BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just call me the nitrous Noobie!!

3 posters

Go down

Just call me the nitrous Noobie!! Empty Just call me the nitrous Noobie!!

Post  stang93mustang November 24th 2010, 2:33 am

Hello all,

Over the winter I plan on installing a ZEX system 82048 on my motor. To start I have 69' block, with SCAT 514 stroker kit with 6.8 H beam rods. Motor completely studded. Cometic head gaskets. Off the shelf roller cam, DOVE gutted heads, double valve springed alittle over recommended cam specs. Victor manifold with 1050 dom 8896-1. I have best a 10.18 with 1.39 sixty's. Just realized recently that my fuel pump was regulated at the pump @ only 6-8 psi! Shocked Now regulated at 21-23 psi, then regulated to 6-6.5 at the carb. That would explain my low mph which would be at 131-133. I have not been back to the track since the discovery, Anyway.....

Once I install this system, what kind of adjustments should I be looking to make on the carb. I know that I will have to use a y block to run a separate regulator for the nitrous. I know that I will have to retard the timing per the chart supplied if not 1 degree more than what they recommend. Should the carb have the power valve or should they be removed.

I will be using a WOT switch so the real noobie questions......Do I have to hold a stupid button all the way down the track? lol Is it best to spray entire run or if money provides use a timer? Will the DOVE heads be able to handle this? Only PLAN on using 150 shot max. I just want to hit that mid 9 sec and I would have surpass my original goal and that was build a 10 sec car right from the start.

stang93mustang
stang93mustang

https://www.youtube.com/user/stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Just call me the nitrous Noobie!! Empty Re: Just call me the nitrous Noobie!!

Post  Barney November 24th 2010, 3:20 pm

stang93mustang wrote:Hello all,

Over the winter I plan on installing a ZEX system 82048 on my motor. To start I have 69' block, with SCAT 514 stroker kit with 6.8 H beam rods. Motor completely studded. Cometic head gaskets. Off the shelf roller cam, DOVE gutted heads, double valve springed alittle over recommended cam specs. Victor manifold with 1050 dom 8896-1. I have best a 10.18 with 1.39 sixty's. Just realized recently that my fuel pump was regulated at the pump @ only 6-8 psi! Shocked Now regulated at 21-23 psi, then regulated to 6-6.5 at the carb. That would explain my low mph which would be at 131-133. I have not been back to the track since the discovery, Anyway.....

Once I install this system, what kind of adjustments should I be looking to make on the carb. I know that I will have to use a y block to run a separate regulator for the nitrous. I know that I will have to retard the timing per the chart supplied if not 1 degree more than what they recommend. Should the carb have the power valve or should they be removed.

I will be using a WOT switch so the real noobie questions......Do I have to hold a stupid button all the way down the track? lol Is it best to spray entire run or if money provides use a timer? Will the DOVE heads be able to handle this? Only PLAN on using 150 shot max. I just want to hit that mid 9 sec and I would have surpass my original goal and that was build a 10 sec car right from the start.

With a WOT switch once it is armed the WOT switch will trigger the solenoids. If traction is there spray the whole run. Your heads will be just fine.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  studly November 24th 2010, 3:46 pm

I know you should already know, but just in case if you run a transbrake you must run a relay to cut the nos off while on the brake with a WOT
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  stang93mustang November 24th 2010, 6:14 pm

studly wrote:I know you should already know, but just in case if you run a transbrake you must run a relay to cut the nos off while on the brake with a WOT

Don't have a brake but thanks for the reminder for later down the road.
stang93mustang
stang93mustang

https://www.youtube.com/user/stang93mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down