BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tuning questions

+5
badcoupe
Induction-Solutions
studly
whatbumper
bruno
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tuning questions  - Page 2 Empty Re: tuning questions

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 1:09 pm

Yes on both accounts guys but you'll make more power on Q16. Almost 3 full seasons and counting.....
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer December 4th 2011, 2:30 pm

I would be interested on hearing then some info about your tune up and any insight you could give me on a 16:1 motor wanting to run a 200 shot via a 1 stage fogger system with a progressive controller. Motor made the best power on the engine dyno at 30 degrees, on the track at 32 degrees -- all motor.

I would like to stay with the Q16 as that is what I run on all motor, and it would be certainly easier for me to run the same gas whether it be all motor or a nitrous pass.

I was thinking of starting off at 20 degrees, and starting with just a 125 and do some 1/8th mile passes, monitor the plugs, and work my way up to the 200. I would guess I should be at 22 degrees with the 200, all in by 1.5 seconds, but want to sneak up on it because of the consequences if I am wrong.

Anyway I don't want to sidetrack the thread but since you have been running Q16 for 3 years is obvious you have it right and just want some feedback if you could.
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 4th 2011, 3:23 pm

on a 16-1 deal and q16 .....uh i would be very careful spraying 200

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer December 4th 2011, 3:52 pm

bruno wrote:on a 16-1 deal and q16 .....uh i would be very careful spraying 200

yeah that is why the guy was saying go with VP n02
psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 6:04 pm

Well boys, without giving too many secrets away....

I'm at 15:1 and have sprayed 300ish through a Big Shot plate. Mid thirties on total timing, pulling 18-23 degrees out. I have popped a few HG's because we were off 2 degrees on timing, so yes, it is delicate. We have seen dyno pull after dyno pull and Q16 always made more power than C16 and VP No2. But people are scared to experiment with it, especially when even VP tells you they don't recommend it! I'm adding a 2nd kit next year and will continue to use it until someone can physically prove to me that I shouldn't be doing it.

I might add that jet spread in the system(s) will differ from other fuels as well because the fuel is oxygenated.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 6:15 pm

psfracer wrote:I would like to stay with the Q16 as that is what I run on all motor, and it would be certainly easier for me to run the same gas whether it be all motor or a nitrous pass.

I was thinking of starting off at 20 degrees, and starting with just a 125 and do some 1/8th mile passes, monitor the plugs, and work my way up to the 200. I would guess I should be at 22 degrees with the 200, all in by 1.5 seconds, but want to sneak up on it because of the consequences if I am wrong.

Starting slow is correct but I would pull 2 more degrees out....18 total with the system on. My deal runs best on HP with 36 total timing. Like I said above, I typically pull 5-6 degrees more timing out, as compared to C16, because of the oxygenation. I learned the hard way. The system will also want more FP and/or more fuel jet than usually suggested as well. I have had several conversations with Patrick @ Prosystems regarding his thoughts on Q16 and basically figured out that fuel is our friend, both on the carb and Nitrous side. I plan on having IS do some plumbing work for me and I'm sure that I'll learn a bunch of stuff from Steve as well.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  studly December 6th 2011, 1:18 pm

bruno wrote:
studly wrote:I ran c16 on my big block up to 300hp worth of nitrous, anything over that i switched to vpno2

did you change your tuneups with the vpn02 fuel ?

i did not see a noticable differance usually made a pass, then read plugs and go from there with fuel pressure and timing but never needed to change jets to fix a rich or lean conditions
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  studly December 6th 2011, 1:28 pm

psfracer wrote:
studly wrote:I ran c16 on my big block up to 300hp worth of nitrous, anything over that i switched to vpno2

bruno wrote:

did you change your tuneups with the vpn02 fuel ?

What compression do both of you run?

studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2