BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance

5 posters

Go down

TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance Empty TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance

Post  fox331 July 7th 2011, 5:56 pm

What is the conclusion on the new CNC street heads like you see listed "out of the box"? Any actual street or strip builds with dyno or track numbers? Further any testing with the 4500 street intake?
Do they have cobra jet valve locations?

fox331

Back to top Go down

TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance Empty Re: TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance

Post  rmcomprandy July 7th 2011, 6:44 pm

fox331 wrote:What is the conclusion on the new CNC street heads like you see listed "out of the box"? Any actual street or strip builds with dyno or track numbers? Further any testing with the 4500 street intake?
Do they have cobra jet valve locations?

Tests and runs and engines with that intake are all over this forum.
The heads??? Has TFS actually sold any yet?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance Empty Re: TFS CNC Street cylinder head performance

Post  fox331 July 7th 2011, 11:03 pm

Just to clarify, I was wondering if anyone has ran the heads in conjuction with this new intake. I'm wondering about the potential versus a Victor / P51 top end.

fox331

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 8th 2011, 8:04 am

fox331 wrote:Just to clarify, I was wondering if anyone has ran the heads in conjuction with this new intake. I'm wondering about the potential versus a Victor / P51 top end.

Properly Ported P-51's? What CID? What application? Whats the Car Weigh? What Trans?

It already been stated the the New TFS intake is an Improvement over the victor, so why would you handicap the P-51's?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 8th 2011, 10:10 am

My old 529 with ported streets and a well ported victor ran in the 5.70 range for the most part, with the "mafia" intake there was some improvement but not much with that combo.

This 563I have now with ported P51's and the Mafia manifold runs 5.40's Between the 2 combos there is a 7 mph difference in the 1/8th.

Both combos are n/a at a tick over 3000# race weight.

Blake's 557 with the ported streets and mafia intake made 861 or so, his 580 with ported P51's and a "snake modded" victor made just over 1000..............

Out of the box P51's and mafia intake have made well over 900.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  fox331 July 10th 2011, 10:02 am

Thanks for the responses and examples. I was just wondering about a comparison of the TFS CNC streets versus P51's. Obviously there are some stout combos with the P51 heads out of the box. I was hoping the street would be comparable. I have a set of TFS CNC 185 heads on a 331 and they are impressive, so i believe TFS can deliver.

fox331

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 10th 2011, 12:44 pm

fox331 wrote:Thanks for the responses and examples. I was just wondering about a comparison of the TFS CNC streets versus P51's. Obviously there are some stout combos with the P51 heads out of the box. I was hoping the street would be comparable. I have a set of TFS CNC 185 heads on a 331 and they are impressive, so i believe TFS can deliver.

I haven't run a pair of the 325cc TFS CNC heads yet, (because the release date for them is this JULY), I don't know of anyone who has, other than prototypes.

They may deliver around the max flow numbers of a P-51 but, I'm simply making a guess here that the mid-lift air flow numbers won't even be close to what the P-51's flow.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R July 10th 2011, 8:35 pm

Does anyone have a price on them? How would they compare to a set of Blue Thunders with Ford exhaust?

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down