BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

+17
John Myrick
Lem Evans
Wheelie58
TRUKPULR
Mike R
512Fairlane
res0rli9
knrclark
'65 T-BOLT
Curt
IDT-572
cool40
hillbillyerv
BigDave65
jasonf
Race Ready Fabrications
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** - Page 2 Empty Re: The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

Post  John Myrick September 12th 2011, 9:08 am

Lem Evans wrote:Was the rod bearing black/blue?

Yep......one blue that way >>>>>
and one blue this way <<<<< Smile

Sucks about the engine
Congrats on the wins

-John
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** - Page 2 Empty Re: The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics****

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 9:41 am

Lem Evans wrote:Was the rod bearing black/blue?

No sir, bearings looked good other than the fact they were twisted like pretzels!! Laughing
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 9:44 am

IDT-572 wrote:As a buddy of mine says (Heck it will buff out).................... Very Happy

Piston skirts look like they were galled. Black death, but maybe it's just the shadow on the picture.

I'm looking at the piston now(it's my new paper weight at my work desk) and it's not black. Looks to me like the rod just gave way.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 12th 2011, 7:59 pm

It looks to me, that the rod said enough is enough and split ways with the piston. Embarassed
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 12th 2011, 8:25 pm

Well......looks like aluminium rods do not have an unlimited duty cycle.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 8:32 pm

Curt wrote:It looks to me, that the rod said enough is enough and split ways with the piston. Embarassed

Lem Evans wrote:Well......looks like aluminium rods do not have an unlimited duty cycle.

This set of rods had well over 300 passes on them. Guess that was more than enough Very Happy
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  racnrick September 12th 2011, 8:55 pm

That sucks Exclamation Sad
I think this is where a main girdle would have been helpful cheers , preferable a ProComp Exclamation Razz No

racnrick

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 12th 2011, 8:56 pm

sorry to hear about your engine and im sure the next will be even nastier !!!!!! oh and congrats on your double wins cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 12th 2011, 9:10 pm

Race Ready Fabrications wrote:
Curt wrote:It looks to me, that the rod said enough is enough and split ways with the piston. Embarassed

Lem Evans wrote:Well......looks like aluminium rods do not have an unlimited duty cycle.

This set of rods had well over 300 passes on them. Guess that was more than enough Very Happy
any reason you went with aluminum rods? big nos hit?
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 9:53 pm

cool40 wrote:

any reason you went with aluminum rods? big nos hit?

No reason other than they were in the motor when I bought it. Couldn't pass this motor up for $2500, ran 6.30's for almost 4 seasons. It's been a good motor, it just decided I needed something bigger!!! cheers And I gotta agree.....I need something bigger!!!!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 9:55 pm

racnrick wrote:That sucks Exclamation Sad
I think this is where a main girdle would have been helpful cheers , preferable a ProComp Exclamation Razz No

Something to think about for the new motor Suspect ................NOT
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 12th 2011, 9:56 pm

so much for aluminum rods not destroying everything when they let go......................

.........I always look at a failure as just a unplanned upgrade................. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 9:59 pm

richter69 wrote:so much for aluminum rods not destroying everything when they let go......................

.........I always look at a failure as just a unplanned upgrade................. Wink

Funny thing is I've been looking at terminator systems and the possibility of building a new short block the last few weeks. Looks like the rod made up my mind for me LOL
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 10:06 pm

Winners Circle Photo!!!!!

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** - Page 2 001
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 12th 2011, 10:08 pm

well...........what kinda aluminum rods are you gona buy for the new build? Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 10:09 pm

cool40 wrote:well...........what kinda aluminum rods are you gona buy for the new build? Razz

Not happening even if they were FREE!!!! lol!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 September 12th 2011, 10:12 pm

lots of guys run the scat,i have'nt.the oliver's have sure been good to me.Lem just sent me another set for the 605.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 12th 2011, 10:14 pm

Nothing wrong with aluminum rods, but you have to keep an eye on them and consider them part of the expendable parts. With high compression, blower or n2o, they will sure make life easy on the crank.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

The good....the bad.....the ugly!!!!!!****Updated with Pics**** - Page 2 Empty Isn't your Dad's 56 a stick car?

Post  512Fairlane September 12th 2011, 10:16 pm

Am I mistaken or did that pink car have a stick in it?
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 10:17 pm

cool40 wrote:lots of guys run the scat,i have'nt.the oliver's have sure been good to me.Lem just sent me another set for the 605.

Talked with Charlie tonight and his suggestion were the scats or eagles and upgrade to the L19 bolts. Looks like the new bullet will be a 545, DOVE-A block, SCAT 4340 crank from Adney with my TFS streets. Should be a thumper.......
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 10:18 pm

512Fairlane wrote:Am I mistaken or did that pink car have a stick in it?

It did at the Bash this year. He smoked the clutch a few weeks back so he swapped the C6 back in.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane September 12th 2011, 10:28 pm

I was wondering what happened to it at the bash. I wanted to get a closer look at it but by the time I made it over you were gone. Congrats again on the wins.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 12th 2011, 10:33 pm

512Fairlane wrote:I was wondering what happened to it at the bash. I wanted to get a closer look at it but by the time I made it over you were gone. Congrats again on the wins.

I didn't get to go to the bash this year, stupid work. My dad and brother were there tho....
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 12th 2011, 10:37 pm

cool40 wrote:lots of guys run the scat,i have'nt.the oliver's have sure been good to me.Lem just sent me another set for the 605.

Talked with Charlie tonight and his suggestion were the scats or eagles and upgrade to the L19 bolts. Looks like the new bullet will be a 545, DOVE-A block, SCAT 4340 crank from Adney with my TFS streets. Should be a thumper.......

L19 Shocked Surprised

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 12th 2011, 10:44 pm

no L19's if your gonna run methanol............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next