BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountainview 9-3 races

3 posters

Go down

Mountainview 9-3 races Empty Mountainview 9-3 races

Post  kjett September 4th 2011, 7:46 pm

Had a pretty good day Saturday. Friday night was a late night as my buddy Jeff bought a 90 ranger that was originally set up for pulling with a stroked out windsor motor and the owner started making changes to make it into a mud truck. Other than being too tall and really heavy, we think we can make it into a runner. So against better judgement of not knowing ANYTHING about the truck, he ran it Saturday morning in the 35" class. Found out quickly that it was an open rear and the spider gears must have been broken as it only pulled the front tires. Any way, here's his attempt:

Then came my X class pass. I had an oops at the staging lane with a little jump, then a missed shift from 1st to 3rd. Still pulled a fast enough time to take a 2nd place win. The 1st place truck had me by only .04 seconds! This thing is hitting hard when it's on the frosty jug!

No time to wash, just a quick tire change to be the 1st truck in the hole for C class (39" and down). Made an 8 second pass and I knew it was not even close to the money.

And my last pass in the D class (any DOT tire) for a 3rd place finish. I drew #45, and had 3 trucks after me, 2 of which got the 1st and 2nd place finishes. I pulled a 4.433 second pass too.

Now to clean the truck and get ready for next week down in NC with Critter and Larry. Anyone wanna wash my truck, it's normally black:

Mountainview 9-3 races IMG00132-20110903-2317

Last edited by kjett on September 4th 2011, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Mountainview 9-3 races Empty Re: Mountainview 9-3 races

Post  crittersf1 September 4th 2011, 7:57 pm

Like I said, "C'mon big boy" Exclamation Exclamation clown clown
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett September 4th 2011, 8:00 pm

You stalking me again?? Suspect

Figure I'd post over here for the "big" boys to see what a little motor can do (cough, Schmitty, cough Very Happy )
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 4th 2011, 8:05 pm

You need to get here early enough to help me kill a bottle of Tequila! drunken drunken drunken
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett September 4th 2011, 8:11 pm

I'll be down Friday night. Can't do the tequila, bad memories. Sad I'll bring the rum though! Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 September 4th 2011, 8:43 pm

Wussy?!?!?!
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett September 4th 2011, 8:47 pm

crittersf1 wrote:Wussy?!?!?!

Nah, got alcohol poisoning one night from killing a half gallon in a really short time doing shot for shot with my Navy buddies and I just chucked the glass and guzzled the bottle like a dumb azz. I can't even smell it without wretching. So now a days I just stick to my old standby of rum and cokes or beer.

Or you can just call me a p ussy if you want, cuz I am what I eat. Very Happy
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 4th 2011, 11:45 pm

Sometimes you just have to get back on that horse that bucked you off, plug the nose and swallow. Laughing I don't think I qualify for that "big guy" status though. Laughing Sounds like it's running good Karl, when are you going to come out here and play with us little guys?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett September 5th 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks man. It's been a long time coming for me and this truck. I'm just hoping it lives for a while longer. As for coming out there, I'd like to find a date next year and make the trip out. The problem is the rules I have to go by here allow me to be competitive with the local guys. If I make the trip out there, I have a ton of changes to make to be in a competitive class for my little 466 motor. I'm not scared, just don't being out classed bacause I have the monoleaf and coilovers.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 5th 2011, 11:16 pm

You'd be surprised how well you could hang with some of the trucks around here. Wink
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down