BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got it fired up !

+2
curiousgeorge
BigBlockRanger
6 posters

Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Got it fired up !

Post  5pointslow April 3rd 2024, 10:02 am

https://youtu.be/iJOWPPx-7NM?si=I-PqJttfERIyIMFP

Got it fired up and sounds healthy
5pointslow
5pointslow

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 35
Location : MASSHOLE aka BOSTONIAN

BigBlockRanger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  BigBlockRanger April 3rd 2024, 3:16 pm

Heck yeah.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 53
Location : Amarillo

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  curiousgeorge April 3rd 2024, 8:17 pm

Sounds good!

curiousgeorge

Posts : 162
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  lance flake April 3rd 2024, 9:21 pm

Keep us posted on the progress

lance flake

Posts : 140
Join date : 2009-12-28
Location : union ms

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  Mark Miller April 3rd 2024, 11:07 pm

5pointslow wrote:https://youtu.be/iJOWPPx-7NM?si=I-PqJttfERIyIMFP

Got it fired up and sounds healthy

Sounds good i forgot about you running the fender exit exhaust until i seen the end of the Video!!

Mark Miller

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  5pointslow April 4th 2024, 8:06 am

Mark Miller wrote:
5pointslow wrote:https://youtu.be/iJOWPPx-7NM?si=I-PqJttfERIyIMFP

Got it fired up and sounds healthy

Sounds good i forgot about you running the fender exit exhaust until i seen the end of the Video!!

Yes for sure so far i like the idea of front exits vs my old hooker super comps that the collector was very low . So far i notice its actually quieter in car but outside its obviously louder .
I'm sure i maybe lose a little bit of power or tq vs long tubes but im sure it will all work out
5pointslow
5pointslow

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 35
Location : MASSHOLE aka BOSTONIAN

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  5pointslow April 4th 2024, 8:08 am

lance flake wrote:Keep us posted on the progress

I will for sure and i will make a new thread in build section with more detail of the car and engine combo . I'm expecting 9.20-9.40 range in good air based on old motor made 652 and this one made 763 . it went 9.70s before at 135 was best mph
5pointslow
5pointslow

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 35
Location : MASSHOLE aka BOSTONIAN

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  supervel45 April 4th 2024, 8:46 pm

Sounding Good. Cool

Glad you got it going. Looking forward to the track testing.

I played with the numbers from your old 472 and the new 510.

472/650HP = 1.38 HP/CID

510/760HP= 1.49 HP/CID

If you use the 1.49 HP/CID on a 472 build with the added compression and camshaft, the math comes out to 703HP.

At a 38 CID increase, assuming 1.49HP per cube, it comes to 56.6 HP for the increase in stroke.

It may not translate in the real world but, the 110HP increase is almost equally spit between the cubic inch and compression/camshaft increase.

PS: Blame G-Code for the babel, as his 1.41 HP/CID comment in your other thread peaked my curiosity. study


supervel45

Posts : 4453
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  Mark Miller April 4th 2024, 11:09 pm

5pointslow wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
5pointslow wrote:https://youtu.be/iJOWPPx-7NM?si=I-PqJttfERIyIMFP

Got it fired up and sounds healthy

Sounds good i forgot about you running the fender exit exhaust until i seen the end of the Video!!

Yes for sure so far i like the idea of front exits vs my old hooker super comps that the collector was very low . So far i notice its actually quieter in car but outside its obviously louder .
I'm sure i maybe lose a little bit of power or tq vs long tubes but im sure it will all work out

I have the MAC Headers on my 89 Mustang with a 466 BBF in it,i like them because the Collector is up high and i've never scraped them on anything!!The crappy part is MAC quit making them not even sure MAC is still in business!!

Mark Miller

Posts : 1888
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Got it fired up ! Empty Re: Got it fired up !

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum