BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

+10
DJOHAGIN
Mark Laczo
richter69
jones
BigBlockRanger
bruno
dfree383
ThndrChkn
Maddmattmustangs
The Mad Porter
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 7th 2010, 11:03 am

meteor545 wrote:actually matt i think this has surprisingly little to do with cylinder heads. its a pissing match between two people who hate each other in the real world. there wouldnt be near as much negativity directed at these cylinder heads by a certain member if they had been brought to market by someone else.

Ah. good old high school pissing matches Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl

Post  DanH April 7th 2010, 2:07 pm

why D3 copy ? I would think new iron SCJ copy is more in need . Jack R had new BBF heads with smooth ends . whats the chance they can produce a oem SCJ in iron ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 7th 2010, 2:32 pm

DanH wrote:why D3 copy ? I would think new iron SCJ copy is more in need . Jack R had new BBF heads with smooth ends . whats the chance they can produce a oem SCJ in iron ?

These castings were conceived by the designer to cope with the issues faced with D3 headed air compressors. Namely seat recession, cracking and exhaust manifold flange issues. The castings perform flawlessly in the application for which they were originally intended. There is a surplus now and I feel they have a place in the BBF performance market for:

Trucks
Motorhomes
Propane conversions.
Class restricted racers who must use an iron cylinder head.
Street terrors where the owners prefer for whatever reason to utilise iron rather than aluminum.

I have alluded to this in several posts. If i were to start with a clean sheet the large chamber passenger car cylinder head may not have been first choice. however based on the flow potential of the revised exhaust port and an already good intake port these castings when prepared properly will support some serious HP.

They were not ever nor am i saying that they are supposed to compete with CJ port castings. As is also stated earlier in the thread the majority of iron heads i sell are for the under or around 500 HP crowd. That is a pretty large market and i feel these castings fit...

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 April 7th 2010, 4:17 pm

Just my opinion but any class restricted racer is not going to buy a d3 style casting because if your in this type of class you will be fighting a losing battle with these castings.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  plovett April 7th 2010, 8:20 pm

dfree383 wrote:Scott, one more Question, if you don't mind....... What state are these new heads cast in? Or country?

Sounds like a fair question to me. Where are they cast? I would want to know before I put down my hard-earned American dollars.

JMO,

paulie

plovett

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 7th 2010, 9:51 pm

plovett wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Scott, one more Question, if you don't mind....... What state are these new heads cast in? Or country?

Sounds like a fair question to me. Where are they cast? I would want to know before I put down my hard-earned American dollars.

JMO,

paulie

As i stated in the first post of this thread. Designed in the US, cast in china, final machined back here. Just as a scat stroker crank, rods etc or done...
As you can see from the pics, the casting quality and detail are quite nice. Look at the pic of the as cast chamber. Not like a procomp eh?

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 7th 2010, 11:07 pm

Im one of those crazy steet stormer guys.
I seriously think tooling them to look exactly like stock heads and running them would be an incredible way to make some chebby guys mad Laughing

gosh im evil Twisted Evil
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 9th 2010, 11:13 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Im one of those crazy steet stormer guys.
I seriously think tooling them to look exactly like stock heads and running them would be an incredible way to make some chebby guys mad Laughing

Most chevy boys cant tell the difference between a 351 c and a 460 let alone the difference albeit small between oem D3's and there castings...

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn April 10th 2010, 8:33 am

The Mad Porter wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:Im one of those crazy steet stormer guys.

Most chevy boys cant tell the difference between a 351 c and a 460 let alone the difference albeit small between oem D3's and there castings...

Very Happy
Agreed Scotty. I have a handful of guys here that are very interested in the castings. I hope they call ya up. Cool Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter April 10th 2010, 6:31 pm

Getting some good feedback and interest yes.

One specific client wants to utilise them with a blow through super charger. I think that would be a really good baptism by fire eh???

Cool
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 10th 2010, 7:15 pm

The Mad Porter wrote:Getting some good feedback and interest yes.

One specific client wants to utilise them with a blow through super charger. I think that would be a really good baptism by fire eh???

Cool

You bet that is!

wonder if you could get 600 hp on a 429 thats been bored out with these things. stock stroke Cool
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn April 10th 2010, 9:36 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:

You bet that is!

wonder if you could get 600 hp on a 429 thats been bored out with these things. stock stroke Cool

Why not? They should work good on something like that.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 10th 2010, 9:46 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:

You bet that is!

Why not? They should work good on something like that.

Doug... Cool

Im going to suggest it to one of my buddies hes trying to squeeze some power out of his rebuilt 429. could be fun
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty TTT

Post  The Mad Porter June 21st 2010, 6:21 pm

Bump...

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty TTT

Post  The Mad Porter July 4th 2010, 3:08 pm

Bump

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty Recent flow numbers on a stage 2 pair just shipped and pics too.

Post  The Mad Porter September 19th 2010, 3:35 pm

Recent pair of stage 2 castings sent out.
Singh grooves are additional and utilised when DCR is on the edge.

S/S 2.08" / 1.65" valves with 30* back cut
Pocket port work only

Flow rates at 28" water are

.200" 114 / 160
.300" 157 . 223
.400" 180 / 268
.500" 194 / 296
.600" 203 / 310
.700" 207 / 320

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Dsc01518

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Dsc01519

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Dsc01520

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Dsc01522
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter October 22nd 2010, 1:13 pm

TTT

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Brand new iron D3 style replacement castings with modern exhaust port. RHP has them exclusively. Review by Cars By Carl - Page 2 Empty Review by Carl at Cars by Carl. Thank you Carl.

Post  The Mad Porter November 4th 2010, 3:21 pm

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149585

Very Happy
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum