BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

+16
jones
svted
TopSportsman916
69F100
jbozzelle
Doug Rahn
DILLIGASDAVE
LivermoreDave
Jeff Chandler
westsideford
Moodyblues
richter69
TravisRice
bbf-falcon
Nevs
David Willingham
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop Empty Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

Post  David Willingham December 26th 2009, 8:35 pm

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0215

In this pic below, you can see the chain-drive mock-up fixture.

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0217

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0218

You can see the new footbox and re-designed header to fit around it. It's nice to have some foot room now.

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0224

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0226

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0228

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop 100_0231
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop Empty Re: Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

Post  Nevs December 26th 2009, 8:45 pm

Looking good, David! Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop Empty Re: Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

Post  bbf-falcon December 26th 2009, 9:16 pm

Nice work David, I want to see that thang run. And I wish you could have made the Columbus swap, we had a blast.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice December 26th 2009, 10:26 pm

Looks real nice David. How does the chain drive work if you are trying to do a quick recovery?? Just wondering if it has any play or lash so to speak. Interesting concept.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 26th 2009, 10:39 pm

That offset for the steering shaft is pretty slick............. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 26th 2009, 10:55 pm

Looking fast!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham December 27th 2009, 12:14 am

Thanks guys! There will be no slack in the chain. It will tightened with a jam bolt and teflon.I am going to build it to fit the chain tight, but I will have the teflon for backup.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford December 27th 2009, 1:29 am

What changed in the last few years? Looks the same the last time I saw it a couple of forums ago?

cat
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff Chandler December 27th 2009, 2:54 am

Wow, looks great David. I need to make a road trip to your shop soon.
Jeff Chandler
Jeff Chandler

http://www.crc2.net

Back to top Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop Empty NICE WORK!

Post  LivermoreDave December 27th 2009, 8:27 am

David, your expertise is showing!

Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 27th 2009, 11:21 am

westsideford wrote:What changed in the last few years? Looks the same the last time I saw it a couple of forums ago?

Does anyone have some spare reading glasses les can borrow so he can read/see what David posted? Rolling Eyes Laughing I see a number of changes new pics vs some of the older pics les, take another look.

Has the rear wing uprights size/layout been finalized yet David? Keep working at it. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn December 27th 2009, 11:53 am

Looking good David. Damn shame you don't live closer, I'd come over and give you a hand. cheers Yea Les, you need glasses cyclops
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 27th 2009, 11:57 am

Looking good David. How will you access that rear header bolt on the drivers side since the footbox is roomier now?

Keep up the work. It'll be nice to see another truck at the Bash...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs December 27th 2009, 12:02 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Looking good David. How will you access that rear header bolt on the drivers side since the footbox is roomier now?

Keep up the work. It'll be nice to see another truck at the Bash...

That does look like it could be a little tight doesn't it?!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 27th 2009, 12:15 pm

Actually after looking at it again from the inside the truck picture it looks fairly roomy.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 December 27th 2009, 2:03 pm

Nice fab work I like fast trucks looks great keep us posted on the up dates
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham December 27th 2009, 2:11 pm

First off, Les I don't have time anymore to work on the truck so I subbed it out to Jerry Rasbury Fabrication. He does work for a lot of Promod guys such as Jason Scruggs and a few other I can't think of their names right now. I used to have a straight firewall even with the back of the block. At 5'8", even I was scrunched up with my knees on each side of the steering wheel. Jerry was going to move the engine forward until we scaled it and found it had 48% over the rear tires. He then decided to do a foot box. He built it and moved the pedals. He built the gas pedal and ran the cable. He re-built the headers to clear the foot box and turned them out to make the truck quieter on the inside. He built the upper firewall tin pieces and re-done the steering setup with the chain drive. There are a lot of other little things he has done, but he is just getting started good.

The header bolts will probably be tight when he puts the sheetmetal in. I'll mention it to Jerry. I've got to build the chain drive box now as the one in the pic was just a mock-up fixture I built for Jerry. I am thinking it will take another year to finish the truck.

Dave, I told Jerry to put the tabs for a wing on the upper rear framerail and do nothing else. The bedcover is going to made from carbon fiber.

Jeff, pics were taken at Jerry Rasbury's in Detriot, AL. You are welcome to come by my shop anytime. I'm three miles from the end of hwy 67. Just give me a call. 205-559-2569

Thanks,
David
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TopSportsman916 December 27th 2009, 9:26 pm

Looking good David !!! Very Happy Very Happy
TopSportsman916
TopSportsman916

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice December 27th 2009, 10:13 pm

Again, Looks real nice David. Was wondering where you came up with the idea for the chain driven steering ?? Does someone else run one or is it a concept of your own?? Anyways cool deal anyway you look at it.

Les, if you set up in your chair you can see the sign that says you have to be this tall to ride this ride, of coarse I am sure you have seen Yogi Bear with his arm out before, so go play on the bumper cars kid.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham December 27th 2009, 10:27 pm

Actually, Jerry Rasbury came up with it. I have never seen anything like this on a drag car either, but he had built one for an old hot rod and wanted to do it, so I went along. When I get it done, I'm going to abuse it to see if I can break it, but I think the stilleto rack may give up before the chain does. I had thought about using a gearbox with bevel gears, but I think I like this better. I would like a straight shot to the rack, but that's just not going to happen.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice December 27th 2009, 10:38 pm

I for one just find the concept interesting. study Keep us updated, always liked this truck. You got any of the pics of your truck yet before you started , sitting outside of your front porch at your house?? I really liked it then too.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  svted December 28th 2009, 11:38 am

That a boy Dave. Lookin good. Ed
svted
svted

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 28th 2009, 12:27 pm

Looking good, it nice to see your truck coming along.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  fordtek1 December 28th 2009, 8:42 pm

David, looks awesome......

fordtek1

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 21st 2010, 5:07 pm

David any updates on the chassis ???

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next