BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner with bbf 514

4 posters

Go down

Beginner with bbf 514 Empty Beginner with bbf 514

Post  bbf514 October 5th 2011, 6:38 pm

hi Ford friends,i have the chance to put together a big block,good price for the package,i dont have any experience with big blocks,at this point only in small block 302,this is what i have for the big block,block based 460 it is .30 and stroke to 514 the crankshaft said 4.150 check if correct? i have to buy rods and new pistons,the rods are aluminum and the pistons are JE flat,the heads are cobra jets and it is work so they are right now about 72cc i dont know if they could go lower,the rods tear apart about 3 of them and some pistons damaged,it seems they put nitrous on it and someone tell me that the compression was high but they were thinking that it was low,im waiting for the cam sheet to get the numbers it was a crower cam solid roller,im not going to use the cam probably,my project would be high compression,never nitrous,never turbo or any power add, only gas,help with a agressive combination cam and pistons for this,i have the eagle h-rods that im planning to use,i have good crankshaft,good damper,good lifters if i could use them with the new cam,good rollers,good pushrods,intake is edelbrok looks like a giant octopus very impressive,good deep crank,pump,ignition msd,someone told me that i could better the heads changing the big valve for the next one,i think the most could handle is 2.25,i have to replace only one set,advice on this? i saw some cams about 7500 8500 but i dont know how high these engines could go up,the set up im looking for is agressive but not to the limit since the car is going for bracket race,my car is a mustang 93 lx convert to a body kit,face fiber,hatchback door fiber,doors fiber,hood fiber,side front panel fiber,the rear has 35 spline axles,spool from Strange,front has UPR crossmember and all others parts upr,could this handle the weight of this monster? do i have to do any mods to the front chassis? i know this is few things in mind but it is like a kid with a new toy. Best Regards

bbf514

Back to top Go down

Beginner with bbf 514 Empty Re: Beginner with bbf 514

Post  69F100 October 5th 2011, 8:29 pm

69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman October 17th 2011, 1:46 pm

Welcome to the family. You are going to love the BBF over any small block. Whole different world.

So you have a busted up stroker you acquired with CJ's? The heads are ok?

What compression are you aiming for? What type/length of rod do you have that you are intending to use?

Ther are a ton of solid combos to be found through out this site. You are in the right place.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 17th 2011, 2:29 pm

just to make sure you are not mislead a 4.39 bore x 4.15 crank is a 502 not a 514
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Beginner with bbf 514 Empty Beginner with a BBF 514?

Post  bbf514 October 28th 2011, 8:34 am

hi,thank you very much for the ones that replay me,im collecting more info about the engine and all the parts,it seems that the rods are 6.7 not 6.8 that i was told anyway im going with the project since i got a good deal,the heads has some repair to be done,let me collect all the info on everything, im planning to move the engine and all his parts next week and i can send photos of the engine,i want to get the best that i can from it but not to the limits that put the engine in danger,again thanks ill be posting very soon.

bbf514

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down