BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Labor Day Norway Pull

4 posters

Go down

Labor Day Norway Pull Empty Labor Day Norway Pull

Post  TRUKPULR September 5th 2011, 9:48 pm

Labor Day Pull in Norway:

Myself and 7 other trucks took a ride up to Norway to help Bob Harris put a pull on at there County Fair. We had Derek Peetz, Tom Scheffen, Steve Swanson, Mike Kauss, Ed McClain and Billy Buck Kirschner brought two trucks there Dirty Deeds, and Thunder Struck.
Well I pull into the track area at 11:30 am and Bob told me they where almost done with the tractors and the trucks would be starting in 30 minutes and the two local Gas classes they have only had 6 truck in one and 2 in the other so they put the Super Stock trucks after them and then they had two Diesel classes with 8 in the stock class and 4 in the hopped up Diesel class and then they'd run the Mod trucks.
Well I was 3rd puller in both classes When it was time for the Super stocks I ended up finishing 4th in that class with Ed McClain taking 1st. Once again there wasn't anything to hook to there and I had to much power to get a handle on what was there. Everyone with any power ended up down in the pack. So I switched to my Mod Tires and waited for Mod class to come up. Well after the Diesels class they watered the track down some and run the stock diesel class again to work the track in. So Mod class came up at 2:00 pm , As I pulled the chain tight I eased ShaZam as best I could to keep the tires hooked But 50 feet out it all went to hell and the tach took off to Zing Zing land, And as I hit the 275 foot mark I heard my motor lose a Cylinder so I shut it down and coasted to 280.36 .. Got pulled back to my trailer and pulled the valve covers to see I had pulled another Stud boss out of the head on the Driver side.
So my Pulling season has come to and end this year. Fixing the head is easy but there's only 3 pulls left to this season. And this year I blew up to many times. So it's time to pull the motor out and sent it back to the Race Shop and have them figure out what's going on in my valve train and get it fixed before I wreck the motor even worst then I have so far.

So this is the last story for the year.

It's time for me to go into my blue funk mode now, So until next year hope you all had a good time reading about ShaZam's adventures during the summer months and all the boners I've pulled over the year.

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Labor Day Norway Pull Empty Re: Labor Day Norway Pull

Post  69F100 September 5th 2011, 10:49 pm

Dan I hate to hear of you bad luck again good luck on finding the problem maybe your engine builder can find out what is happening.We will miss reading your weekend write up on the pulling trucks.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M September 7th 2011, 1:55 pm

69F100 wrote:Dan I hate to hear of you bad luck again good luck on finding the problem maybe your engine builder can find out what is happening.We will miss reading your weekend write up on the pulling trucks.

Jim

Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 8th 2011, 10:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the bad luck there Dan, but you can build it bigger, faster, and better for next year. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down