BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got back from racen, with a broke truck

+2
westsideford
Old blue Racin Team
6 posters

Go down

Just got back from racen, with a broke truck Empty Just got back from racen, with a broke truck

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 6th 2009, 12:43 am

I went racen tonight to my local hill and hole track, well it was a fuff pit for anything over street trucks, so I get to the line, picked a decent line, came off the first hill in the air, and it kicked me to the Driverside wall, I hit it hard, went up it, and when i came back down I landed on my passenger front wheel, and I broke either the axle or I hoping the hub, but any ways my front end is welded right now, SO the drivers side wheel kicked me to the passengers side wall which I end up hitting hard, and bought ended up on my lid again, but I got back on track, and came out the hole in 3wd in 14 secs, I figure I bought did 225' in a 200' pit, but anyways, I came out, and didnt get scared and lift, but I broke something in the axle for sure and I aint sure if I bent any of the suspision up yet, but anyways it was a wild ride, but I had fun, and all the spectators were tucken and ducken when I came up on the drivers side wall, but I reckon Ill tear it apart in the morning, and see what I broke

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Old blue Racin Team on September 6th 2009, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Just got back from racen, with a broke truck Empty Re: Just got back from racen, with a broke truck

Post  westsideford September 6th 2009, 12:57 am

Need Video! Arrow
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Just got back from racen, with a broke truck Empty Re: Just got back from racen, with a broke truck

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 6th 2009, 1:05 am

well I would post one, but the cammera lady lost it when i bought rolled the first time so all you can see is me coming off the line them its the ground and a whole lot of hollering
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 6th 2009, 10:47 am

Glad to hear you kept it shiny......er primer side up Larry!!

Hope its not too much to fix.

Guess your camera lady needs some more nerve!! NEVER miss the shot!! lol!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 6th 2009, 10:51 am

billandlori wrote:Glad to hear you kept it shiny......er primer side up Larry!!

Bill

I know, I was madder bout not havin a vid of it than about the truck being broke, but she was worried, when it was on top of the wall headin for a guard rail, so I can understand that but I still wish I had a vid of it
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori September 6th 2009, 10:59 am

Old blue Racin Team wrote:
billandlori wrote:Glad to hear you kept it shiny......er primer side up Larry!!

Bill

I know, I was madder bout not havin a vid of it than about the truck being broke, but she was worried, when it was on top of the wall headin for a guard rail, so I can understand that but I still wish I had a vid of it

Thats understandable!! Things happen pretty quick in the mud pit. I watched a guy catch the side of the pit with a real good workin Blazer and flipped it on its driver's side, sure happened quick!! He was ok, truck took a while to clean up I'm sure....

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 6th 2009, 11:15 pm

well I got her pulled apart, and it broke the long Shaft right at the splines, any body know were the best deals are for a dana 44
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 7th 2009, 8:22 am

I bought the yukon axles 5 years ago and they have held up well much better than stock axles got them at broncograveyard.com
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 September 7th 2009, 8:26 am

Get-er fixed better then before and go again. To bad the video babe lost her nerve!
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 7th 2009, 8:38 am

lghting94 wrote:I bought the yukon axles 5 years ago and they have held up well much better than stock axles got them at broncograveyard.com

Thanks Ill check that out
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 7th 2009, 8:39 am

514Fox87 wrote:Get-er fixed better then before and go again. To bad the video babe lost her nerve!

Yea it is I wanted to see the vid, what of it you could see it was s o fuzzy, if she would of got it, it still might not of been to good Sad Sad Sad Sad
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 7th 2009, 9:38 am

Old blue Racin Team wrote:
lghting94 wrote:I bought the yukon axles 5 years ago and they have held up well much better than stock axles got them at broncograveyard.com

Thanks Ill check that out

www.completeoffroad.com

better prices than JBG and free shipping.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 September 7th 2009, 9:40 am

Larry they are a bit pricey but well worth the money in my opinion. I was breaking axles almost every outing before switching to these haven't replaced one since I also went with the OX joints.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 7th 2009, 9:41 am

Thanks Kris Ill check that out to
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down