BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good places to eat in/around Owensboro...

+10
dfree383
bruno
c.evans
jbozzelle
maverick
the Coug
61coon
bbf-falcon
Curt
Treeyasoon
14 posters

Go down

Good places to eat in/around Owensboro... Empty Good places to eat in/around Owensboro...

Post  Treeyasoon May 12th 2010, 9:47 pm

I always like to check out the local cuisine...any places that are a "gotta have?"
I'm kind of a pizza connoisseur...any good ones? Very Happy
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Good places to eat in/around Owensboro... Empty Re: Good places to eat in/around Owensboro...

Post  Curt May 12th 2010, 9:53 pm

You could throw some Moonlight BBQ on a piece of bread and call it pizza! Smile
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Good places to eat in/around Owensboro... Empty Re: Good places to eat in/around Owensboro...

Post  bbf-falcon May 12th 2010, 10:16 pm

The Best eaten around Owensboro will be in the Pits at a little place called Windy Hollow. guaroneTEED Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon May 12th 2010, 10:25 pm

10-4 on what Rick said!!! You won't any better food the whole weekend.Man i'm getting fired up!!Can't wait.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 12th 2010, 10:35 pm

I don't know I had some pretty good eatin at the Y....... Razz taste good less filling....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 12th 2010, 10:40 pm

You mean the YMCA ?? Shocked
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 12th 2010, 11:02 pm

you like boiled crawfish? ther emight be some floating around the pits...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 13th 2010, 1:14 am

Thursday night around 7:30 - 8:00 we'll eat steaks at the Texas Roadhouse. Friday night plan on eating at the track, bring your own grill and etc., but also the Bozelle family has always shared generously with a big crawfish boil, new potatos, corn on the cob and etc..

At some other time if you get a chance, then like Curt said, eat at the Moon-Lite Bar-B-Q Inn on Parish Ave., that's the home of some of the best mutton in the USA. They're famous like Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, MO.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon May 13th 2010, 12:50 pm

Sounds good....I might try to slip by there on the way home Sunday and grab some BBQ for the road....if I'm not too hungover to eat that is. Laughing
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 13th 2010, 2:16 pm

moon-light bbq scratch ... is that the place we ate at Dan ???? i will show yall some bbq pig

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 13th 2010, 4:44 pm

Just follow Charlie.......... He Likes to Eat Good !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 13th 2010, 10:44 pm

Charlie,
What is the name of that Pizza Bar on 54 near the by-pass ... Is it Rock-A-Bar or something...?
I know how to get there but, I don't for sure know the name.
He said he really likes trying Pizza and they definately have a few good ones.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 13th 2010, 11:46 pm

Randy,

It's Malhoney's Roccabar. Very good pizza Exclamation

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 13th 2010, 11:49 pm

Charlie, What was the name of that little place where You,me Terry,Lem and Dan ate lunch when we brought Terry's engine down? That was a neet little joint Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 14th 2010, 12:07 am

I don't remember. You're going to have to describe it. It may have been Old South Bar-B-Q,,,,or it may have been the RoccaBar, or ????

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 14th 2010, 6:01 am

Gharlie the Old South has some good eats.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 14th 2010, 10:18 am

I wish I remembered the names of these places but, judging by it's proximity to the machine shop/dyno I would say Rick is talking about that sports/deli/restaurant in the strip mall.
Old South isn't little.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 14th 2010, 10:29 am

all i know is that Lem took me to a "Deli" spot by his dealership and i had a great sandwich !!! and some awesome sweeeet tea Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 14th 2010, 10:44 am

rmcomprandy wrote:I wish I remembered the names of these places but, judging by it's proximity to the machine shop/dyno I would say Rick is talking about that sports/deli/restaurant in the strip mall.
Old South isn't little.

That sounds like it Randy Smile Poor ole Uncle Charlie,of all the things he's lost,he misses his memory the most Laughing Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 14th 2010, 12:10 pm

You can get a "steak" pizza at Texas Roadhouse Thursday evening What a Face

bruno wrote:all i know is that Lem took me to a "Deli" spot by his dealership and i had a great sandwich !!! and some awesome sweeeet tea Very Happy

Same here, at the 08 Bash... Good eatin' We'll have to hit that spot again Thursday for lunch while Aggravating Lem at his dealership Twisted Evil
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon May 14th 2010, 12:21 pm

I really don't know who I'm kidding....when the racing is over...I'll probably be on a liquid diet anyway.... drunken Very Happy
But, I am gonna' try to check out a few of these places.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice May 14th 2010, 8:02 pm

Phillip, Charlie and myself ate breakfast at a little diner that had a lot of neat civil war relics hanging everywhere. Same road/route as the machine shop of Mike Phillips ........ breakfast was good but can't remeber the name.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 May 14th 2010, 9:06 pm

Y'all need to hit the World Famous Windy Hollow restaurant for Brunch buffet on Sunday morning. Get loaded up on some fried donuts. Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Owensboro-KY/Windy-Hollow-Restaurant/45498059397#!

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down