BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Different Approach on Rear Suspension

+13
Nevs
56Tbird
Mark Miller
bbf-falcon
res0rli9
ThndrChkn
Wheelie58
'65 T-BOLT
DILLIGASDAVE
95lightiningguy
bruno
dfree383
Fatback
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Different Approach on Rear Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: A Different Approach on Rear Suspension

Post  Ranch71460 October 23rd 2011, 9:40 pm

A great example of putting your imagination to work and thinking outside the fox...er I meant box Exclamation Rolling Eyes What a Face
Nice work man. cheers
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

A Different Approach on Rear Suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: A Different Approach on Rear Suspension

Post  res0rli9 October 23rd 2011, 10:20 pm

Looking Good Smile

What dia. and section width are the back dirt tires. I ran a set of them on the street back in 69' on my 65 Econoline van when I had a 427 in it. 4 spd. on the tree and chock cable for R. Smile

Oh I'll take a ride up there one weekend when I get my lic. back. Rolling Eyes

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback October 24th 2011, 7:41 pm

Thank you all for the kind words. Just wish I had more time (and money) to get it done sooner. Went to the NSRA meet at the Fairgrounds last weekend, and got my fever back up again.

The rear tires are just for mock up. I have a set of Hoosier Pro Street Radials for the back. They measure 31"x 22.5", and are extremely expensive. So I got some of these old dirt tires for free, just for mock up. They are about 1" narrower than the ones I will be useing, but are the same height, so they work well for what I am doing. Going to try to get the bed tacked together this week. If that happens, I will post some pictures. Thanbks again !!

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback December 13th 2011, 5:06 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:Fatback,I own some property in Zephyr Hills.I will be coming that way sometime late fall or early winter. I would like to drop by and see that thing. I like it. :

BBF.............You ever make it down this way yet?)

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 29th 2011, 1:40 am

Wow...What a guy and what a truck and shop. Thanks Mike for your hospitality to Keith and I. I was in awe with all you've got going on !! If any of you guys on this forum ever get to meet Mike and see his truck ,you'll be overly impressed with both. A great guy and just off the hook building skills!! I hope to get to come hang out again next time I'm down here in Florida!! cheers
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 29th 2011, 10:02 am

Mike,I will be down in late Feb/early March to look for Modular home for my Zephyrhills property.I will definately stop by. Dan will fill me in before I get there. Smile I can't wait,it looks killer.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback December 30th 2011, 4:36 pm

Thanks Dan !!! Glad you came by. Welcome back anytime

BBF-Falcon, look me up when your down this way. I don't get on here alot, so PM me ahead of time, or get my number from Dan.

I will try to post some pictures when I get the bed tacked together.

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 30th 2011, 8:03 pm

Mike,just go ahead and pm me your # and I will keep it.And i will call before i come.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 December 31st 2011, 2:11 am

Mike, I also wont to thank you for your hospitality. The truck is just awsome and so is your play pen.
I would have been up sooner to meet you, but the only chauffeur I could get had to from ky. Smile

I also injoyed the story about little pincle neck Laughing

OH! and about that deal.........well lets just say I'll have to renege.

Keith

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 3rd 2012, 9:56 am

Kieth,
Don't be in a hurry to answer. Think about it for a while and get back to me !! LOL

Fatback

Back to top Go down

A Different Approach on Rear Suspension - Page 2 Empty need a...

Post  hpwdboss1 January 4th 2012, 9:27 am

Hey Fatback .. I dont know how to tell you this but... Your truck is makin eyes at me in some of those pics, I showed them to my wife and she said if it follows me home I could maybe keep it!
Great looking stuff! Be proud and loud! cheers
Perry
hpwdboss1
hpwdboss1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback January 5th 2012, 2:26 pm

Thanks Perry. I will try to post some more pics as it comes along. Busy time of the year for me right now, and I don't have alot of time to work on it.

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 6th 2012, 12:58 am

All I can say is W0W. Was able to visit Mike and his crew while I was in Florida. Mike has a First class race car shop w/a first class personality. It was like we knew each other for ever. The dump truck project is pure awesome and is truly gonna be a one of a kind masterpiece. Mike is a master in racecar building and it is well displayed when you see this truck. can't wait too see it finished Mike. Enjoyed my visit and hope the main caps work out. See ya next trip Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fatback March 7th 2012, 2:45 pm

Thank you Rick !! I enjoyed the visit, and your welcome back anytime. If I ever get a chance to get up your way, I will look you up. I want to come see that Falcon !!!

Fatback

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 6th 2014, 10:07 pm

Update. Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon August 7th 2014, 9:49 am

I had forgot about this thread! Let's hear it fatback! Awesome ride!
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 7th 2014, 1:19 pm

F&*^%#G AWESOME!!!! I like it!!!!!!

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2