what actually happens from experience of using several of both.

It is your parade, sorry to interfere.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Dropped Off the Block, Let's Finalized the Combo - Page 2 Empty Re: Dropped Off the Block, Let's Finalized the Combo

Post  supervel45 October 11th 2022, 2:26 am

JBtothez wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:I just noticed ... personally, I would not use that water pump unless it is a race cor because it doesn't pump well at slow speeds but, great at high pump RPM.

According to the Edelbrock website, these aren’t race pumps.  They are designed for street rods, which spend a lot of time at low rpm.

I was trying to save you some money with the Napa, Gates water pump suggestion. They get the job done. Randy is trying to save you some potential grief with that Edelbrock pump. The stock pumps flow more at normal operating RPM's and idle then the Edelbrock. If he says that FlowKooler pump is tops I would bank on it.

The aluminum version of the stock pump was the Weiand 8211. Looks like it is no longer available.
Here is one to check out the impeller. Looks like the guy buys out auto parts stores, and it probably is new judging by the gasket surface.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165239254121

supervel45

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  JBtothez October 17th 2022, 2:54 pm

supervel45 wrote:What? The 3/8" are 5/16" on the ends. The link was for a pushrod checking tool, so you order the correct length  pushrods. You could likely sleeve the checker for the larger guide plate and get your lengths. The roller stuff adds up quick. For my lowish rpm deal I just opted for the roller tips.

If you are going to run your Performer for now you might try a 2" spacer to give it some more plenum volume for all the cubes.

Sorry, I might have confused the issue about the pushrods. I have a measuring pushrod to check them. With the head guide plates set up for the 3/8ths pushrods and the roller rockers requiring a 5/16ths ball end, I’ll have to do some searching for those. I need to double check the rockers. Nothing in the literature mentions what diameter pushrod is required.

JBtothez

Back to top Go down

Post  JBtothez October 17th 2022, 9:32 pm

supervel45 wrote:
JBtothez wrote:

I was trying to save you some money with the Napa, Gates water pump suggestion. They get the job done. Randy is trying to save you some potential grief with that Edelbrock pump. The stock pumps flow more at normal operating RPM's and idle then the Edelbrock. If he says that FlowKooler pump is tops I would bank on it.

The aluminum version of the stock pump was the Weiand 8211. Looks like it is no longer available.
Here is one to check out the impeller. Looks like the guy buys out auto parts stores, and it probably is new judging by the gasket surface.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165239254121

It had already been purchased, or I would have certainly taken your advice. Please don’t take it as an insult. I’m coating it to match the engine. They will rebuild your water pump later on if needed, so I thought that was the best course at the time. IF I have cooling issues later on, I’ll look there first and switch to the pump you recommended.

JBtothez

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2