BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that

+12
342g
95lightiningguy
bbf-falcon
Race Ready Fabrications
Mike R
ThndrChkn
schmitty
f250mike
nuclearcobra
dfree383
jasonf
johndickjr
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that Empty a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that

Post  johndickjr July 18th 2010, 7:50 am

had a bad night..had a 3 inch 250 psi anhydrous ammonia valve fly apart in my face..lucky i had my hard hat and safety glasses on..but it did servery burn my nut sack..and my right arm from the wrist to the shoulder with 2nd degree burns and my right side flank and stomach...but im still alive..

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that Empty Re: a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that

Post  jasonf July 18th 2010, 8:06 am

Shit man I am glad you are OK. The only question I have is how did you burn your nut sack when you go blasted in the face and side? Did your coveralls fill up or something?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that Empty Re: a little annhydrous ammounia will fix that

Post  dfree383 July 18th 2010, 8:19 am

With the luck you've been having I'd think about a different place to work!!! But at least your still onthe right side of the grass!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 18th 2010, 9:49 am

Sorry to hear that, glad you didnt get hurt worse.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike July 18th 2010, 10:08 am

I have a brother who worked for a fertilizer co. He had the same thing happen and spent some time in the hospital.
He had skin burns but the most serious injury was burns in his lungs.
After healing up he found another job.
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 18th 2010, 11:26 am

f250mike wrote:I have a brother who worked for a fertilizer co. He had the same thing happen and spent some time in the hospital.
He had skin burns but the most serious injury was burns in his lungs.
After healing up he found another job.

I had a good freind that had a hose from a tank do a similar thing, and yes the lungs were what took the biggest hit. He had to quit farming and changed his whole lifestyle. That stuff is very dangerous in more ways than one. We quit using it over 30 years ago and it doesn't bother me one bit. Liquid N is a little more expensive, but a whole lot safer. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 18th 2010, 11:32 am

Dang John. Like Dave said, at least your on the right side of the grass. Glad you're OK.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 18th 2010, 12:39 pm

jasonf wrote:Shit man I am glad you are OK. The only question I have is how did you burn your nut sack when you go blasted in the face and side? Did your coveralls fill up or something?
i turned my head just in time, never hurt my face, was loading a tanker rail car, block all the valves in, but our return line was leaking , so it did not back fill , my buddy handed me the line and it got caught on something , not really sure it happened so fast, still not 1005 sure what went wrong, but i was standing on the plate form with the hose dangling down , about even with my sack, lesson learned...do not remove suit or respirator till the rail car is moving and you are done 100%..i took a few breaths of it before i could get down the stairs, and strip , running across the parking lot,

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R July 18th 2010, 12:49 pm

Glad you're okay John. That shit aint no joke.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications July 18th 2010, 12:54 pm

Glad you're ok, we have that stuff at work and it is some nasty crap.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 18th 2010, 12:58 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:Glad you're ok, we have that stuff at work and it is some nasty crap.
dam right it is...choke to death on it..think its like -27 below 0 too..thanks for the concerns

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 18th 2010, 2:40 pm

Thats some BADD shit John,It can cause severe lung problems down the road. Have the Doc to xray your lungs thoroughly and have it documented. You are very lucky. Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy July 19th 2010, 2:38 am

Sorry to hear that man. I know how you feel, propane does the same with the instant frostbite, that stuff can burn your skin just like ammonia. Get yourself checked out real good and like I said sorry to hear about that.
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 19th 2010, 7:48 am

By the way what is that stuff and whats it used for ? Ok i just did a search on it wow you are luckey.

Last edited by nuclearcobra on July 19th 2010, 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Looked up some info)
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 19th 2010, 1:11 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:By the way what is that stuff and whats it used for ? Ok i just did a search on it wow you are luckey.
they use it for a lot of different things, but mostly its used as a fertilizer , cause it is 82% nitrogen , we keep it in a tank at -27 degrees, even the vapors will put a man to his knees, i will get some pic of my arm later...they look good compared to my nut sack

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 19th 2010, 1:22 pm

Also used in making nylon's, expolsives, Bla Bla Bla......

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g July 19th 2010, 1:49 pm

johndickjr wrote:
nuclearcobra wrote:By the way what is that stuff and whats it used for ? Ok i just did a search on it wow you are luckey.
they use it for a lot of different things, but mostly its used as a fertilizer , cause it is 82% nitrogen , we keep it in a tank at -27 degrees, even the vapors will put a man to his knees, i will get some pic of my arm later...they look good compared to my nut sack

.....................T.M.I.......................... Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 July 19th 2010, 5:49 pm

I make that shit for a living. It is a great job. 95% watching the machines run and monitoring them, 4% doing some work, and 1% running for your life. Evil or Very Mad The 1% part really sucks. affraid
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 19th 2010, 5:53 pm

cletus66 wrote:I make that shit for a living. It is a great job. 95% watching the machines run and monitoring them, 4% doing some work, and 1% running for your life. Evil or Very Mad The 1% part really sucks. affraid
what plant are you at? i am loader right now, working on my promotion test, should be ready for that in a few weeks , then i get to move into the plant as a outside guy, my brother works with me , he is a acid plant board operator

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 19th 2010, 5:54 pm

You work for allied?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 July 19th 2010, 5:57 pm

dfree383 wrote:You work for allied?

10-4. But now it is Honeywell.
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 19th 2010, 6:00 pm

just found out..the same hose , blew last night just sitting there...there has been a repair order for 2 weeks to fix a leaking return line, we was told to load it without a return line..that is why it blew ..safety supervisor and said it was not my fault but i should have had my suit on...mofo...my nuts are frozen off

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 19th 2010, 6:01 pm

A guy I grew up with was a operator their back in the mid to late 90's
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 19th 2010, 6:04 pm

johndickjr wrote:just found out..the same hose , blew last night just sitting there...there has been a repair order for 2 weeks to fix a leaking return line, we was told to load it without a return line..that is why it blew ..safety supervisor and said it was not my fault but i should have had my suit on...mofo...my nuts are frozen off
You need to call OSHA and report his ass that againt the law to have people impropery operate broken equipment.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 19th 2010, 6:11 pm

dfree383 wrote:A guy I grew up with was a operator their back in the mid to late 90's
who ?

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum