BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

safety first

+9
jcoxracing
'65 T-BOLT
bb429power
56Tbird
AZFairlane
the Coug
richter69
whatbumper
cool40
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

safety first - Page 2 Empty Re: safety first

Post  cool40 May 3rd 2011, 6:48 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:I have yet to see a properly installed/used ribbon window net that was really actually "worn out" after only a few years use. And replacing the belts every 2 years on most race cars that most likely spend most of their time stored in a garage/shop (& out of the sun's ultraviolet rays) is major overkill in my opinion. Some of the SFI specs are good, but some are just a money grab.

At this rate it won't be long before they run out of the "major" car/racer related components/parts/apparel to require an SFI spec for. At which point they will have to look at requiring SFI spcs for ridiculous stuff like the screws for Lexan windows, pop-rivets, the bag ice in your drink cooler, & the toilet paper you bring to the track in case the track porta-poty is out of paper. Laughing
it's like goen to the local dmv to buy a tag for a restored car.after the 2nd try you still dont have enough shit to pass.hmmm,why are these outlaw tracks everywhere? i know if my car was rolling at 125mph i'd like to have that window net but if it was on fire i see it as in the way of me get'n my ass out quick.if i had on the fire suit i would'nt be in a hurry tho.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 3rd 2011, 7:32 pm

got the same net I've had for 10 years, they mainly just want there to be one and installed properly ......no zip ties etc lol.

I agree on the belt thing, and the license renewal every 2 years is bullshit also.....reminds me I gotta go get my physical tomorrow............glad insurance pays for it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 3rd 2011, 11:45 pm

richter69 wrote:got the same net I've had for 10 years, they mainly just want there to be one and installed properly ......no zip ties etc lol.

I agree on the belt thing, and the license renewal every 2 years is bullshit also.....reminds me I gotta go get my physical tomorrow............glad insurance pays for it.

what the hells wrong with zip ties? lol! What if they are "heavy duty"?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 3rd 2011, 11:58 pm

whatbumper wrote:
richter69 wrote:got the same net I've had for 10 years, they mainly just want there to be one and installed properly ......no zip ties etc lol.

Hey you two please make this plain please some of intellectual deficient ones on here will get this confused, they probably think you mean Bread ties not the zip ties. just for them you twist the bread ties together at the ends, and the zip ties you pull the strait flat end threw the end with the slit in the little nob on the end and pull till tight.....

ok back to your regularly scheduled program

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon May 4th 2011, 12:00 am

whatbumper wrote:

Lmao,this is getting off topic here......but the other day I put some monster sized zip ties on my buddy's driveshaft on his truck. Very Happy Just had to share that. Lee,are you going back this weekend?
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 4th 2011, 8:37 am

the Coug wrote:
whatbumper wrote:

Hey you two please make this plain please some of intellectual deficient ones on here will get this confused, they probably think you mean Bread ties not the zip ties. just for them you twist the bread ties together at the ends, and the zip ties you pull the strait flat end threw the end with the slit in the little nob on the end and pull till tight.....

ok back to your regularly scheduled program

Randy

everyone knows you have to double up bread ties to be heavy duty. Laughing

Jon gave me a hard time last year because he saw me adding ballast to the car the "outlaw legal" way. Even though we were over weight in Dallas by 40 lbs at 3340, we had to add 52 lbs to make weight (3300 lbs) in Oklahoma. Either Texas weights or Oklahoma weights are different. We were using heavy duty hose clamps to tie on grain elevator weights to the chassis of the car. we had a total of (shhh don't tell the NHRA) 438lbs of ballast in the car at some points last year so we were using anything we could find to bolt it on.

It's not like that now.

If anyone needs ballast weights just let me know and I will melt some down for you. My specialty is cast in a sbc valve cover (52 lbs each). Chevy parts are useful for something.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 4th 2011, 7:22 pm

TVRP is requiring all racers of the PSRA and bracket series to bring their license info etc to the track with them at the next events.............bout time I've been asked to see it since I got the damn thing. Some stuff goin' down, it seems a bunch of the "gang" might not be legal along with a bunch of other shady doings......Ted knows whats up lol.

In a nutshell, TVRP has been pretty lax in the past, but they are going full bore now.............get your safety stuff guys.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl May 4th 2011, 7:54 pm

Them big zip ties really make a racket on a driveshaft if positioned so the end slaps the muffler every rev !!! Kind of like a baseball card in the stokes of a bike!!!!! been there done that!!! 2 zip ties unevenly spaced makes a neat sound !!!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 4th 2011, 8:34 pm

61coon wrote:
whatbumper wrote:

Lmao,this is getting off topic here......but the other day I put some monster sized zip ties on my buddy's driveshaft on his truck. Very Happy Just had to share that. Lee,are you going back this weekend?
i'm gona try.i got a big ass 2500hd looks like it hit a oak tree.the 3/4 ton stuff is hard to pull back out without some heat and BFH.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 6th 2011, 8:28 am

looks like I might have to update my cage, will see after tonight lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle May 6th 2011, 11:02 am

After wrecking our dragster last weekend I say don't skimp on the safety stuff. We had everything required by the rules down to the arm restraints required for open cockpit cars. You never know when you'll need that equipment so make sure you own it, install it and use it properly. My buddy walked away with just one small bruise on his thigh. Other than that he's fine.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 6th 2011, 6:33 pm

i got my new window net and it's in the car too! Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content