BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOOE-R Heads / exhaust port plates

+7
Nevs
schmitty
Greg_P
D. Sea
Bret Powell
dfree383
lghting94
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DOOE-R Heads / exhaust port plates - Page 2 Empty Re: DOOE-R Heads / exhaust port plates

Post  72mav September 2nd 2009, 11:49 am

Steve, You wouldnt have a pic of yours BTW? would ya? How high were they raised do you remember? I wonder if the top of the exhausts were raised accordingly.

Thanks.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

DOOE-R Heads / exhaust port plates - Page 2 Empty Re: DOOE-R Heads / exhaust port plates

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2009, 2:52 pm

OK jsut trying to get my head wrapped around all this so Here is another question: If you increase the exhaust flow by 40 points how much will this equate(estimates of course) to in torque and horsepower?
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs September 2nd 2009, 5:48 pm

Al Martin wrote:Steve, You wouldnt have a pic of yours BTW? would ya? How high were they raised do you remember? I wonder if the top of the exhausts were raised accordingly.

Thanks.
Al

Al,
I don't have pictures, this was before I owned a digital camera. We did raise the tops as well. I don't remember how much, but I know we had to make custom flanges. Sold the heads to a truck puller in the Sioux Falls, S.D. area. He was real happy with them!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 2nd 2009, 6:22 pm

dfree383 wrote:May consider adding another 10-12 degrees to the exhaust and widen the lc to 112-113ish

I'm not sure that 20* split is the place to be with that style of head .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2009, 7:37 pm

Lem I may call you this winter to see what cam you would recommend if you wouldn't care
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 2nd 2009, 7:37 pm

Yes sir .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 2nd 2009, 8:17 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
dfree383 wrote:May consider adding another 10-12 degrees to the exhaust and widen the lc to 112-113ish

I'm not sure that 20* split is the place to be with that style of head .

X2 I think you will lose a bunch of cylinder pressure during blow down with the exhaust opening at 84 degrees BBDC

278 - 298 @ .050 on a 113

int open 28 BTDC int close 70 ABDC

exh opens 84 BBDC exh closes 34 ATDC

It would be best in my book to just work on the exhaust flow.

JMHO

I have been studying this for several weeks for my deal. Asking questions and crunching numbers.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2009, 8:24 pm

IDT Right now that is where I am asking and crunching if you figure someting out please let me know.

Okaynow another qustion I have now been told that someone makes a set of "toes" that can be installed in the exhaust port to do almost the same as brazing. Anyone with experience with these?
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 2nd 2009, 8:26 pm

lghting94 wrote:IDT Right now that is where I am asking and crunching if you figure someting out please let me know.

Okaynow another qustion I have now been told that someone makes a set of "toes" that can be installed in the exhaust port to do almost the same as brazing. Anyone with experience with these?

I think what you are talking about is MPG out of colorado on the exhaust plates....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2009, 8:32 pm

Randy when he told me about them I thought the same thing the plate that go in between the head and the header with small flanges sticking in the port but he said these are actually formed peices of aluminum that glued in somehow
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug September 2nd 2009, 8:35 pm

Price motorsports....they may not be in the catalogue but I know they use to make them may have to call and ask Mary or Bill I remember they had them....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 2nd 2009, 9:21 pm

lghting94 wrote:IDT Right now that is where I am asking and crunching if you figure someting out please let me know.

Will do bud , as soon as I get something figured out I will let you know.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2009, 9:31 pm

Thank You for your help
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav September 3rd 2009, 12:16 am

X2 on price Motorsports Lightning.
They have them. Talk to Mary. She will fill your ear.Nice Lady. She used to port heads also. Seemed to really know her stuff.
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2