BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wtb front engine plate and mid plate

4 posters

Go down

wtb front engine plate and mid plate  Empty wtb front engine plate and mid plate

Post  fe50stang October 29th 2010, 9:13 pm

I need both front and rear plates to start my 460 swap and i figured I would look here first before just jumping on the mail order site. Also wondering about a kit set up for a powerglide swap? I already have a c 6 built with all the good parts but I'm never going to get closer then this to swaping to a glide. It all just depends on money.

thanks Justin 503 412 8141
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

wtb front engine plate and mid plate  Empty Re: wtb front engine plate and mid plate

Post  chuck stevens October 29th 2010, 9:36 pm

Where do you plan to mount the front motorplate on the engine? Behind the water pump OR, behind the timing cover??

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

wtb front engine plate and mid plate  Empty i'm not sure yet

Post  fe50stang October 29th 2010, 10:21 pm

I can mount it either way I guess nothing is set in stone yet,but I will be running a electric waterpump if that matters at all?
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

wtb front engine plate and mid plate  Empty i'm not sure yet

Post  fe50stang October 29th 2010, 10:36 pm

I can mount it either way I guess nothing is set in stone yet,but I will be running a electric waterpump if that matters at all? sorry I just noticed the WTB link . be easy on me I'm new here .LOL
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

wtb front engine plate and mid plate  Empty Re: wtb front engine plate and mid plate

Post  racnrick October 30th 2010, 3:39 pm

Look at these and see if they will work for you, I had the front plate in front of the timing cover, but I think it would be able to be put between the cover and block too. The rearplate is a TCI BBF to powerglide adapter, the studs for tranny are epoxied in as the one problem with the plates being 1/4" thick, the studs sometimes spin in the holes. I have the TCI flywheel to go with it, but there is a couple of teeth that are worn or chipped a little. Both plates are 1/4" thick, and are not cracked. Let me know if these will fit your car.

[img] wtb front engine plate and mid plate  100_0337[/img]

[img] wtb front engine plate and mid plate  100_0338[/img]

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  69bluehotrod October 30th 2010, 4:25 pm

fe50, I have a brand new still in the box front motor plate from Alston chassis works, & a tci rear adapter plate for a P/G to BBF that is contoured to the block, if this is not going in a chassis car this may work better for you, I'll get some pics for you as soon as I get home which will be about 5:30 tonight.
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  fe50stang October 30th 2010, 8:12 pm

69bluehotrod wrote:fe50, I have a brand new still in the box front motor plate from Alston chassis works, & a tci rear adapter plate for a P/G to BBF that is contoured to the block, if this is not going in a chassis car this may work better for you, I'll get some pics for you as soon as I get home which will be about 5:30 tonight.

Thanks I'll check it out. I found a mid plate already, so now I'm just looking for the front plate to work with a csr waterpump . Idea
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down