BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bench Racing: Highest horsepower N/A 10.3" deck engine combo's

+17
jsracing
Diggindeeper
Barney
SQ34
BOSS 429
'65 T-BOLT
mikep
c.evans
res0rli9
WILLIE OMPS
Tony M
adrenaline269
Nevs
schmitty
FORDMUD
dfree383
fox331
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bench Racing:  Highest horsepower N/A 10.3" deck engine combo's - Page 3 Empty Re: Bench Racing: Highest horsepower N/A 10.3" deck engine combo's

Post  Diggindeeper February 10th 2010, 12:40 am

Not in my world my friend. Its in feet and inches

and the question was how much HP could be made NA. not how fast it'd go.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Bench Racing:  Highest horsepower N/A 10.3" deck engine combo's - Page 3 Empty Re: Bench Racing: Highest horsepower N/A 10.3" deck engine combo's

Post  jsracing February 10th 2010, 12:54 am

and i respect that world. I am in awe of your type of racing that is for sure.

BUT I still have a need for speed.

I say they should line em up at the track lol

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 10th 2010, 1:01 am

OR put em in Tbuckets and throw some cepeks on the back Very Happy

EXCEPT its still in the debate phase how big they can actually go.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 10th 2010, 7:00 am

they should just kiss and make up! We are all suppose to be friends here!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 7:57 am

CID = HP / TQ .................. Laughing Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH February 10th 2010, 8:11 am

Diggindeeper wrote:Not in my world my friend. Its in feet and inches

how fast and how much HP are the same , when you come right down to it. hp is time

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 10th 2010, 9:19 am

DanH wrote:

how fast and how much HP are the same , when you come right down to it. hp is time

Actually hp is mph and torque is ET. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 10th 2010, 9:30 am

Looks like we might have another A+ know-it-all racer other than myself on here, we got the room............... Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 9:42 am

schmitty wrote:
DanH wrote:

Actually hp is mph and torque is ET. Cool

HP is Torque and Torque is HP, they are strongly related........ Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 10:12 am

There is actually more to it than dyno #s, things like acceleration rate, piston speed, pin placement, and piston stability and rock. Cubic inch doesnt always equate to more HP, if that were the case it would be impossible for a 302 ford to outperform any 350 chevy. No one is saying it cant be done, however in my eyes its not worth the problems it can cause, or work involved, and you dont need a physics degree to figure that out. It makes for a interesting conversation and dyno mule. The real world is entirely different. Thats my opinion, could it be wrong, absolutely.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 11:01 am

Diggindeeper wrote:The 2 amigos at it again.
Please if you guys could learn that there is stuff that happens away from the track
this is about "highest horsepower" and what "could" be done in a 10.3, not whether its financially responsible or whether you ET would increase.
In a max effort engine, the stuff that happens away from the track is irrelevant unless its to be faster at the track.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 10th 2010, 11:56 am

P-51's with fayuule injection rule Razz Razz Razz
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 10th 2010, 1:43 pm

Can none of you keep a simple thread on topic? If we want to disagree atleast do it in a civil manner, no need in anyone getting their feelings hurt or name calling. (makes it sound like a high school forum) Every engine builder I have talked to has different ideas about what works and what doesn't. Someone just wanted to know what the highest hp NA 10.30 engine would be?

We are adults, lets act like some.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 10th 2010, 1:45 pm

Barney wrote:
Diggindeeper wrote:The 2 amigos at it again.
Please if you guys could learn that there is stuff that happens away from the track
this is about "highest horsepower" and what "could" be done in a 10.3, not whether its financially responsible or whether you ET would increase.
In a max effort engine, the stuff that happens away from the track is irrelevant unless its to be faster at the track.

Not the topic. The topic is Highest HP 10.300 deck height engine.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 4:17 pm

jones wrote:Can none of you keep a simple thread on topic? If we want to disagree atleast do it in a civil manner, no need in anyone getting their feelings hurt or name calling. (makes it sound like a high school forum) Every engine builder I have talked to has different ideas about what works and what doesn't. Someone just wanted to know what the highest hp NA 10.30 engine would be?

We are adults, lets act like some.
Did someone call the WHAAAAAmbulance. I dont think anyones feelings are hurt, and for the mostpart the comments have been on topic. I guess some could post up 1387 HP, but without the facts behind it what good would that be. Come to think of it even the disagreements in this thread had information in them and werent off base.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 10th 2010, 4:22 pm

Excuse me? No one called nobody, I read the entire thread and came to my own conclusion. It's not up for debate.

If you want to talk about the best combo for specific applications start another thread. He only asked a simple question.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 10th 2010, 4:38 pm

If I am not mistaken Vandy has built some nitro 10.3 deck height engines in the past. I don't know if they was NA or not but it would be nice to hear how much power he has squeezed out of one.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 4:39 pm

jones wrote:If I am not mistaken Vandy has built some nitro 10.3 deck height engines in the past. I don't know if they was NA or not but it would be nice to hear how much power he has squeezed out of one.

X2 but those where Blown right?????
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 10th 2010, 5:18 pm

I would think so but I wasn't for sure. Didn't he build some for land speed racing also, I thought there might had been a guy that was running the nitro class. Can't remember if it was blown or not. I know there has been some freaky stuff built over the years.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 5:42 pm

Warren Johnson" We dont race dynos"
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 5:43 pm

Barney wrote:Warren Johnson" We dont race dynos"

Knock it off, "If your not going to contribute to the subject..... Go away...." a Quote from Jones.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 5:53 pm

dfree383 wrote:

Knock it off, "If your not going to contribute to the subject..... Go away...." a Quote from Jones.
What have you contributed exactly??? 90% of the posts in every thread dont contribute on this board, he can ban me if he cant see that. Im sure there are people on this board that bow down to your quick wit, and seemeingless endless amount of impractical knowledge, Im not one of them, and I dont take orders. None of my posts were threatening, off topic, or vulgar, yours on the other hand are sarcastic, insulting, and vulgar. So whos the douche here?
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 5:55 pm

Barney wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

What have you contributed exactly??? 90% of the posts in every thread dont contribute on this board, he can ban me if he cant see that. Im sure there are people on this board that bow down to your quick wit, and seemeingless endless amount of impractical knowledge, Im not one of them, and I dont take orders. None of my posts were threatening, off topic, or vulgar, yours on the other hand are sarcastic, insulting, and vulgar. So whos the douche here?

Exactly why are you looking for trouble?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 10th 2010, 5:57 pm

dfree383 wrote:
Barney wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

What are you talking about? You got some trouble for me?
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 10th 2010, 6:00 pm

Barney wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Barney wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

What are you talking about? You got some trouble for me?

1) You keeping up the BS. 2) Let me know how much you need...............and what kind you want......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next