BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock

+8
Lem Evans
jcoxracing
56Tbird
BOSS 429
bb429power
'65 T-BOLT
bbf-falcon
AlkyPinto
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 Empty Re: Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock

Post  bbf-falcon January 7th 2011, 7:47 pm

That mota is a badd mama jama affraid Suspect

Car is cool too. I will see if I can dig up some pic's of my ole 72 comet

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 Empty Re: Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock

Post  jcoxracing January 7th 2011, 9:54 pm

The reason I asked is my father had a 429 Gapp & Roush tubbed out maverick in the mid 90's. My dad bought it from someone in Bloomington, who bought it from someone in the Chicago area. Actually I still have a copy of the original title and the build sheet. The maverick came from New York in 1973 and was titled as a race car from Carmel* Motors Inc.
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 Empty The Hat Man

Post  Wheelie58 January 8th 2011, 11:15 pm

Wow Rich,
The engine looks and sounds great on the dyno.
If you look on the links from NHRA.com
http://www.nhra.net/2010/images/Heritage/2010HeritageRulebook.pdf
you will find an index class fitting most cars.
Basically, no delay box or throttle stop... 1973 and older "door cars", so your '72 fits right in.
I think that you would like one of these classes:
"Gas Eliminator
DESIGNATION
A/Gas, B/Gas, C/Gas, D/Gas, preceded by number.
CLASSES
A/Gas: 7.60 standard
B/Gas: 8.60 standard
C/Gas: 9.60 standard
D/Gas: 10.60 standard
Competition is based on using a four-tenths heads-up Pro Tree.
Reserved for pre-1973 coupe or sedan only that must readily resemble intended
body style."
(pasted from NHRA Nostalgia rule book)

Just dial it with timing and weight and let'er fly!
See you there!
Keith Fulp

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 Empty KFM support

Post  Wheelie58 January 8th 2011, 11:21 pm

61coon wrote:I didn't forget ya Keith. Matter of fact I wore my Keith Fulp Motorsports T-shirt proudly today,and was seen Very Happy . Gotta get a black one though,i'm too hard on a white Tee.---RED
Red,
I appreciate the support for the KFM race organization. afro I will send a PM about the black shirt deal....
Thanks!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 9th 2011, 12:19 am

I can hardly wait to get my hat on mine!! That's Badazz..I'm assuming that was on alky? king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkyPinto January 9th 2011, 11:54 am

Excellent! Thanks Keith. I'll study the index rules and see if
the Pinto fits. Looks kinda fun. May come join you boys at
Bowling Green in June?

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

http://www.RichKentRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF January 9th 2011, 12:13 pm

bb429power wrote:
jcoxracing wrote:Don't forget about us rust-tangs.
Justin
Personally I'm not the biggest mustang fan, but that's just me. I see too many of them around, not "different" enough for me. Its just my style Laughing Although if I had t own one it would be a 73 mach 1 drag car or pro street Cool

Justin you know why it's like that?? because you weren't around when there were millions of those "ratty ass" Mavericks running around. They weren't all bad azz race cars, they were peoples' everyday "get me there vehicles" Every car finds its place in somebody's heart and they think is the best car ever made period. That car for me is the FOXBODY!!!!!!!!!!! You know why that is Young J, BECAUSE I LIVED IT 1987-1993 I was freaking there, dead smack in the middle of it in my prime Twisted Evil
Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 IMG_0573
Papst Blue Ribbon Maverick Grabber ProStock - Page 2 IMG_0572

Last edited by D's557BBF on January 9th 2011, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power January 9th 2011, 12:17 pm

Laughing Very true, have I ever told you how EVERYWHERE we go with the maverick we get at least one person that says "I used to have a maverick". We always get a bunch of thumbs up too, and you were at Fords at the Summit. There were more mavericks there than mustangs! i was in heaven... Very Happy But your right, everyone has their own car that is sacred to them and there is usually a meaning behind why that is.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 9th 2011, 12:30 pm

[]

Justin you know why it's like that?? because you weren't around when there were millions of those "ratty ass" Mavericks running around. They weren't all bad azz race cars, they were peoples' everyday "get me there vehicles" Every car finds its place in somebody's heart and they think is the best car ever made period. That car for me is the FOXBODY!!!!!!!!!!! You know why that is Young J, BECAUSE I LIVED IT 1987-1993 I was freaking there, dead smack in the middle of it in my prime Twisted Evil
[/quote]

Well said D Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  342g January 9th 2011, 1:39 pm

D's557BBF wrote:
bb429power wrote:
jcoxracing wrote:Don't forget about us rust-tangs.
Justin
Personally I'm not the biggest mustang fan, but that's just me. I see too many of them around, not "different" enough for me. Its just my style Laughing Although if I had t own one it would be a 73 mach 1 drag car or pro street Cool

D, you need to put some walls around that garage, but you look like you were enjoying it. Laughing Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF January 9th 2011, 1:48 pm

Harold I had some of the best days of my life working in front of that little one car garage. I had just found my future wife, i had the fastest car above 11.8's at the street races and all my friends were still alive. The guy in that picture with me passed away last year, he was my ace boon coon ride or die guy!!
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2