BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

procomp nitrous plate ?

+11
SLOWnSTEADY
Maddmattmustangs
fatal addiction
Nevs
whatbumper
powerstrokeace
Barney
res0rli9
richter69
the Coug
89lxcoupe
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

procomp nitrous plate ? Empty procomp nitrous plate ?

Post  89lxcoupe August 7th 2010, 12:17 pm

any good ! they claim up to 250 shot and its a 40 hole plate !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

procomp nitrous plate ? Empty Re: procomp nitrous plate ?

Post  the Coug August 7th 2010, 12:37 pm

yeah it is good for about 1.80 a lb scrap weight.....to add to beer cans......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 7th 2010, 12:39 pm

well if it performs as good as all the other products............. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 August 7th 2010, 12:57 pm

richter69 wrote:well if it performs as good as all the other products............. Laughing

you wont keep it off the rear bumper Laughing

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 7th 2010, 1:49 pm

Scary!!!
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 7th 2010, 2:12 pm

Barney wrote:Scary!!!

yeah what next safety belts made out of shoe string or felt? procomp nitrous plate ? Icon_eek

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 7th 2010, 2:19 pm

i know some of there products are good and bad, just wondered if any one has flowed one or tried one in person. i wonder if it compares to a holley plate. they copy everything else holley makes ?

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 7th 2010, 2:26 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:i know some of there products are good and bad, just wondered if any one has flowed one or tried one in person. i wonder if it compares to a holley plate. they copy everything else holley makes ?

personally if you wish to run NOS buy a good plate not some off the wall fly by night deal like (ProComp)

JMHO

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace August 7th 2010, 3:49 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:i know some of there products are good and bad, just wondered if any one has flowed one or tried one in person. i wonder if it compares to a holley plate. they copy everything else holley makes ?

If you really want to spray some thing... Talk to the guy's at Induction Solutions and follow everything they say and it will work. Pass on the ProComp stuff

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 7th 2010, 3:59 pm

I wouldn't wear a Pro-Comp cap if they made one. lol!

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney August 7th 2010, 5:09 pm

Your nitrous plate isnt somewhere to save a buck. That little bit of saving could cost you a TON of money in a matter of seconds, literally. Nothing like melting pistons, or kicking out a rod because of a cheap plate. If Procomp made Airplanes, would you fly in one?
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 7th 2010, 8:45 pm

i understand, i was just wondering if it performed like the cheater plate since they copy the holley brand , but they do make some good products ! i have there roller rockers and they look just as good as harland sharps and are quiet so far and i have there holley black knock off pump and regulator. so far so good ! i have everything but the plate. i will look at induction solutions plates !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 7th 2010, 9:30 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:i understand, i was just wondering if it performed like the cheater plate since they copy the holley brand , but they do make some good products ! i have there roller rockers and they look just as good as harland sharps and are quiet so far and i have there holley black knock off pump and regulator. so far so good ! i have everything but the plate. i will look at induction solutions plates !

You aren't going to find much Pro Comp "love" on this site, you get what you pay for. Good luck with it though, you'll need it.................
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 7th 2010, 9:56 pm

Pro Comp = cheap They copy which makes you feel like you are getting a really good deal (NOT)99.99% is junk if it has moving parts buy the real thing..... Shocked

you will be glad you did

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction August 7th 2010, 10:48 pm

i agree pro comp stuff is junk but this one kinda stumps me? people make spray bars ''at home'' all the time for their tunnel rams ''i'm not sticking up for pro comp'' but as long as it has the right size holes, and the right jets,and the right fuel pressure, why wouldn't it work?? oh by the way i run a nos system!!!
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs August 7th 2010, 10:52 pm

whatbumper wrote:I wouldn't wear a Pro-Comp cap if they made one. lol!

Probably fall off or fade when it it's the sunlight. Laughing

WHY IS THERE A BUG ON MY SCREEN!!!!! Laughing
I actually tried to flick it off then realized what is was
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 7th 2010, 10:55 pm

fatal addiction wrote:i agree pro comp stuff is junk but this one kinda stumps me? people make spray bars ''at home'' all the time for their tunnel rams ''i'm not sticking up for pro comp'' but as long as it has the right size holes, and the right jets,and the right fuel pressure, why wouldn't it work?? oh by the way i run a nos system!!!

