BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got the truck out this year!

4 posters

Go down

finally got the truck out this year! Empty finally got the truck out this year!

Post  kjett May 31st 2011, 10:53 pm

It's been a while, but I finally was ablt to get the truck out to race with all of the new changes for this year. It's like a totally different truck that I need to get used to again. The new gears and motor work make me shift right off the line and again to 3rd very quickly! I got to meet up with Critter out of NC to run, and I gotta say he's got one fast truck! Considering it's only a 514ci gas motor with no power adders, he hangs not too far off from the alcohol injected, nitrous spraying rail cars! Here's a few vid's of our trucks from this past weekend:

Critter on cuts in X class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-qcT5U1IA

My fail in X class with nitrous. It was my 1st time out with the new setup and the truck launched so hard my hand slipped off the shifter and killed my main fuel pump. Most of the run was done fed from the nitrous fuel pump (DOH!) Embarassed :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J-WnFIDN-E&feature=related

Critter in D class on 39.5's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8BTmGRz3Y&feature=related

Me in D on 39.5's. My time was 4.41 in the 160' pit, I was .5 seconds slower than Critter which took 4th. If I hadn't of missed my 2-3 shift and hit the limiter, I know I would have been faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQOcH3s8F-Y&feature=related
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

finally got the truck out this year! Empty Re: finally got the truck out this year!

Post  crittersf1 June 1st 2011, 6:53 am

You just need some "seat time"
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

finally got the truck out this year! Empty Re: finally got the truck out this year!

Post  kjett June 1st 2011, 9:51 pm

crittersf1 wrote: You just need some "seat time"

You cyber stalking me Shocked

I know, gonna try to get out this weekend back at Lloyds and do some "test runs" to get used to it more. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 June 2nd 2011, 6:51 am

[i]

NAW!
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 2nd 2011, 9:01 am

Looking good !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 2nd 2011, 2:51 pm

THanks Dave. not sure what is making the biggest difference, but between the new gear sets, the opening and blending of the carb pad/runners, and the filling of the exhaust port floors, it's like a whole new truck!
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 8th 2011, 9:44 pm

Hoping I can still whip ya affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 8th 2011, 10:01 pm

crittersf1 wrote:Hoping I can still whip ya affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

There is no doubt in my mind that I will come in 2nd behind you! I'm not even thinking that is an option. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 8th 2011, 10:04 pm

You have to think positive!
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 8th 2011, 10:15 pm

I am. I'm POSITIVE that you have waaay more seat time in your truck as it sits. And I'm POSITIVE that last run my 1st time where EVERYTHING worked right when it was supposed to. Everything else now is going to be up to chance and drawing order. You can literally get on top of the mud with a 6000lb truck, my back end was still down scooping through while the front was dancing. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 8th 2011, 10:25 pm

My truck loves to boogie
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 8th 2011, 10:35 pm

Really, I didn't notice Razz Razz Razz

Looked at the rules for the Doo, and it says bed skins allowed. So does that mean they let people run gutted bed sides like Herbie's truck? Been thinking of making that plunge to compete with the boys up here more, and figure if I have a couple of weeks I can make it happen on mine.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 21st 2011, 8:56 pm

I must have missd this while I was up running in Sturgis. Your truck is hauling the mail there Karl. Critter, that truck of yours gets right with it too. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 21st 2011, 10:04 pm

You missed my last race results. I pulled a 3.8 second pass in the X class (cut tires and nitrous) for a 1st place and the fastest pass of the day! Very Happy

Wait until next week when I make the trip down to NC and run with Critter at his home track.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 21st 2011, 10:40 pm

Ya still want to put my spare brake in this week-end?
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 21st 2011, 10:42 pm

schmitty wrote:I must have missd this while I was up running in Sturgis. Your truck is hauling the mail there Karl.

Critter, that truck of yours gets right with it too. Twisted Evil

Thank you! Cool
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 21st 2011, 11:14 pm

crittersf1 wrote:Ya still want to put my spare brake in this week-end?

I got thinking about that. How am I going to usethe brake when I spray? If I'm holding the button with the go pedal mashed to the floor, the microswitch that emptys the frosty jug will have me spraying right then. I think I need some type of relay control in line to deactivate the nitrous while sitting on the brake.

At the moment, I'm just spraying at WOT, so until I get that sorted out, the only time I could use the brake is on the DOT runs. What ya think?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty August 22nd 2011, 5:55 pm

You don't have to pin the throttle all the way down on the T/B, just go down most of the way, and pin it when you let off of the T/B button. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 22nd 2011, 7:52 pm

schmitty wrote:You don't have to pin the throttle all the way down on the T/B, just go down most of the way, and pin it when you let off of the T/B button. Cool

We'll have to wait for that to sink in! His head's hard enough it won't even grow hair!!! cheers
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett August 23rd 2011, 10:18 am

Easy there "Monster Truck" man! Do I need to post you hair history video here as well???

Shoot me your address and when you want me there Saturday. We are just going to get a hotel in Havelock Friday night since we are coming in so late. I gotta finish putting the rim screws in the front tires tonight so I can keep from spinning them off the beads again Sad
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 16th 2011, 4:25 am

Bump for Karl..... Hows this thing Running?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett October 16th 2011, 7:43 pm

It's been running good. That is until my last race of the season when after my nitrous run the cheapo in cab master switch melted and shut the truck off. I had been chasing a power issue all summer and was thinking my starter was the culprit. I changed it out for a new one and it helped out some, but not completely fixed. Guess I know what it was now....

Time to clean it up and put it on more of a diet. Then give it a little more "strength" training and a makeover for next year. Wink
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down