BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Dogs and WORK !

+17
bbf-falcon
IDIeselman
bruno
RapidRuss
Curt
jesse
69F100
schmitty
56Tbird
D. Sea
IcallhimGeorge
gdog
TravisRice
Lem Evans
4thHorseman
maverick
c.evans
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Old Dogs and WORK ! Empty Old Dogs and WORK !

Post  c.evans September 16th 2009, 1:29 am

Hey guys,

Randy Malik and your Uncle Charlie just put in a 20 hr day. Up at 4:15 this morning (Tuesday), left and drove 6 hrs to Comp Cams in Memphis, dynoed an engine, tore it down for inspection and photos, buttoned it back up and loaded it in the truck, left there at closing time and just got back home at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday. On the way down we dropped in and had breakfast with Randy Moore at Benton, KY. Unfortunately it wasn't a Ford, it was Randy's Mopar engine for a contest that the magazine, Mopar Muscle was having.

Now then, if you young guys ain't working 20 hr days, on your racecar, engine and etc., then get up off the couch and get to work!!! It ain't goin' go fast unless you bust that azz working on it! Very Happy Twisted Evil Laughing

Take care,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Old Dogs and WORK ! Empty Re: Old Dogs and WORK !

Post  maverick September 16th 2009, 9:07 am

Awright, awright!!....I'm going....I'm going. Mad Slavedriver. Razz
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman September 16th 2009, 10:13 am

Well said. How many times I've had pals roll their junk out and run some dissapointing pass and wonder why - when they haven't shown their car love in weeks. Constant work gets it done.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans September 16th 2009, 10:15 am

Would someone PLEASE brag on Charlie so he'll quit bragging on himself ? Rolling Eyes

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice September 16th 2009, 10:49 am

c.evans wrote:Hey guys,

Randy Malik and your Uncle Charlie just put in a 20 hr day. Up at 4:15 this morning (Tuesday), left and drove 6 hrs to Comp Cams in Memphis, dynoed an engine, tore it down for inspection and photos, buttoned it back up and loaded it in the truck, left there at closing time and just got back home at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday. On the way down we dropped in and had breakfast with Randy Moore at Benton, KY. Unfortunately it wasn't a Ford, it was Randy's Mopar engine for a contest that the magazine, Mopar Muscle was having.

Now then, if you young guys ain't working 20 hr days, on your racecar, engine and etc., then get up off the couch and get to work!!! It ain't goin' go fast unless you bust that azz working on it! Very Happy Twisted Evil Laughing

Take care,

Charlie Evans

Usually when I reach 12hrs a day working on a vehicle or engine to maintain it chances are you are going to see it on the Auction Block Exclamation Razz Laughing Just kidding, guess I better get off of here and do something................. Like DFree says ....... Fat , Drunk , and Stupid are no way to go through life son !!

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gdog September 16th 2009, 11:08 am

Randy and Charlie, leading the charge from the tip of the arrow.
And then there is Lem….
BTW the Dfree statement, I resemble that remark.

Thanks,
Gordon
gdog
gdog
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge September 16th 2009, 12:10 pm

Id have to work a year of 20hr days to make my junk run like your stuff so I think for now Ill settle.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 16th 2009, 12:12 pm

That's too much like work. Where's my remote Suspect

Old Dogs and WORK ! CatRemote
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 16th 2009, 12:17 pm

I just hope that 20 hour day don't get Charlie down for 2 or 3 days... affraid I wanna run them Street heads this weekend bounce bounce Very Happy If I do a 20hr. day now , it takes me 2 days to get back to normal(well as close to normal as I can be) lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea September 16th 2009, 12:21 pm

56Tbird wrote:I just hope that 20 hour day don't get Charlie down for 2 or 3 days... affraid I wanna run them Street heads this weekend bounce bounce Very Happy If I do a 20hr. day now , it takes me 2 days to get back to normal(well as close to normal as I can be) lol!

