BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roller cam ??Too small??

4 posters

Go down

roller cam ??Too small?? Empty roller cam ??Too small??

Post  stanggt January 10th 2012, 10:30 am

R-314-2 erson custom 283/288 dur@.050 .765/.740 lift 1.7 rockers 108+2, must be lobe sep. this is the info that I was given on camshaft. this was ran in a 572 with domes and running on alchohol. I am building a 572 with flat tops and ported scj kasse heads with vic 460 intake and currantly have a 1050 carb but im looking for a 1250cfm for it. Thoughts please, if this wont work for me then I will sell it to someone who can use it. It only has five 200ft runs on it.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

roller cam ??Too small?? Empty Re: roller cam ??Too small??

Post  Lem Evans January 10th 2012, 10:32 am

108 LSA seems narrow for a meth 572" engine.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 10th 2012, 10:33 am

Get a cam from Lem.

That one you have is pretty old school.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt January 10th 2012, 10:53 am

Lem Evans wrote:108 LSA seems narrow for a meth 572" engine.
cam was in a meth engine but would be going into race gas engine. Thanks for the quote on those rods Lem, will get with u soon for those.
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 10th 2012, 10:55 am

There really isn't enough information about the vehicle and how it is to be used to make an informed recommendation.
There is better stuff out there however, a simple FEW horsepower increase would probably be what would happen.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stanggt January 10th 2012, 11:18 am

rmcomprandy wrote:There really isn't enough information about the vehicle and how it is to be used to make an informed recommendation.
There is better stuff out there however, a simple FEW horsepower increase would probably be what would happen.
car is a 79 fox, 8.50 cert cage, minitubbed,14.50 quick time pros,spool,4:10 gears, coil overs,anit roll bar, QA1 front adjustable struts, Powerglide trans, race weight 3000-3100 will race it some and hit some shows with it also. It is still sreet leagal. Im using a new A460 block with Crower billit crank, H-beams, BRC flat tops. here is the deal, I already have the cam and lifters, might not be max effort with this cam but if it is way off then I may not use it but Money is tight as is with alot of people im sure and I can always change it out. I still have alot of other stuff that needs to be purchased and this is not a high priority on my list. Thanks guys. Ive learned alot from this site and continue to and plan on making alot of changes as the money allows it. I really appreciate your input and i take alot of notes. Very Happy
stanggt
stanggt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down