BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads .

+13
moparman
342g
OldRedFord
DanH
Proeliator
Nevs
schmitty
Old blue Racin Team
nuclearcobra
bruno
richter69
the Coug
Lem Evans
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads . Empty Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads .

Post  Lem Evans August 29th 2009, 8:24 pm

Pro Comp is now offering a Chinese knock off of the TFS head.
December 4 2005 at 4:18 PM
No score for this post Gary Blair (Login GB3351)
from IP address 67.130.59.43

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the std small port, an exact copy.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads . Empty Re: Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads .

Post  the Coug August 29th 2009, 8:27 pm

No comment I thought I heard that name again..... I wonder where ole hank is???

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads . Empty Re: Looks to be one of the..if not the 1st .....procomps are the same as threads .

Post  richter69 August 29th 2009, 8:52 pm

Gimme a link, I'll bump 'er to the top..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 29th 2009, 9:06 pm

we can make this a sticky if we can get some good info on why "not" to use procomp heads ??

professional facts about heads that stir up the most negative publicity

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra August 30th 2009, 7:54 am

Everybody keeps getting confused about why procomps were designed it was for car shows (there shiny) not hp.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 30th 2009, 7:59 am

but they do have there place if they are prepared right ....so how much does it cost for the bare heads and to get the better valve train for them ?? what is the total cost again

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra August 30th 2009, 8:12 am

I was just funnin wasent it the mad porter who got some great results from workin them over (i might be wrong on the name) and i dont remember if he said what it would cost to make them work.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 30th 2009, 8:32 am

Damn thats what we need, is a good pro comp thread over here to get thangs stirring
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 30th 2009, 9:38 am

Randy M and Scotty have probablyl done more R&D with them than any of us. Randy said they make decent street head if all you are after is cheap and aluminum. Scotty has made some good power too, similar to the D3 heads, but not quite as good. Cool
Oh and then there is Mustang 93 who has made great strides with them. Evil or Very Mad 10.70@135mph. confused
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 30th 2009, 2:32 pm

schmitty wrote:Randy M and Scotty have probablyl done more R&D with them than any of us. Randy said they make decent street head if all you are after is cheap and aluminum. Scotty has made some good power too, similar to the D3 heads, but not quite as good. Cool
Oh and then there is Mustang 93 who has made great strides with them. Evil or Very Mad 10.70@135mph. confused

O you didnt hear that was in the 1/8th mile Very Happy
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 30th 2009, 4:23 pm

schmitty wrote:Randy M and Scotty have probablyl done more R&D with them than any of us. Randy said they make decent street head if all you are after is cheap and aluminum. Scotty has made some good power too, similar to the D3 heads, but not quite as good. Cool

don't forget Chip off the ole block (Hemi Grunter) he had a whopping 465 hp with his pro comps you know they gotta be good...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 30th 2009, 8:02 pm

I think even Hemi would love to forget them Pro Comps. Evil or Very Mad
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 30th 2009, 8:27 pm

Guys , I didn't put this topic here to get another procomp bash going . Just wanted to point out that the mis-info on these heads have been around since 2005 . It has always been my opinion that the main issue with the heads is not the heads but how they are touted .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 30th 2009, 8:39 pm

I think in all actuality that there is way more misinformation about these heads than true solid info floating around on the ole triple dubya. Although they will flow almost as good as a set of D3 heads, on a dyno they don't make as much HP/TQ. They do have one redeeming point though, the exhaust side is decent if you leave the floor alone.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 30th 2009, 8:41 pm

Old blue Racin Team wrote:
schmitty wrote: 10.70@35mph. confused

O you didnt hear that was in the 1/8th mile Very Happy
I got carried away there and accidentally misprinted the mph. Very Happy There, I fixed it.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 30th 2009, 9:07 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Guys , I didn't put this topic here to get another procomp bash going . Just wanted to point out that the mis-info on these heads have been around since 2005 . It has always been my opinion that the main issue with the heads is not the heads but how they are touted .

I agree completely.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Proeliator September 1st 2009, 3:07 am

nuclearcobra wrote:I was just funnin wasent it the mad porter who got some great results from workin them over (i might be wrong on the name) and i dont remember if he said what it would cost to make them work.

Probably. But at the end of the day when you're done polishing a turd, its still a turd.

Proeliator

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH September 1st 2009, 3:29 am

Proeliator wrote:
nuclearcobra wrote:I was just funnin wasent it the mad porter who got some great results from workin them over (i might be wrong on the name) and i dont remember if he said what it would cost to make them work.

Probably. But at the end of the day when you're done polishing a turd, its still a turd.
top dogs are C&C HEMI head , Thor, new Pro Stock head (?) . that leaves the question -- what level TURD is evryone else polishing. why polish a C460 when you can get a C&C hemi to polish

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  OldRedFord September 1st 2009, 5:27 am

I think the top dog is proportional to how deep your wallet is, and how fast you want to go, what your application is. Id love to have a HEMI head, but cant foot the bill or have a need. Just my 2 cents.
OldRedFord
OldRedFord

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH September 1st 2009, 6:15 am

OldRedFord wrote:I think the top dog is proportional to how deep your wallet is, and how fast you want to go, what your application is. Id love to have a HEMI head, but cant foot the bill or have a need. Just my 2 cents.
That exactly the point-- ones own wallet. polish what you can afford. if it fits one needs/budget than its not a turd to them . how many have one of those $200,000 plus cars ? do you wax and shine your $30,000 ride ?

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  342g September 1st 2009, 7:08 pm

I have a turd, who wants to polish it for me? Very Happy Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  moparman September 2nd 2009, 11:00 pm

I thought we came to this new site to get away from PROCROMP!!! Oh wait, there were other reasons weren't there.... Laughing affraid
moparman
moparman

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 2nd 2009, 11:35 pm

DanH wrote:
OldRedFord wrote:I think the top dog is proportional to how deep your wallet is, and how fast you want to go, what your application is. Id love to have a HEMI head, but cant foot the bill or have a need. Just my 2 cents.
That exactly the point-- ones own wallet. polish what you can afford. if it fits one needs/budget than its not a turd to them . how many have one of those $200,000 plus cars ? do you wax and shine your $30,000 ride ?

Dan

Here's the deal, if you have two turds that make the same power, Being I'm not rich either. I would polish the cheaper of the two turds. D3 Ford head, hands down. Laughing
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 2nd 2009, 11:39 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Pro Comp is now offering a Chinese knock off of the TFS head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong again ( Colonel Sanders ) Laughing lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers affraid afro
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 3rd 2009, 1:24 am

IDT-572 wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Pro Comp is now offering a Chinese knock off of the TFS head.

Wrong again ( Colonel Sanders ) Laughing lol! lol! lol! cheers cheers cheers affraid afro

Blake,

I am not understanding who's Colonel Sanders? Lem was pointing out that Gary Blair started all this stuff about the Pro Comp heads back on Dec 4, 2005. Gary is the one who said it was "an exact copy". I would venture to say that he made that remark without ever even having a set of TFS Street heads in his hands, or likewise ever having the Pro Comp heads in his hands. For example, Pro Comp's combustion chamber is 94 cc and TFS Street's combustion chamber is 72 cc, and Gary calls that "an exact copy". Gary was/is very adapt at putting out misinformation when it suited his own agenda, even to the point of using aliases. The guys and newbies need to be warned, to take what he says with a grain of salt.

Hope this helps,
Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next