BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive?

+2
BOSS 429
cool40
6 posters

Go down

TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Empty TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive?

Post  AndyF January 30th 2024, 8:13 pm

I'm in the process of building a 521 with SR71 heads. Engine has a Danny Bee belt drive so factory TDC pointer doesn't work. I asked Kaase about a pointer and they told they just bend up something when they need one. Danny Bee didn't show anything on his website so I decided to build my own. Figured it would be easier on the driver side of the engine so I had ATI move the TDC point 90 degrees. ATI also flipped the numbers so they read on the driver side. With TDC over on the driver side it was fairly easy to fab a pointer. The water pump inlet blocks the view a little bit but I don't think it will be an issue.TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Dsc_5010

AndyF

Back to top Go down

TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Empty Re: TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive?

Post  cool40 January 30th 2024, 11:53 pm

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com/timing-pointers.html
Keith is a good guy to deal with! I have one of his on mine.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Empty Re: TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive?

Post  AndyF January 31st 2024, 12:48 am

I looked at his website but I couldn't figure out what he was selling because the pictures were confusing. The picture of the TDC pointer just shows a small pointer but the picture of it installed shows some sort of brace or shield. Some wider shots of his products would help show off the product.

AndyF

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 31st 2024, 12:50 am

AndyF wrote:I'm in the process of building a 521 with SR71 heads. Engine has a Danny Bee belt drive so factory TDC pointer doesn't work. I asked Kaase about a pointer and they told they just bend up something when they need one. Danny Bee didn't show anything on his website so I decided to build my own. Figured it would be easier on the driver side of the engine so I had ATI move the TDC point 90 degrees. ATI also flipped the numbers so they read on the driver side. With TDC over on the driver side it was fairly easy to fab a pointer. The water pump inlet blocks the view a little bit but I don't think it will be an issue.TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Dsc_5010

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 31st 2024, 10:54 am

AndyF wrote:I'm in the process of building a 521 with SR71 heads. Engine has a Danny Bee belt drive so factory TDC pointer doesn't work. I asked Kaase about a pointer and they told they just bend up something when they need one. Danny Bee didn't show anything on his website so I decided to build my own. Figured it would be easier on the driver side of the engine so I had ATI move the TDC point 90 degrees. ATI also flipped the numbers so they read on the driver side. With TDC over on the driver side it was fairly easy to fab a pointer. The water pump inlet blocks the view a little bit but I don't think it will be an issue.TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Dsc_5010

When you reposition the TDC timing mark on the damper 90 degrees ... nobody's "out of the box" pointer will fit.

An issue usually arises with reading the timing after the water pump is installed because most big block Ford water pumps have the water inlet, (and the lower radiator hose), on the driver's side.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 31st 2024, 11:54 am

Keith Fulp makes a nice pointer out of SS for the Danny Bee.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyF January 31st 2024, 5:14 pm

I can see the pointer okay when the water pump is installed. Engine is close to being finished. Should have it on the dyno within a few weeks.
TDC pointer with Danny Bee belt drive? Img_2411

AndyF

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger January 31st 2024, 5:23 pm

Is this the AndyF of https://arengineering.com ?

BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyF January 31st 2024, 6:16 pm

Yep. Mopar guy building my first 460 engine.

AndyF

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger January 31st 2024, 6:40 pm

AndyF wrote:Yep. Mopar guy building my first 460 engine.

I was a Moparts regular for many many years (mid 90's to 2015 or so) so I thought that must be you.  

Good luck with the build.  Looking forward to hearing how it runs.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down