That's open to interpretation and one's perception of "Normal" In your case, you are far from normal to begin with Razz lol!

p.s. My converter is on the way home. I'll get my junk back together this weekend and do some investigating
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 16th 2009, 12:25 pm

Charlie, you and Randy need to slow down a bit. Let them young pups do the 20hr days, and you take it easy and slow the pace down to like 17 or 18hr days. I have put in them hours many times, and will do it many more, but it takes some time to get healed back up after doing it. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 16th 2009, 12:37 pm

I put in about 30 hours in the last 2 days with work and the ranger project does that count Laughing Laughing
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse September 16th 2009, 4:55 pm

drive dont count LOL
i wish i could work on my truck 20 hrs a day
but my olny proublem is well besides my day job is
i keep running out of money i have done all the free stuff now i gotta spend money
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 16th 2009, 5:52 pm

jesse wrote:drive dont count LOL
i wish i could work on my truck 20 hrs a day
but my olny proublem is well besides my day job is
i keep running out of money i have done all the free stuff now i gotta spend money

x2 on that I keep running out on the money thing to
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 16th 2009, 8:33 pm

56Tbird wrote:I just hope that 20 hour day don't get Charlie down for 2 or 3 days... affraid I wanna run them Street heads this weekend bounce bounce Very Happy If I do a 20hr. day now , it takes me 2 days to get back to normal(well as close to normal as I can be) lol!

Dan,

Bowles, Evans, Evans and Malik had a working lunch today. (Thanks Donald for buying.) Anyway, everything concerning your heads has been taken care of. Lem brought back some new springs from the dealership. The heads have been checked, cleaned, valves ground, etc. and I am assembling them now. If you get up off the couch, you can come pick them up tonight! Bring your checkbook. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt September 17th 2009, 9:59 am

OK Charlie, I'll expect a 20yr day Monday when you and Bob get the cam tunnel bored in my block. Very Happy
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 17th 2009, 11:20 am

Thanks for the fast service Charlie . I hope the cash works as well as a check would have Very Happy I hope this rain stays away for a few more days too Rolling Eyes
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss September 17th 2009, 12:00 pm

Take care,

Charlie Evans

Damn Charlie , Here I thought you worked 12 hrs a day for yourself, then you and Lem put in another 8 for combined projects..and hell that only leaves 4 hrs of drinkin time ?

Have you ever noticed..that after 50 years of age...we can get a hangover without drinking just by staying awake past 18 hrs... Laughing

And for the Life of me....I still cant figure out how the hell Lem runs a Dealership and builds all these Mountain motors ?? Laughing
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 17th 2009, 12:04 pm

RapidRuss wrote:

Take care,

Charlie Evans

Damn Charlie , Here I thought you worked 12 hrs a day for yourself, then you and Lem put in another 8 for combined projects..and hell that only leaves 4 hrs of drinkin time ?

Have you ever noticed..that after 50 years of age...we can get a hangover without drinking just by staying awake past 18 hrs... Laughing

And for the Life of me....I still cant figure out how the hell Lem runs a Dealership and builds all these Mountain motors ?? :lol:

i do .......... he is a bad summa biatch Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  RapidRuss September 17th 2009, 2:52 pm

Bruno Your Probably right there Bud !! Twisted Evil
RapidRuss
RapidRuss

Back to top Go down

Post  IDIeselman September 17th 2009, 7:12 pm

Wow, No wonder Randy didn't answer his phone. I think I'll give him the weekend to rest up before bothering him again.

No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need any!
IDIeselman
IDIeselman

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 17th 2009, 8:08 pm

He's probably bloated too, they have alot of Texas Roadhouse's along the way Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 17th 2009, 8:24 pm

And for the Life of me....I still cant figure out how the hell Lem runs a Dealership and builds all these Mountain motors ?? Laughing

Feet up on the desk, phone glued to one ear, carton of smokes, and a quart of whiskey in the bottom right desk drawer.................. Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 17th 2009, 8:27 pm

That Lem's got it GOWONON Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 17th 2009, 8:32 pm

And Lem still manages to find time to straighten my engine problems out too!!!!!!!!!What a guy!!! Very Happy Thanks again for your knowledge Lem Cool
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next