BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ?

4 posters

Go down

How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ? Empty How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ?

Post  lathechips September 27th 2022, 9:56 pm

Looking for ideas how to remove exhaust manifold bolts? Yes I can go down the line & OH SHIT! - I'm trying to not happen. I don't want to pull the head or inner fenders ect. Trying not to screw my self - I need your ideas.

lathechips

Back to top Go down

How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ? Empty Re: How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ?

Post  dfree383 September 27th 2022, 10:44 pm

Depends on if you can get to the or not.

If they are inaccessible your bet to just pull the heads and save yourself a bunch of frustration and hard work
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ? Empty Re: How To Remove Exhaust Manifold Bolts ?

Post  69F100 September 28th 2022, 3:28 pm

I have used a propane torch to heat the manifold up around the bolts and work them loose sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisH September 28th 2022, 10:49 pm

this is video is for a 7.3 but the principle is the same. this is what i have used as my methods

patience and heat+croil (or some equivalent) typically works, but if you can take heads off(knowing you don't want to go that route) you may be time ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PKNCVXvZ6w

ChrisH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down