BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

+17
John Myrick
Lem Evans
Wheelie58
TRUKPULR
Mike R
512Fairlane
res0rli9
knrclark
'65 T-BOLT
Curt
IDT-572
cool40
hillbillyerv
BigDave65
jasonf
Race Ready Fabrications
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** Empty The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 8:02 am

Well it was a crazy night for me at the track last night. We had our church's youth group come check us out so I was looking forward to having a good night. First pass in my car at about 600' motor makes a weird noise, I look down to see no oil pressure. As soon as i put it in neutral and clicked the ignition off car made a hellacious vibration and there she blew. Got pulled off and outta the car, oil and water pooring from under the tire. Get it back to the pits, 4 holes in the oil pan, window in the block and the pans pushed so far out I can see half a rod laying in the bottom of the pan. Evil or Very Mad

So, without hesitation my dad tells me to jump in his pink car and him and I will just run back to back. I was running pro which allows transbrakes in his foot brake car. Man what a night of racing, whooped up on heavy hitters almost every round. My average light was .028 all night long. Dad was killin em in sportsman too. Needless to say we doubled up on wins last night. It was awesome to be able to win back to back like that. And I got some cash in my pocket for the new short block. cheers

I'll get some pics of the ugly up after work today. I'm kinda looking forward to a new short block.

Last edited by Race Ready Fabrications on September 11th 2011, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** Empty Re: The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

Post  jasonf September 11th 2011, 8:36 am

Man that sucks about the motor. I was looking forward to seeing your car at BG.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** Empty Re: The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

Post  BigDave65 September 11th 2011, 8:52 am

Hate that you tore it up, but congrats on the two wins.
BigDave65
BigDave65

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv September 11th 2011, 10:04 am

that sucks, hope heads are ok, at least the kids still had a good show. Congrats on the Wins cheers
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 10:35 am

jasonf wrote:Man that sucks about the motor. I was looking forward to seeing your car at BG.

I'll still be there, just driving my dads black '69 mach 1.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 10:37 am

Also...on the pass it grenaded, car ran it's best pass ever 6.16 @114.84MPH!!! With a lousy 1.426 60'. Oh well, I guarnatee the new motor will be fast!!!!! Twisted Evil
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 11th 2011, 11:10 am

wow,that does suck.......kinda.you taking it good tho.lol. whats the next build gona be? nice win too!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 September 11th 2011, 11:40 am

Sorry to hear the news about your engine, Congrats on turning the day around! Very Happy
Same thing happen to me @ 2010 Ford Bash.

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 11:46 am

cool40 wrote:wow,that does suck.......kinda.you taking it good tho.lol. whats the next build gona be? nice win too!

The next build...well I'm not sure yet. Prolly gonna ask a lot of really silly questions in engine tech here shortly to figure it out. lol I may have to sit out a while to get what I want, but we'll see. A460 block in the 545-563" range is where I'm thinking right now.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 11th 2011, 2:47 pm

Hate to hear about your bad luck............... Can't wait to see what you decide to build back.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 11th 2011, 3:24 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:car ran it's best pass ever 6.16 @114.84MPH!!! With a lousy 1.426 60'.

Don't they say, "Its always fastest, right before it lets go"?

Sorry about your bad luck and congrats on the good. cheers
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT September 11th 2011, 4:41 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
cool40 wrote:wow,that does suck.......kinda.you taking it good tho.lol. whats the next build gona be? nice win too!

The next build...well I'm not sure yet. Prolly gonna ask a lot of really silly questions in engine tech here shortly to figure it out. lol I may have to sit out a while to get what I want, but we'll see. A460 block in the 545-563" range is where I'm thinking right now.
i'd do a 598
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** Empty Sorry.

Post  knrclark September 11th 2011, 5:55 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but congrats on the win.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 11th 2011, 6:19 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:
Race Ready Fabrications wrote:

i'd do a 598

X2 598 for the win Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** Empty Congrats

Post  512Fairlane September 11th 2011, 8:55 pm

Congrats on the win. That sucks that you blew it up but now you get to look forward to the next one that will be bigger and better. Very Happy
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 10:13 pm

As promised here are some pics of the carnage

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** BOOM001
The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** BOOM003
The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** BOOM004
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R September 11th 2011, 10:33 pm

Nothing more satisfying than a job well done Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  TRUKPULR September 11th 2011, 10:36 pm

Little JB weld will fix her right up.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 September 11th 2011, 10:37 pm

Hell nothing a little supper glue cant fix affraid
What brand rods are they.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 11th 2011, 10:40 pm

Who says aluminum isn't stronger than iron. No
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 10:48 pm

res0rli9 wrote:Hell nothing a little supper glue cant fix affraid
What brand rods are they.

Venolia
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 11th 2011, 10:49 pm

You guys crack me up!!! Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 September 11th 2011, 11:07 pm

Nice job on the wins! I hate to hear about anyone breaking parts.....especially an engine. wow...
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 12th 2011, 8:55 am

Was the rod bearing black/blue?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 September 12th 2011, 9:07 am

As a buddy of mine says (Heck it will buff out).................... Very Happy

Piston skirts look like they were galled. Black death, but maybe it's just the shadow on the picture.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next