BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system

4 posters

Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system

Post  badsnake306 January 11th 2011, 11:36 am

hey,
im looking to buy a used belt drive system. has to be in good condition thanks
matt

badsnake306

Back to top Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty belt drive

Post  504T January 14th 2011, 12:12 am

I have an Australian Muscle parts (AMP) - $350.

Kurt.
504T
504T

Back to top Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty Re: WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system

Post  badsnake306 January 15th 2011, 10:09 am

how is this product compared to danny bee?
matt

badsnake306

Back to top Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty AMP

Post  504T January 15th 2011, 1:41 pm

badsnake306 wrote:how is this product compared to danny bee?
matt
It's a copy. Definitely not as high quality. functionality is decent - The first block I had it on I had no issues - the next one had been line bored one too many times and I had trouble with the seals. It does have a dipstick provision which can be a plus - worked great with the Canton pan - didn't work with the Billet Fab pan, but I just stuck a plug in it. It doesn't have the plate behind the top gear that allows you to change the cam without pulling the cover. I had it on a 523 that broke a rod bolt... When I put together the 598 I have now I sprung for the Danny Bee, which is a much nicer piece - but with a much less attractive price. Both give you adjustable cam timing - (which really makes it easy to degree a cam), a torrington style needle bearing thrust plate, and the other benefits of belt vs chain. If I had to buy a new one I would buy the Danny Bee, If budget was an issue and I wanted a belt drive I wouldn't hesitate to use another AMP providing I didn't have an old block that had the mains line honed a couple of times.
While tring to figure out the leak issue I thought it was the cover - so this one has an extra cover and belt. One cover has the o ring grooves filled in so you can use a gasket - the o rings did not line up with the Meziere water pump - the Danny Bee I have uses gaskets, but I think you may be able to get them grooved for o rings. I think that about covers it.
Kurt
504T
504T

Back to top Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty Re: WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system

Post  tompietwo July 30th 2011, 8:58 pm

do you still have the AMP belt drive?

tompietwo

Back to top Go down

WTB: used danny bee/ jesel belt drive system Empty AMP

Post  504T July 31st 2011, 1:38 pm

Yes I do.
504T
504T

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 11th 2011, 9:03 am

If none of these guys are serious, let me know
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down