BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday nite at the races.

+3
nuclearcobra
billandlori
514Fox87
7 posters

Go down

Friday nite at the races. Empty Friday nite at the races.

Post  514Fox87 July 3rd 2010, 3:17 pm

This our clubs third race of the season and after completely re-doing the fuel system, from putting in a fuel pump relay, to re routing the return line, uping the main line fuel pressure I was excited! Went out for my first time run and the car spit and sputtered to a tune of 1.96 60'. Talk about a swing of emotion! From excited to pissed in 2 seconds flat.
In the pits I found that the floats were off which I had set them at home and they were perfect or I thought they were. Decided to swap out carbs. and put a 1030 AED carb. on borrowed from a friend of nuclearcobra (Bryan). Second run car ran good with a 10.21. Weather was nice but the humidity was up. First round of elim. peddled to 10.23 with the win light. Made it through second and third round and started round robin. I had run a 10.18 on a 10.21 dial in the previous round but my opp. had a .004 red so I ran it out. Dialed a 10.17 for round 4 and off we went. Thought I was a little late on the light but knew it was close. Vega pulled out 2 lengths by the 330 mark but then the big block came to life. Ran him down but he got the win light by .0004 but I ran out with a 10.13. Bryan was at the starting line when my time came up and my son said he wished he had had a camera. He said Bryan was Friday nite at the races. Affraid in disbelief. A crate 460 with home ported A429 heads and comp. cam from Lem almost in the nines!!! Yeah baby!!!! Friday nite at the races. Icon_biggrin
Time to get cert. done and get licensed because it wont be long. Bryan you will spank me with your new SCJ's but I will keep gunning for ya! Friday nite at the races. Icon_lol We may race one day and I want it to be even up!!! Friday nite at the races. Icon_razz

On another note Bryan went to third round with his Mustang II and sitting behind him when he left the line there was a LOT of hood showing over the roof. Stout running little 302 even if it is on steroids! Friday nite at the races. Lol I will let him tell the rest of the story.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Friday nite at the races. Empty Re: Friday nite at the races.

Post  billandlori July 3rd 2010, 5:16 pm

Sounds like a fun night!! Congrats on getting it sorted out.

Going rounds make it much more enjoyable!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 4th 2010, 2:29 pm

Yea it was a fun nite Mel and yes my eyes did pop out looking at a 10.13 (where the heck did that come from Shocked ) and your right you better get licensed cause with some more fine tuning you got your 9 second car Twisted Evil as far as the cobra 2 it was a blast and they say i cant go rounds with the fun spray Very Happy i like the look on a few of the faces when i pull that big of a wheel stand and i tell them its just a old stock short block 302 from a 86 lsc with a small 292 cam What a Face my hightlite of the nite was a 1.403 60' (thanks to a 125 shot and my kaase heads) not bad for a bunch of used parts laying around the garage Cool
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 4th 2010, 3:02 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:Yea it was a fun nite Mel and yes my eyes did pop out looking at a 10.13 (where the heck did that come from Shocked ) and your right you better get licensed cause with some more fine tuning you got your 9 second car Twisted Evil as far as the cobra 2 it was a blast and they say i cant go rounds with the fun spray Very Happy i like the look on a few of the faces when i pull that big of a wheel stand and i tell them its just a old stock short block 302 from a 86 lsc with a small 292 cam What a Face my hightlite of the nite was a 1.403 60' (thanks to a 125 shot and my kaase heads) not bad for a bunch of used parts laying around the garage Cool

Man, that's a nice launchin ride right there!!

Some times the "misc." engines work damn good!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 4th 2010, 4:20 pm

Thanks it was runnin 10.85's that nite.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 4th 2010, 11:42 pm

That car does launch nice,do you still have leaf springs in the back?

Thanks Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 5th 2010, 8:14 am

Yes leaf springs and south side lift bars
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 July 5th 2010, 10:17 am

Man sounds like fun, that is so cool.Can't wait until I get mine running again.

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing July 5th 2010, 11:04 am

g ood #'s for sure!
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 5th 2010, 11:08 am

514Fox87 wrote:This our clubs third race of the season and after completely re-doing the fuel system, from putting in a fuel pump relay, to re routing the return line, uping the main line fuel pressure I was excited! Went out for my first time run and the car spit and sputtered to a tune of 1.96 60'. Talk about a swing of emotion! From excited to pissed in 2 seconds flat.
In the pits I found that the floats were off which I had set them at home and they were perfect or I thought they were. Decided to swap out carbs. and put a 1030 AED carb. on borrowed from a friend of nuclearcobra (Bryan). Second run car ran good with a 10.21. Weather was nice but the humidity was up. First round of elim. peddled to 10.23 with the win light. Made it through second and third round and started round robin. I had run a 10.18 on a 10.21 dial in the previous round but my opp. had a .004 red so I ran it out. Dialed a 10.17 for round 4 and off we went. Thought I was a little late on the light but knew it was close. Vega pulled out 2 lengths by the 330 mark but then the big block came to life. Ran him down but he got the win light by .0004 but I ran out with a 10.13. Bryan was at the starting line when my time came up and my son said he wished he had had a camera. He said Bryan was Friday nite at the races. Affraid in disbelief. A crate 460 with home ported A429 heads and comp. cam from Lem almost in the nines!!! Yeah baby!!!! Friday nite at the races. Icon_biggrin
Time to get cert. done and get licensed because it wont be long. Bryan you will spank me with your new SCJ's but I will keep gunning for ya! Friday nite at the races. Icon_lol We may race one day and I want it to be even up!!! Friday nite at the races. Icon_razz

On another note Bryan went to third round with his Mustang II and sitting behind him when he left the line there was a LOT of hood showing over the roof. Stout running little 302 even if it is on steroids! Friday nite at the races. Lol I will let him tell the rest of the story.

Its all in the rear end spool!!!!!! cheers Laughing good job guys, proud of ya. Smile
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 July 5th 2010, 12:27 pm

The spool helped a bunch. It took almost nine pounds out of the rear! There is more in the car I just need to find it!
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 5th 2010, 1:33 pm

Yea like let me put a 100 shot on it for you to try Twisted Evil a hundred horse never hurt nobody Cool
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller July 5th 2010, 11:41 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:Yes leaf springs and south side lift bars

What size rear tires and gears are you using?runs good that's for sure.

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 6th 2010, 7:23 am

MT 28x9 et drags and 430 gears with a PA c4 & ucc 4500 nos converter launchin at 2500 on the footbrake. I weighed it friday nite it was 3065 with me in it with 5 gallons of fuel, Heck Melvyn's car is the same weight or a little lighter and with his carb runnin right he's had 60' times of 1.39 i all motor, like to see what his would 60' with a 125 shot off the line Twisted Evil
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down