BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F.A.S.T. Mustang.

+7
dfree383
the1969fordguyinky
Maddmattmustangs
'65 T-BOLT
bbf-falcon
Tony M
LivermoreDave
11 posters

Go down

F.A.S.T. Mustang. Empty F.A.S.T. Mustang.

Post  LivermoreDave March 22nd 2011, 9:31 pm

Here's an amazing accomplishment! Check out the link.

www.fastraces.org

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

F.A.S.T. Mustang. Empty Re: F.A.S.T. Mustang.

Post  Tony M March 22nd 2011, 10:06 pm

DAMN !!!!!!!!
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 22nd 2011, 10:53 pm

These guy's truly have cars too bragg about. They are amazing Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT March 22nd 2011, 11:11 pm

Lane should be a member here on this site!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 23rd 2011, 12:33 am

I think he is Cool

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 23rd 2011, 6:08 pm

Hes my hero Laughing
Love the car, hope mine runs as fast someday Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky March 24th 2011, 3:25 pm

To run like like with a bias ply tire defies logic. I just can't imagine it. Any tire like that I have looked at was hard as a rock.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 24th 2011, 3:35 pm

There was a mag artical about the car a few months back..... Very Very Impressive work, I think Charlie did an Intake for the guy.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman March 24th 2011, 4:22 pm

the1969fordguyinky wrote:To run like like with a bias ply tire defies logic. I just can't imagine it. Any tire like that I have looked at was hard as a rock.

The tires they use closely resemble the old bias ply types that came on those cars factory but they are a good bit better. They can run them cut down a little also. I am NOT saying this to take anything away from this guy or his amazing car. He has my complete respect.

It has to be factory appearing, so they do tricks like run split leaf monos with fake, rubber leafs in a stock appearing stack, hollow out the windshield wiper motor case, do a ton of extrude honing, lightening up... stuff like that. The engine can be as many cubes as you can fit in the stock block but it has to use factory (appearing) manifolds, carb, dizzy. I believe they can sneak an ignition box in there and that they set it up to retard timing on the launch and then bring it in. Again, I am not certain on this but I take an interest in this class and read up on it.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 24th 2011, 4:49 pm

What kind of HP does it take to put down those numbers with a car like that? When I was delivering my engine to Randy M in Detroit, we went to a shop owned by a friend of his. Vince was working on two of these F.A.S.T. engines, 1 sbc, and 1 Poncho. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 24th 2011, 5:28 pm

schmitty wrote:What kind of HP does it take to put down those numbers with a car like that? When I was delivering my engine to Randy M in Detroit, we went to a shop owned by a friend of his. Vince was working on two of these F.A.S.T. engines, 1 sbc, and 1 Poncho. Cool

Smitty, let me tell you, we've got over a hundred flow bench hours just comparing valve jobs for that SBC, lol.
Stuff like that, (attention to minute details), is what it takes for all these cars.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 24th 2011, 6:57 pm

Did you get the numbers out of the Poncho on the dyno that you and Vince were looking for? Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave March 24th 2011, 10:35 pm

schmitty wrote:What kind of HP does it take to put down those numbers with a car like that?

schmitty the article indicates 825 hp and 800 ft-lb of torque, dyno proven. A few other components like a Holley 735 CFM carburetor that flows 1049 CFM. A Ford 429 block displacing 590 c.i., 429 CJ heads (iron) prepped by BES, 14.5:1 c.r. and a camshaft producing over 9/10" valve lift! 4.11 ring & pinion just behind a C4 transmission. Many other areas of the car was addressed as you can imagine, no stone left un-turned! The part of a car such as Lane Carry's Mustang that really amazes me, the imagination, ingenuity and the will to make it reality! I would be the first to admit, this car like others that compete in F.A.S.T., are not our famed hot rods of the sixty's and seventy's, they are far ahead of what we thought we had back in the day!

Happy Motoring, Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 24th 2011, 10:45 pm

That is completely impressive to get that kind of HP out of something as confined that. These guys are doing something that should be completely impossible with what they are confined with for rules. My hat is off to these guys. Like Randy M said though, 100 hrs on just valve angles.... WOW. Impressive doesn't even come close to describing it.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 24th 2011, 11:32 pm

schmitty wrote:Did you get the numbers out of the Poncho on the dyno that you and Vince were looking for? Cool

We got a little more than expected ... not what we wanted, lol.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 24th 2011, 11:41 pm

Another thing we haven't mentioned,these guy's have SUperb driving talents Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave March 25th 2011, 7:14 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Another thing we haven't mentioned,these guy's have SUperb driving talents Shocked

Yes, the driver is a big part of the equation along with the electronics involved to aid with traction and the application of power. In the article, pictures showed sensors for drive shaft speed, I assume! Can I say "traction control" without getting "hammered"! I watched a few of the cars on video, none of them Lane's Mustang. They seem to get off the line pretty decent. About 100' to 200' out they really began to cover some ground. Also with the cars attitude, that I seen, traction was very much a concern. I would like to see a "top end" picture to see if the shocks allow the car to return to a or near 'rest attitude" for aerodynamics.

Whatever the reason(s) these cars are flying, my hat's off to the guys who do it! It doesn't get much better when guys make the most of what they have !

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  FASTLane March 25th 2011, 8:48 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:Lane should be a member here on this site!

Yes I am a member. It has taken 6 years to get the motor to perform at this level with the rules we have to work with.(must use stock intake, block,heads,and exhaust manifolds.) Last year BES was able to add 125 HP over the previous best combo I had. We tried several intakes, 2 sets of heads, two different carbs and 3 cams to reach 825hp and 800 ftlbs. This year we decided to stop playing and get serious. Dropping in a 4.850 crank in the stock block with a 4.470 bore. 15.1 comp. another set of heads that have been relocated on the block, 2.350 intake, welded ports and chambers to modernized the runners and chambers, and offset the exhaust valves. Trying two new intakes and a new carb from CFM. Hope to make some more power. I'll find out in 3-4 weeks.
The drive shaft sensor is for the RacePak. I use it to decide on the ignition curve, based on track conditions.

FASTLane

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 25th 2011, 6:45 pm

Make sure too post where you will be racing this year. I will make sure and leave my car at home. I would be embarrassed to race my car the same day as you Embarassed MOSTof us here are very proud of you Lane. Keep up the good work brother. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  FASTLane March 26th 2011, 8:54 am

Check the schedule here http://www.fastraces.org/members/fastraces/fastraces.nsf/top-menu-items/ghp16

FASTLane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down