BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opinions on a beginner plate

+3
whatbumper
gmsmkr
bonfire
7 posters

Go down

opinions on a beginner plate Empty opinions on a beginner plate

Post  bonfire July 17th 2015, 9:52 am

So I have not used nitrous since the days of the NOS 5115 mustang 5.0 dry kit. Looking for some input on a 4150 plate kit. Not looking for he cheapest, I'm too old and a little wiser now for that). but something quality and flexible that I can grow into. Please excuse the terminology as I know most serious nitrous guys refer to the amount by jet size...I'm not there yet. I would likely start with 100hp shot and maybe grow to a max of 250hp shot. I look at the IS and other kits online and its difficult for me to tell the difference between them. Don't mind spending extra for a better product and I'd rather spend more now that have to buy it twice

TIA

Bill

bonfire

Back to top Go down

opinions on a beginner plate Empty Re: opinions on a beginner plate

Post  gmsmkr July 17th 2015, 4:37 pm

I start all my first time nitrous users on a NX kit it reasonably priced and gives them room to grow and once they are comfortable with the use on it and tunning I talk them into a upgrade when they are ready for more motor and nitrous use.... I suggest Induction solution direct port setup. Steve is the man when it comes to nitrous. The money spent with him is well worth every penny.

Hope this helps with your nitrous quest
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 17th 2015, 5:33 pm

PM sent.

We are in love with plates. Our X275 guys (weight break) and Limited 275 guys (no weight break) are switching over to plates this year. We have some pretty cool stuff in conjunction with NX.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno July 17th 2015, 5:40 pm

Definitely give Steve a call @ induction solutions, he has great service especially after the sale. !!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 17th 2015, 6:49 pm

X2 on induction solutions, ive used NX stuff and never was impressed w it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr July 17th 2015, 9:33 pm

I forgot about 2JM,,, Justin a.k.a. (whatbumper) and them are great to deal with also
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 17th 2015, 11:49 pm

gmsmkr wrote:I forgot about 2JM,,, Justin a.k.a. (whatbumper) and them are great to deal with also

Thanks.

With the power level he is looking for there are a multitude of systems that would fit. IS is some nice stuff too like Jon said above. NX, IS, Speedtech, TRE, Edelbrock are the stuff we deal with the most and all use high quality parts and fittings. For the plates we really like the billet NX stuff the best but have seen good things with the others a well. Some other companies use cheap fittings and other parts that have a lot of flaws and inconsistent machining but they all can be fixed.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 July 18th 2015, 11:27 am

richter69 wrote:X2 on induction solutions, ive used NX stuff and never was impressed w it.

X1000
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  bonfire July 18th 2015, 9:15 pm

Thx fellas. Seems like the biggest difference from one kit to another is the plate design itself. Perimeter holes, cross bars, parallel bars. pucks, spikes , more holes , directional holes , billet plate , etc. Is any of this stuff an actual improvement/advantage over another Or just marketing and 'patent pending ' gimmicks? Is a direct port flogger inherently superior to a plate due to individual cylinder tune ability or is it just with 8 fuel and nitrous jets one can simply spray more N20 volume. Keeping in mind most of us are not heads up or class racing I'm most interested in keeping the thing together

bonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  kim July 18th 2015, 10:44 pm

The plates sitting in close proximity to the carb can shock the air flow, and thus the NA fuel delivery when you start getting into large volumes and or On the line hits. Trick carbs came about by getting the fuel delivery out the boosters down to 3" vacuum instead of the standard 13" as holley originally designed.

The direct port nozzles further down the intake runner get hit with a greater intake charge "mass" because of velocity and that enables the nozzle to deliver more fuel and N2O, without shocking the carb(s).

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 18th 2015, 10:59 pm

The man asked about no more than a 250 shot. Pretty much anything of quality will work. Buy from someone you will get service from.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  kim July 19th 2015, 12:38 am

Just explaining where the nozzles come into play.  250 shot...  quality plate fine.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  bonfire July 19th 2015, 5:12 pm

Cool. At what point is a point is a fogger recommended?

bonfire

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 19th 2015, 7:37 pm

bonfire wrote:Cool. At what point is a point is a fogger recommended?

Any power level. You can tailor each cylinder easier. Because of weight breaks most of my customers are switching to plates. Except for the guys spraying 58's or more.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 July 20th 2015, 1:41 pm

Even if your only spraying 250, I'd get the system flowed. I've seen NOS stuff, NX Stuff, Nitrous Outlet Stuff be boogered up from the factory. Learn how to read plugs/timing marks, understand what YOUR combo likes, reading the MPH and know when to add more/less fuel/timing. Creep up on it, remember that fat can be worse than lean, etc.

When in doubt, leave the jets out lol!
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 20th 2015, 11:43 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:Even if your only spraying 250, I'd get the system flowed. I've seen NOS stuff, NX Stuff, Nitrous Outlet Stuff be boogered up from the factory. Learn how to read plugs/timing marks, understand what YOUR combo likes, reading the MPH and know when to add more/less fuel/timing. Creep up on it, remember that fat can be worse than lean, etc.

When in doubt, leave the jets out lol!

Yep, I agree about flowing the systems. That's why we flow everything unless the customer specifically asks otherwise.

Speaking of leaving the jet out, we will be doing that very shortly in one of our custom plates. All I can say is that it flows xxxx #'s of n2o. Lol. Getting it ready to run X.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down