BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!

+13
Mark Laczo
665 falcon
61coon
billandlori
'65 T-BOLT
bruno
98-9.0Mustang
77f150
res0rli9
bb429power
schmitty
richter69
ThndrChkn
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!

Post  res0rli9 February 16th 2011, 12:46 am

[quote="ThndrChkn"]Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions. I think I'm gonna keep it simple and stay with the 4.500 deal. I'm thinkin' with what I have planned, this thing's gonna rock it anyway. Plus, I've talked with alot of other guys that have bought the Ohio Crankshaft stuff with less than stellar results. Meaning, they've needed ALOT of work to make them usable. A bit more than the Scat units that my crank guy uses. Plus, if (forbid) anything goes awry, the parts are a little less morphodtitic. A friend of mine told me, since mine won't be running for this year, that I could borrow his extra engine and run it if I want to try and race this year. It's a 604 A-headed deal. All I need to do is re-assemble it, and freshen up his 598 that he's currently running. I'm tellin' ya what. The 'ol Banana got it done pretty good with the 521 SCJ headed plant. I wouldn't want to be any of the Chevy boys when I show up with 600" of BBF between the fenders. Laughing Shocked

Either way, it's gonna be a slow progression to the track IF I make it this year. But I'll keep ya'll posted as progress resumes.

Take your time Doug and it the way YOU wont it...... BUT a 604" ant bad ether

Keith

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!

Post  ThndrChkn February 16th 2011, 8:59 pm

Well, the weather was almost nice enough today, so I decided to do a little work on my new hood for the Banana. It was still too cold to use the compressor much, 'cause my die grinder kept freezing up. But, it's ready for some fiberglass work now, after I get the front corners of the hood cleared of paint and roughed up. If I can get it warmed up a bit, I'm gonna try and have it glassed in by next week. Cool Very Happy This scoop is 2" lower than the other one, and is contoured to fit the windshield better too.
The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!  - Page 2 0216111714
The Banana Returns..... UPDATE!!  - Page 2 0216111715
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R February 16th 2011, 9:41 pm

Glad you're back Doug. I know how you feel, even though mine is still a pile of parts I can't imagine not having it around.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum