BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belt Driven Oil Pump (Non dry sump)

+10
BOSS 429
kim
Bsherry
jasonf
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
dfree383
richter69
racnrick
windsor
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 Empty Re: Belt Driven Oil Pump (Non dry sump)

Post  windsor August 26th 2009, 4:46 pm

Great pics and intel, gents. I really like the idea of getting the pump out of the pan...I also like the 'symmetry' it would add to the engine with only running an alternator.

I'll be running a Mustang II style front end in my 65 Falcon. I know this is generally rear sump. Would a custom oil pan be able to be made that is much shallower in the front area where the oil pump would originally have gone to allow the motor to be set lower?
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 Empty Re: Belt Driven Oil Pump (Non dry sump)

Post  dfree383 August 26th 2009, 5:02 pm

From the must II stuff I've seen the location of the Rack is usually behind the location of the pump area of the pan. Not sure you gain anything, unless you going to do a way set back installation?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor August 26th 2009, 6:02 pm

hmmm...I can't seem to find any pics at the moment of a MII in a Falcon...but this is another pic of a K-member in a 65 Falcon with a small block motor...crossmember would be in about the same place.Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 P5290211
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 8th 2009, 9:15 pm

Bump

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon September 9th 2009, 8:23 am

Lem Evans wrote:Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 BZ588001Small
Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 BZ588002Small

Pan converted for an external pump .

Man thats a nice converted job there Lem. wink, my smilleys are disable for some reason. Bobby Z
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 9th 2009, 10:57 pm

windsor wrote:hmmm...I can't seem to find any pics at the moment of a MII in a Falcon...but this is another pic of a K-member in a 65 Falcon with a small block motor...crossmember would be in about the same place.Belt Driven Oil Pump  (Non dry sump) - Page 2 P5290211

hey windsor, do you have anymore info on this falcon?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor September 10th 2009, 10:12 am

Hey Jason... a guy from yellowbullet sent me that when I was asking about Kmembers for classic mustangs/falcons. He built it himself and says he can make more. That's a small block motor but don't have any other info on it.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf September 10th 2009, 1:15 pm

I like all his bracing underneath to add strength. It is similar to what I have done but looks nicer. Very Happy
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2