BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted.

+2
bruno
Greg_P
6 posters

Go down

Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted. Empty Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted.

Post  Greg_P September 10th 2009, 11:01 pm

Guy says a couple of wires burned on top of the engine. It's a powerstroke crew cab one ton, so I figure it's worth a look.

Well, after driving an hour with the trailer and all, I get there and see that the dam truck has had a MAJOR engine fire. Like everything forward of the doors is melted.....gone....not there!!!!

I just left before he could even get out to meet us.

What a pisser.

Evil or Very Mad

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted. Empty Re: Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted.

Post  bruno September 10th 2009, 11:02 pm

bamboozled !!!!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted. Empty Re: Went to look at an F350 today, ended up having my time wasted.

Post  69F100 September 10th 2009, 11:21 pm

just think if he said they where a few wires burned the hole truck might have been burned up. sorry to here you wasted your time for nothing before I found my ranger I went and looked at one he said all it needed was a fender when I got there after trying to get a time we could meet when I got there ya it needed a fender + door, side on bed,front bumber,grill the top of the cab was full of bondo cracking all apart look like someone had whiped out a ditch with it. So I know alittle how you fill really wants to make kick off in someone but you did right in my book by just leaving before he got out there.
Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 10th 2009, 11:25 pm

Man what a pain. Why can't people just tell it like it is? I mean what do they think is gonna happen, a guy coming to look at the vehicle isn't gonna see the burned off front end or the wasted body parts??

Oh well.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team September 11th 2009, 9:19 am

THat sucks man, I hate when peolple do that
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon September 11th 2009, 9:29 am

Greg_P wrote:I just left before he could even get out to meet us.
I believe I would have had to at least stay long enough to let the man know what a tool he was.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 11th 2009, 9:32 am

Well, the kinder and gentler Greg was in effect yesterday.

The guy did call after we left, and he's like "hey didn't you want to look at the truck?"

LOL......

I said no thanks.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce September 11th 2009, 9:41 am

Yeah, I feel your pain - been there, done that! Several years ago I saw an ad in a local paper for a 65 Mustang fastback (I dreamt about building a pro street 65 /66 fastback for a long time). The guy only wanted $800.00 for the car, so I called him up and asked all the usual questions. He said it was all there except the engine and transmission, but it was a six cylinder car (four lug wheels, falcon type rear - really didn't matter considering my plans for the car). When I asked him about the condition of the body - he said "IT'S RUST FREE"! That was good enough for me, borrowed the money from my credit union, borrowed a pick up truck from one friend, and borrowed a trailer from another, and away I went! A 45 mile drive brought me to a farm, drove in the driveway, and the first thing I see is this Mustang nose up on an embankment. The first things I noticed was the bottoms of the fenders, doors, and quarter panels were non existant! The carpeting was hanging out where the floor used to be! The rear spring perches were sticking up through the floor, and the shock towers were all but rusted away from the frame rails! At that point I was panicking, and thinking "this CAN'T be the car he was talking about"! That's when "farmer Brown" showed up, I introduced myself, and asked where the car was that he advertised? He said "that's her right there", I said "you told me it was rust free" - he responded by saying "yup - the rust is FREE", and started laughing his ass off! That's when I lunged at him like a rabid wolf after the string of pork chops around his neck! If it wasn't for the quick action of my friend, I would have been in jail for manslaughter!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P September 11th 2009, 11:18 am

WOW, that one takes the cake....... affraid
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down