BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank"

+2
Curt
GTmustang
6 posters

Go down

Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank" Empty Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank"

Post  GTmustang September 6th 2010, 2:06 pm

Anybody with a fox body stang using a small underhood fuel tank to supply the fuel to their nitrous system? I'm looking to add a small 100-200 shot to my car and would like to use a small underhood fuel tank filled with race gas and its own fuel pump and regulator to supply the nitrous system. I've seen cars in pictures, but can't seem to find anything the right size to fit on my passengers side fender apron. I remember seeing a picture from the SEMA show a number of years back of an aluminum tank specially made to fit on the passengers fender apron, but afte rmuch searching haven't been able to find who makes them. How many passes would I be able to make if the tank holds a gallon of gas?
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank" Empty Re: Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank"

Post  Curt September 6th 2010, 2:10 pm

A Jr Dragster tank would be small, but big enough to make a large hit on the 1/4 mile
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank" Empty Re: Fox Body "Nitrous Enrichment Fuel Tank"

Post  badnotch September 6th 2010, 3:19 pm

you really should use one pump and one tank- if you look at all the fast guys they run one pump -thats all
badnotch
badnotch

http://www.gnlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 6th 2010, 8:13 pm

In one of our cars that ran on alky we used a 2 gallon tank in the front with C16 in it and a holley blue pump.

A gallon will last a pretty good time with a 200 shot. Hell we use less than a gallon per hit with our turbo car now and that's 1500hp but that's 1/8th mile.

forgot to add: the tank that we used we built out of aluminum.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 6th 2010, 9:23 pm

They even make 1 gallon cells for this purpose, or one can fabricate one.....no big deal to do.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney September 6th 2010, 11:46 pm

JAZ makes a 1 gallon cell for this purpose.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down