BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??

+3
tiger
BOSS 429
MauriSSio
7 posters

Go down

impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??  Empty impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??

Post  MauriSSio February 17th 2011, 9:24 pm

i cant find anywhere where somebody is running a kickdown cable on their dominator equipped carbs. Is it at all possible to have a working kickdown linkage with a dominator?

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??  Empty Re: impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??

Post  BOSS 429 February 17th 2011, 10:08 pm

WE JUST MAKE THEM,IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE TIME. hech most of the guys take them off after a year or so, and ive asked and they say, wow guessi forgot to reinstall it after converter ,or engine change,lol have no clue what they did with them,but none of the guys seem to mis them after all of this
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??  Empty Re: impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??

Post  MauriSSio February 17th 2011, 10:35 pm

i just want to add one because i heard the kickdown provides line pressure. and when coupled with the vaccum modulator you can set the shift points so that it shifts automatically. is that the way it works? or do i just mess with the modulator?

how do the dominator guys that dont manual shift set their shift points?

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 17th 2011, 10:39 pm

my 72 torino has a dom, no kickdown, adjustment by mod valve,and gov in the trans

she leaves it in drive , just floors it
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  MauriSSio February 17th 2011, 10:53 pm

so what did you do to the governor?

MauriSSio

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 February 17th 2011, 11:17 pm

Youll have to call my trans guy

815 723-0798 -bill
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger February 17th 2011, 11:32 pm

I am pretty shure you just turn the screw in the modulator valve to set the shift points.

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P February 18th 2011, 1:52 am

I ran a lokar kickdown cable with my dominator/c6 for years.

I welded an additional arm on the throttle arm, pointing down like on the regular holleys. Worked great.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 18th 2011, 4:12 pm

I purchased a Lokar throttle cable and kickdown for the c6.
I fabricated a small aluminum bar on the Dominator throttle linkage.
0.50" X .25" X 3" aluminum. The kickdown is below the pivot point.
The picture should be worth more than 1000 words.
impossible to run a Dominator carb and have a usable kickdown cable??  Galaxieengine-1-1
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 21st 2011, 2:40 pm

I don't run any kickdowns with any of my C-6s, not even the tow truck.
I just punch the throttle and it magically downshifts.

The race cars shift dead on at the track w/out a k/d. Super consistent.
As posted above, the adjustable modulator sets the shift point.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 21st 2011, 3:38 pm

I thought the C6 kickdown function was to increase the internal line pressures?

A C6 expert would know better than I.

Cheers
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 February 21st 2011, 7:57 pm

Just a thought... If you're running a Dominator, your C6 should NOT be the type that NEEDS a kickdown...

FWIW Laughing
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 24th 2011, 11:16 am

DFI429 wrote:Just a thought... If you're running a Dominator, your C6 should NOT be the type that NEEDS a kickdown...

FWIW Laughing

What?
Why not? Please explain.
What type would that be? Manual valve body?
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down