BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help---Crower Lifter Question?????????

5 posters

Go down

Help---Crower Lifter Question????????? Empty Help---Crower Lifter Question?????????

Post  BIGDOG466 March 28th 2010, 9:56 am

Guy's I got a buddy that was at the strip yesterday that noticed his oil pressure
dropped from 40 to 20 at the end of a run. He found the lifter bars are all facing the head.
The question is the lifter oiling holes are drilled completly thru and are parallel to the bars WTF.
I looked at a old set of mine ahd there is one hole 90 degrees to the bar and not all the way
thru. Is this a new way crower is making it's lifters so they can be ran with the bars either direction? scratch scratch Question
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Help---Crower Lifter Question????????? Empty Re: Help---Crower Lifter Question?????????

Post  the Coug March 28th 2010, 10:28 am

I have Crowers in mine now but they are older lifters and they have the holes drilled 90* off the axle or under the link bar.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Help---Crower Lifter Question????????? Empty Re: Help---Crower Lifter Question?????????

Post  BIGDOG466 March 28th 2010, 10:46 am

I seen on the other fourm that crower started doing this. Do they still need to be installed with the bars toward the valley?
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH March 28th 2010, 10:57 am

makes no difference with holes parallel to link. push rods not hitting links , no diff.

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug March 28th 2010, 11:20 am

seems to me that you would have to run restricted push rods to control the oil flow to the top of the engine.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick March 28th 2010, 11:58 am

Jon Kaase just spoke of this on this years DVD that Damon just sent out. He said that it looks like you could have the bars torwards the block on the Crowers, but he said he has not tried it yet.

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 March 28th 2010, 12:13 pm

That is correct, all the ones I have used the bar goes toward the valley, Coug, I think he is getting too much oil to the top, allot of oil vapor coming from V/C breathers. If the oil holes are in the center of the lifter and not off-set I could see direction wouldn't matter, but if they dropped into the oil galley when on the base circle would they lose upper oiling or get too much? Seems that the least path of resistance is to go thru the hole and not up the push rod but under pressure it could feed too much I guess.
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 28th 2010, 4:12 pm

What pan and is there a windage tray? It could be an oil starvation problem from improper pan or windage. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 March 28th 2010, 4:58 pm

I'm not sure I do know it's a rear sump, I think he is going to drop the pan and look at the pump and screen. Oil filter was cut open showed no bearing material. I doubt if it has a tray in it.
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down