BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some?????

+3
83-88T-Bird Guy
69F100
JT557
7 posters

Go down

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Empty would you gut the whole car or would you leave some?????

Post  JT557 December 5th 2010, 2:47 pm

Should i leave dashboard and guage cluster just for the looks ? not concerned about the weight....!
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Empty Re: would you gut the whole car or would you leave some?????

Post  69F100 December 5th 2010, 3:03 pm

it just depends on what you want to do with it and what class
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Empty Re: would you gut the whole car or would you leave some?????

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy December 6th 2010, 7:08 pm

JT557 wrote:Should i leave dashboard and guage cluster just for the looks ? not concerned about the weight....!

If you are not concerned about the weight, then just leave the stuff in it.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 6th 2010, 10:48 pm

It would be best to install all the stock interior back in the car with a SFI CM cage.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 6th 2010, 11:24 pm

Full chassis car.......

If it's going to be a full chassis car with flush mounted Lexan windows and will have no "class" restrictions on interior finish, then cut/chop every last damn ounce of inner body structure from every last part of the outer body shell to make the shell as light as possible. Gut everything possible, screw the idea of having a dash, or a headliner, or covered inner door panels, or etc, etc. Mount the assorted oil/water/volt gauges directly to the cage dash bar, or use a light weight gauge cluster on the steering column.

Back-half car........

The definition of what actually makes for a "back-half" car is so varied depending on who you talk to, & what different "back-half" class rules around the country might call for. Because of this if your building for a given "local" back-half class, always look to their rules first before cutting anything. But If your building it just for TNT or "no rules" grudge nights at the track, then again cut out as much out as possible.

Mini-tub or stock suspension cars......

In a lot of cases, with these cars you might as well keep most/all of the stock dash/interior just because it's easier (plus also required) in a lot of these cases.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  fe50stang December 7th 2010, 5:26 am

here's what I left in mine . And I'm only a backhalf car. Whats your idea of back halfed? thats what most chassis shop is going to ask you. don't bring him your car untill you have a clear understang of what your getting and what your paying. I have heard so many stories of guys getting dicked around by car builders and saying they payed to much and were at the mercy of the chassis shop and they were forced to pay the bill or they whould never get there car back.

and then you go talk to the chassis builder and he'll tell you he lost his ass on that car didn't even make a penny one it because the owner dropped of the car and a $3,000 deposit and thought that would cover the whole bill. then begged and pleaded to cut the bill down promising to send all of his buddy's to the shop to work on there cars.

It gets expensive doing chassis work,You better off buying the tools and learning how to do it yourself .there is alot of know how on these forums and several guys who have acheived great results doing what your trying to do.

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Mustang2

[url=would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Picture074]would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Kdk_0041_KPT][IMG]
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair December 9th 2010, 5:51 am

fe50stang wrote:here's what I left in mine . And I'm only a backhalf car. Whats your idea of back halfed? thats what most chassis shop is going to ask you. don't bring him your car untill you have a clear understang of what your getting and what your paying. I have heard so many stories of guys getting dicked around by car builders and saying they payed to much and were at the mercy of the chassis shop and they were forced to pay the bill or they whould never get there car back.

and then you go talk to the chassis builder and he'll tell you he lost his ass on that car didn't even make a penny one it because the owner dropped of the car and a $3,000 deposit and thought that would cover the whole bill. then begged and pleaded to cut the bill down promising to send all of his buddy's to the shop to work on there cars.

It gets expensive doing chassis work,You better off buying the tools and learning how to do it yourself .there is alot of know how on these forums and several guys who have acheived great results doing what your trying to do.

would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Mustang2

[url=would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Picture074]would you gut the whole car or would you leave some????? Kdk_0041_KPT][IMG]

Not a whole lot of car left to that car, probably just a couple sheets of 'glass away from being a pipe rack, lol.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  fe50stang December 9th 2010, 6:05 am

But is still just a back half car to some. Very Happy
fe50stang
fe50stang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down