I rekon if you "looked it over" and "checked it out"...................but then again those buy stuff because of price might not know what to look for in the first place.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 7th 2010, 11:00 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:WHY IS THERE A BUG ON MY SCREEN!!!!! Laughing
I actually tried to flick it off then realized what is was

Pretty funny isn't it. My brother had it on his sig on another forum and it pissed me off so much I thought I would share it. LOL

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  SLOWnSTEADY August 9th 2010, 9:52 pm

FWIW... I have been running a ProComp plate on my Small block for over a year now. Using a 1.9 nitrous jet and a 2.0 fuel jet I gained just over 200 at the wheels. No idea what those jets are suppose to be though honestly. just went with the biggest nitrous jet in the kit and then a slightly bigger fuel jet because i don't know a ton about nitrous and thought that would be a little "safer".

That's running a Holley blue @ 10psi for the fuel solenoid, 110 octane, 900~psi bottle pressure on a stock 5.0HO long block, single plain hi-rise intake, full length headers, MSD ignition, Holley 625cfm carb etc...

SLOWnSTEADY

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 August 9th 2010, 10:29 pm

Me personally I would rather pick up a used NOS or equivalent plate. I see they are using alot of procomp stuff in mm&ff but im sure that is bc they send it to them free to try. When they put the parts on running cars and beat the balls of them and they hold up than Ill think about using the stuff. I dont have the money to buy stuff once let alone twice.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  fatal addiction August 9th 2010, 10:37 pm

SLOWnSTEADY wrote:FWIW... I have been running a ProComp plate on my Small block for over a year now. Using a 1.9 nitrous jet and a 2.0 fuel jet I gained just over 200 at the wheels. No idea what those jets are suppose to be though honestly. just went with the biggest nitrous jet in the kit and then a slightly bigger fuel jet because i don't know a ton about nitrous and thought that would be a little "safer".

That's running a Holley blue @ 10psi for the fuel solenoid, 110 octane, 900~psi bottle pressure on a stock 5.0HO long block, single plain hi-rise intake, full length headers, MSD ignition, Holley 625cfm carb etc...
isn't 10 psi @ the fuel solenoid a little high??
fatal addiction
fatal addiction

Back to top Go down

Post  SLOWnSTEADY August 9th 2010, 10:55 pm

fatal addiction wrote:
SLOWnSTEADY wrote:FWIW... I have been running a ProComp plate on my Small block for over a year now. Using a 1.9 nitrous jet and a 2.0 fuel jet I gained just over 200 at the wheels. No idea what those jets are suppose to be though honestly. just went with the biggest nitrous jet in the kit and then a slightly bigger fuel jet because i don't know a ton about nitrous and thought that would be a little "safer".

isn't 10 psi @ the fuel solenoid a little high??

IDK.... been working fine for me thus far though. When I was running the carb/fuel solenoid off the same pump at 4psi I was using a 2.3 fuel jet with a 1.6 nitrous and gained like 75RWHP less than with this setup so. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" I guess...

SLOWnSTEADY

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 10th 2010, 2:50 pm

droppedf100 wrote:Me personally I would rather pick up a used NOS or equivalent plate. I see they are using alot of procomp stuff in mm&ff but im sure that is bc they send it to them free to try. When they put the parts on running cars and beat the balls of them and they hold up than Ill think about using the stuff. I dont have the money to buy stuff once let alone twice.

yeah i may do that i have been on ebay looking ! but i still don't know how they could mess up a nitrous plate ?

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 10th 2010, 3:02 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:
droppedf100 wrote:Me personally I would rather pick up a used NOS or equivalent plate. I see they are using alot of procomp stuff in mm&ff but im sure that is bc they send it to them free to try. When they put the parts on running cars and beat the balls of them and they hold up than Ill think about using the stuff. I dont have the money to buy stuff once let alone twice.

yeah i may do that i have been on ebay looking ! but i still don't know how they could mess up a nitrous plate ?
How can they mess up the other stuff they have totaly butchered??? Thats the mistery !!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 10th 2010, 3:09 pm

whats it run on the spray ?

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next