BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engine identification help please

3 posters

Go down

Engine identification help please  Empty Engine identification help please

Post  ctdck October 24th 2022, 8:24 pm

Been awhile since I've posted here, but needing some help. Don't know what the motor is out of but as of right now it's in a 64 galaxies fast back. Here's some numbers off the block on the driver's side on the back of the block just below where the head bolts down the numbers are 1Y840452. On the front of the block passenger side front just below where head bolts down 1A21Z and by the starter is D1VE-6015-AA. The guy told me it was a 4 bolt main block but I am unsure haven't had oil pan off, any help would be appreciated.

ctdck

Back to top Go down

Engine identification help please  Empty Re: Engine identification help please

Post  Mark Miller October 24th 2022, 10:37 pm

ctdck wrote:Been awhile since I've posted here, but needing some help. Don't know what the motor is out of but as of right now it's in a 64 galaxies fast back. Here's some numbers off the block on the driver's side on the back of the block just below where the head bolts down the numbers are 1Y840452. On the front of the block passenger side front just below where head bolts down 1A21Z and by the starter is D1VE-6015-AA. The guy told me it was a 4 bolt main block but I am unsure haven't had oil pan off, any help would be appreciated.

I highly doubt that it's a 4 bolt block unless someone converted it over to 4 bolt mains!!IIRC the D1VE-6015-AA the V after D1 designates Lincoln!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 1st 2022, 1:20 am

The other numbers/letters may indicate Lincoln but pull the pan or look with a scope anyway.

Maybe this ones fake, better safe then sorry.

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/D1VE3.jpg

supervel45

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum